Eagles Want Two 1st Round Picks For Kevin Kolb

Someone would probably give up a 2nd or 3rd for him...he is talented and could provide a team on the brink of being good, such as the Raiders, a legitimate threat.

Is he worth a first? Heck no.

This makes me laugh so hard. Really. He has been NFC Offensive Player of the Week in 1/3 of his career starts. But he looked bad in one half when the Eagles played Flash's team earlier this season, so obviously there is no hope. Oh, he also looked bad in his most recent start against the Cowboys with the worst starting offensive line in NFL history and 2nd/3rd string playmakers. Total garbage.

Not saying he will necessarily pan out, but to totally write him off is stupid, especially since he has shown flashes in the tiny tiny sample size of starts he's made.

Also, from what I am hearing, the Eagles have no plans to trade him this offseason, regardless of if Vick signs long term. So saying they want two first round picks is basically them saying "we don't want to trade the guy, but if somebody wants to give us something ridiculous, obviously we will listen". Not too hard to comprehend.

And Schaub is a great comparison, now that I think of it.

Edited by Phightins

Also, keep in mind, Jordan Raanan wrote that article. He might be the biggest tool bag in Philadelphia sports media. Obviously if Schefter said it, it is probably legitimate, but do not believe a word Raanan says.

This makes me laugh so hard. Really. He has been NFC Offensive Player of the Week in 1/3 of his career starts. But he looked bad in one half when the Eagles played Flash's team earlier this season, so obviously there is no hope. Oh, he also looked bad in his most recent start against the Cowboys with the worst starting offensive line in NFL history and 2nd/3rd string playmakers. Total garbage.

Vs Saints, @ Chiefs, Vs Packers, Vs Cowboys, so 1 of 4 and he looked bad twice looked good twice so how can you make an accurate opinion of him more than we can? No one but Flash has given up on him a 2nd round draft pick for Kolb is more than fair. By your theory, 1 good game against the horrid Chiefs and he deserves to go for a first :lol: , k.

Vs Saints, @ Chiefs, Vs Packers, Vs Cowboys, so 1 of 4 and he looked bad twice looked good twice so how can you make an accurate opinion of him more than we can? No one but Flash has given up on him a 2nd round draft pick for Kolb is more than fair. By your theory, 1 good game against the horrid Chiefs and he deserves to go for a first :lol: , k.

I also said this:

Not saying he will necessarily pan out, but to totally write him off is stupid, especially since he has shown flashes in the tiny tiny sample size of starts he's made.

Next time it might help to read the entire post, broseph.

Edited by Phightins

I also said this:

Next time it might help to read the entire post, broseph.

Well my point is, unless you are sure he's going to a franchise QB for your team, you can't give up a first for him. So I don't see how you could argue he's worth the first. I also don't see how asking for a 2nd is writing him off.

Edited by STATCity

Well my point is, unless you are sure he's going to a franchise QB for your team, you can't give up a first for him. So I don't see how you could argue he's worth the first.

Am I arguing this? Read my posts before replying to them plz.

Am I arguing this? Read my posts before replying to them plz.

You're missing the point, unless you posts was aimed soley at Flash (who we know doesn't know anything at football) I don't get why anyone in this thread is making you laugh, 2nd rounder is fair value for him.

You're missing the point, unless you posts was aimed soley at Flash (who we know doesn't know anything at football) I don't get why anyone in this thread is making you laugh, 2nd rounder is fair value for him.

I am laughing at the people writing Kolb off already. If that's just Flash, then yes, he is who that was directed to. But I seem to remember several other members doing the same thing in the past.

I am just arguing that the guy needs a fair chance, which he hasn't gotten yet.

Also FYI I did not say once that he is necessarily worth a 1st. Not once.

Edited by Phightins

What has Kevin Kolb come even remotely close to proving that would make him even close to bring worth a third round pick?

If I were the Raider's I'd absolutely trade a 3rd round pick for him. Maybe even a team like the Titans. I think this guy can play with some more time.

I know I'm in the minority here but I really just don't see it with Kolb. Its fine to disagree with me but we've seen how valuable teams consider early round draft picks so unless you're sure this kid is the real deal and is going to be your franchise QB for the next 10 years I don't think you give anything before a 4th for him.