Kolb or Vick?

The Truth

12 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Very nervous about giving Vick a mega-deal. Not saying Kolb is the answer (before I get crucified for that again). But giving a big contract to an old-ish guy who takes tons of big hits, doesn't know how to slide, and has existing injury issues is super risky and borderline irresponsible (depending on the terms of the deal). It's easy to say "give Vick a blank check" now, since chances are he will be dominant for another 2, maybe 3 seasons. But beyond that? Huge risk, and totally against the Eagles MO (see: Dawkins, Brian). I don't even care about the money, but the years is a huge issue.

Edited by Phightins

Mike Vick is one of the greatest athlete's of our generation. The things he can do at the QB position are unprecedented. Mike Vick will only get better under Andy Reid and learning the offense....Hands down Mike Vick.

People need to remember, the question isn't "who is the better QB right now". Or even "who is the best QB for the next couple seasons". That is the easiest question in the history of questions.

Anybody who thinks it's a lock that the Eagles will give Vick a blank check is not familiar with how the Eagles do business.

Vick is like 30 I think, his age will soon catch up to him. In 4 years? He won't be effective at all w/ his legs, and his arm [not arm strength, arm overall] is just mediocre. If defenses don't have to worry about Vick's legs, he's an average quarterback.

I'll take Kolb, Vick right now, but Kolb to build around.

• Like 1

If Vick wants a long-term deal, then I think they should go with Kolb.

People need to remember, the question isn't "who is the better QB right now". Or even "who is the best QB for the next couple seasons". That is the easiest question in the history of questions.

Anybody who thinks it's a lock that the Eagles will give Vick a blank check is not familiar with how the Eagles do business.

You guys do realize most of money in football is not guaranteed. Giving a guy a 5 year 60 million dollar contract doesn't mean you have to pay it all to him, like in the NBA. You can cut him and he won't be getting most of that...

You guys do realize most of money in football is not guaranteed. Giving a guy a 5 year 60 million dollar contract doesn't mean you have to pay it all to him, like in the NBA. You can cut him and he won't be getting most of that...

I know. I just have a feeling that Vick will be looking for something unprecedented. And chances are, somebody will be dumb enough to give it to him. That's why I hope the Eagles show a bit of caution.

But of course, this is irrelevant until there is a CBA.

It's not just the money, although I think he will ask for a very large contract. If Vick shows serious signs of slowing down in a year or two, they won't have Kevin Kolb to replace him with. That's a bigger problem than the money.

It's not just the money, although I think he will ask for a very large contract. If Vick shows serious signs of slowing down in a year or two, they won't have Kevin Kolb to replace him with. That's a bigger problem than the money.

Backup QBs aren't irreplaceable.

Backup QBs aren't irreplaceable.

Vick had a great season this year, and it will be hard for him to duplicate it. I would rather build around a QB that's much younger and will be around for a long time.

It would not be good if Vick had a season like Farve had this year after coming off of a historic season for himself.........

Vick had a great season this year, and it will be hard for him to duplicate it. I would rather build around a QB that's much younger and will be around for a long time.

It would not be good if Vick had a season like Farve had this year after coming off of a historic season for himself.........

Hello NFL Draft.

Hello NFL Draft.

So, that probably means if you want a very good NFL ready QB, you will be picking high in the draft, which means the Eagles probably suck, or you're going to be picking late, and getting a project QB.

Do you really want to risk getting a Jamarcus Russel or Ryan Leaf? I think Vick was an amazing plug for this season, but I'd go with Kolb.

Hello NFL Draft.

I doubt Philly could find a better QB than Vick in this year's draft. I understand the concerns surrounding Vick, but what if we're wrong? what if he can continue to play like he did this year? then you'd be getting rid of an MVP caliber player just because you were worried he MIGHT get injured.

Kolb is never going to be a great QB in this league imo. you might as well trade him now while he only has a year left on his contract and make Vick the starter for the next few years. he's going to sell tickets, put them in contention, and possibly repeat the success he had with them this year.

Kolb is absolute garbage, I would go vick any day of the week. Even a 50 year old vick is better than a prime kolb.

Ok your an idiot shut up

Vick was a number 1 pick man. He continues to get better as he puts in more work. He's not showing any signs of falling back. Favre on the other hand was really getting up there in age.

Vick is only going to get better over the next 2-3 seasons IMO as he continues to stay in the same system. As long as he stays out of trouble I think he'll grow as a passer. We already know what he can do with his legs. He has a terrific arm. The guy overall has an abundance of talent, he just needs to continue to work and study to become the kind of PASSER he needs to be to be a top QB in this league.