Maryland @ #1 Duke

Nestle Snipes

Big game for us, we need this win, and Jordan needs to stay out of foul trouble. With him in the game, we have a huge advantage against their big men. Our guards will probably get eaten alive by Duke's guards, hopefully we can keep it close.

Greivis Vasquez will be at the game. :glasses:

What a start for us so far, hopefully we can keep it up but I just have a feeling their outside shots will start to fall. Let's hope not..

Keep me updated sir.

Edited by JYD

Keep me updated sir.

Sure thing.

3 of our starters with 2 fouls, not a good sign. It sucks that we have no good three point shooters, it's times like this where I start to miss Eric Hayes, he was so vital to our success the past 4 years.

But if Duke continues to miss their three pointers, we should be able to stay in the game, just gotta hope Jordan can stay on the floor.. The Plumlee brothers cannot stop him at all.

Sean Mosley better step it up big time, he's been nonexistent on offense.

Gameover, Jordan played one helluva game, he could not be stopped. Unfortunately other than Cliff, no one else showed up on offense and no one was able to stop Singler in the last few minutes of the game. He hit a huge three late in the game which basically ended the game.

We put up a good fight though. But now we're 0-2 in the conference. :(

It was a great game. Maryland put up one heck of a fight, which I figured they would.

Really? I really didn't expect us to be close to Duke, especially without Greivis. The last few trips to Cameron have been terrible for us, we have gotten blown out of that building the last few years.

I know it's early, but I think Maryland will go far in the tournament this year.

Eh, outside of Jordan, we don't have the dominant play to go too far in the tourney. Last year I felt was our year, I truly believed we had a great shot at winning it all simply because Greivis was playing out of his mind. But now we have no three point shooters, and no dribble penetration. Mosley disappears too often in games, and Cliff isn't as consistent as I hope he'd be. But if we can keep working the offense through Jordan, who knows, maybe we can make some noise.

Am I the only Duke fan on here?

No I am too. :glasses:

Good game our bigs were pitiful but Maryland was very impressive, Jordan Williams is a BEAST and I think they will go far this year, after tonight I think they are the second best team in the ACC. Tyler Thornton was a defensive spark plug for us in his first significant PT of the season.

No I am too. :glasses:

Good game our bigs were pitiful but Maryland was very impressive, Jordan Williams is a BEAST and I think they will go far this year, after tonight I think they are the second best team in the ACC. Tyler Thornton was a defensive spark plug for us in his first significant PT of the season.

The biggest knock on Duke is their inability to defend above average centers. You guys gave up 22 and 9 to a Miami sophomore recently in just 23 minutes of play.

I can definitely see Duke getting upset in the tourney.

I ended up seeing the last ten minutes, when a friend of mine alerted to me what channel it was on lol.

Thanks for the update though Above Legit I was reading until 10 mins in the 2nd half, haha.

Tucker kept us in it towards the end but we need to find more offense else where. Someone needs to step up more as a scorer. I thought it'd be Bowie or Mosley, but they really haven't done enough for us to be a tournament team.

I ended up seeing the last ten minutes, when a friend of mine alerted to me what channel it was on lol.

Thanks for the update though Above Legit I was reading until 10 mins in the 2nd half, haha.

Tucker kept us in it towards the end but we need to find more offense else where. Someone needs to step up more as a scorer. I thought it'd be Bowie or Mosley, but they really haven't done enough for us to be a tournament team.

Guard play is just killing us. At least Tucker is getting comfortable coming off the bench, he was a stabilizing influence when he was on the court. However, Stoglin had just a nightmare of a game, he forced things far too much, Bowie was a no-show, and Howard lacked poise during a number of crucial possessions.

Maybe Peshon is better off starting for us at PG. He did have 4 turnovers in just 10 minutes, but he showed more patience and restraint than Stoglin.

So far we've learned the Terps can hang with the very best, but we cannot beat them. Unless we prove otherwise, that may be this team's epitaph.

The biggest knock on Duke is their inability to defend above average centers. You guys gave up 22 and 9 to a Miami sophomore recently in just 23 minutes of play.

You're right, that is something that needs to be addressed somehow.

Edited by Nestlé Snipes

Maryland is a solid team but they need players to emerge if they want to make the tournament. Right now, they lack a convincing win that would build their resume, because they'll obviously be a bubble team.

Stoglin and Howard are impressive at times but Stoglin definitely gets out of control and tries to do way too much at other times.

Bowie & Mosley are the keys to me. As the vet's of this team they need to elevate their game if the Terps will be playing in March.

Am I the only Duke fan on here?

It was a great game. Maryland put up one heck of a fight, which I figured they would. I know it's early, but I think Maryland will go far in the tournament this year.

Nope, I'm a Duke fan too. ;)

And we're both Suns fans!!! :)