Cats, Cavs Discuss Wallace Trade

The Charlotte Bobcats have discussed a trade to send forward Gerald Wallace(notes) to the Cleveland Cavaliers, a league source told Yahoo! Sports.

The Cavaliers would use their trade exception to acquire Wallace, but have also pushed for a lottery-protected first-round pick for them to take on the two years and $22 million left on Wallace’s contract through the 2012-13 season, the source said. The Bobcats would receive a $10 million trade exception in return.

No deal is imminent, and the Cavaliers have until July 10 to use the $14.5 million trade exception created from the sign-and-trade with the Miami Heat for LeBron James.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=ApiD7G9HwXFCz18lNvyVFgq8vLYF?slug=aw-wallacebobcats011411

Seems kind of a steep price to move Wallace. I don't see why Charlotte would give up a first round pick to move Wallace considering his talent level and the fact that his contract, while maybe a tad bit overpaid, is hardly a burden considering it is only for two more years.

How dumb would Jordan be to trade Gerald Wallace?! I don't see any players of the Cavs that could help the Bobcats as Wallace did for them

It looks like he wants to rebuild or make room to sign a few players of his choosing. So why not dump the contract if you don't feel this team is going in the right direction. I understand what you mean, you'd think they could get more trading to him to a contender maybe.

I would go CRAZY if the Lakers got him. Wallace is such a beast, he needs to play for a contender.

He can't shoot, he has no court vision, and he succeeds at basketball by endangering his life on reckless crashes at the basket.

He'd be a pretty useful sixth man though.