10 Reasons Why Griffin Must be in the All-Star Game

http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/1378/imagegalleryf.jpg

10. Fans are tuning in from all across the world, looking for the excitement and the entertainment factor. The All-Star game is based on grabbing the audience’s attention and Blake Griffin provides that and more. There is no bigger platform. The All-Star game is the perfect stage for the world to come together to watch and observe the Blake Griffin show.

9. The fans want him in there. Griffin has 540,701 votes up to this point, and has seen one of the largest increases in votes for any of the players on the ballot in each All-Star voting return. Griffin surpassed Dirk Nowitzki in the third return and is right in reach to move ahead of the veteran, Tim Duncan. It’s no secret that the West is absolutely loaded with talented forwards but have a limited amount of centers to choose from. With that, the coaches have selected Nowitzki and Duncan as centers in the past, which will give Griffin an even better shot at giving the fans what they want.

8. Griffin leads the NBA in dunks, and is top ten in the NBA in “and 1” plays. This is a statistic that can be overlooked. With all coaches putting Griffin on their defensive radar night in and night out, Griffin has seen a spike in hard fouls from players preventing themselves from being in a poster. Even with all NBA coaches grade A defensive schemes and hard fouls coming Griffin's way, his sheer athleticism and power allows him to be one of the league leaders in dunks and And 1 plays.

7. The back-to-back Western Conference Rookie of the month makes up for 22 percent of the team’s points and 29 percent of the team’s total rebounds alone. There is no first or second year player in the NBA that accounts for that type of production -- plain and simple.

6. The rookie is 4th in the NBA in rebounds per game, 4th in offensive rebounds per game and 3rd in defensive rebounds per game. Griffin also broke Michael Cage’s Clippers franchise record for the most consecutive double-doubles and is currently at 22 straight games, which is the second best in the NBA. Griffin hasn't even been close to slowing down.

5. The 21-year-old is in the top 15 in the league for points per game, and is second behind Dirk Nowitzki out of the Western Conference power forwards at 21.7 points per game. On an irrelevant side note, he also enjoys jumping over humans when dunking the ball during games.

4. How about being 4th in the league in an overall average of points, rebounds and assists and at 37.9, while the overall leader, LeBron James is just barely ahead at an average of 39. Griffin leads all rookies in field goals made, free throws made, free throws attempted, points, offensive rebounds, defensive rebounds, total rebounds, and leads all rookie forwards in steals and assists per game.

3. He’s the only player in the last decade that can get poked in the eye by the rim. Truth.

2. Here’s a history lesson for you. Griffin is the only rookie to average over 20 points and over 12 rebounds since David Robinson in 1989-90, and Shaquille O’Neal in 1992-93. Why stop there? Griffin is also the last rookie to average over 20 points, 12 rebounds and 3 assists since Larry Bird in 1979-80. The Admiral, the Diesel, and Larry Legend all made their way on to the All-Star team their rookie year.

1. He may not know how to “Dougie,” but he can “Mozgov” pretty well.

http://my.clippers.com/group/clippers/exclusive_features/-/blogs/top-10-reasons-for-blake-griffin-to-be-in-the-all-star-game?_33_redirect=%2Fgroup%2Fclippers%2Fexclusive_features

Wait...Bird never averaged over 11RPG in a season. So, it hasn't been since at least the early-mid '70's where a rookie has averaged at least 21/12/3 for a season. And Griffin's numbers are only climbing, as now he's at 22PPG and almost 13RPG. With the way he's passing, he might crack 4APG as well by season's end.

He definitely deserves to be in the game this year. His production has been unbelievable, he's been efficient, he's been the most consistent rookie I've ever seen (his double-double and 20pt streak are crazy), and he's the most exciting rookie to enter the league since LeBron. There's no doubt he should be there.

I definitely think he should be in the ASG. Fans vote for the best players, but they also want to see an entertaining game. Blake Griffin doing his thing in the dunk contest and in the ASG with other incredible players would be a treat to watch, whats more important than that in a ASG.

At the same time I also want to see Kevin Love who has been in beast mode all season.

Wait...Bird never averaged over 11RPG in a season. So, it hasn't been since at least the early-mid '70's where a rookie has averaged at least 21/12/3 for a season.

Yes actually the last time that a rookie averaged at least 21/12/3 for a season it was Jabbar in 1970. In fact only two rookies have averaged at least 21/12/3 for a season in the history of the NBA, they were Jabbar so, and Baylor. And they both made the All Star game that year. Marvin Barnes did it in the ABA and he made the ABA All Star game that year too.

And Blake is also already 6th at the efficiency rating this year ! Ahead of players like Durant, Nowitzki, Paul, Wade or Kobe... And the only rookie in the top 50.

So yeah there is no doubt that Blake deserves to be All Star this year. Besides he's the typical player that we want to see in the All Star, he's made for that kind of games. Although the only thing that could keep him from doing it this year is the Clippers' records... But the Clippers have had a lot of troubles this year (with Kaman and Davis injuries) and they still lack of talent... Only Griffin and Gordon (who would deserve to be All Star as well but I doubt that it will..) have been really consistent. So it would be very unfair not to pick him because of that... Griffin has done everything he could to help his team. Besides the Clippers have gotten better lately actually.

So I definitely think that Griffin has to be All Star this year, there is no doubt about that.

Blake Griffin is nice, but there are other more deserving players.

At the forward positions in the West, who? Durant and Dirk are the only ones I'd say are clearly more deserving. Melo will probably be in the East by the ASG, Gasol's really slowed down since his MVP-like start, Love's team is even worse than Griffin's and he hasn't been as good as Griffin, Randolph started the season off too slow, Milsap/Jefferson/Scola/West/Odom all haven't been as good, and Duncan hasn't been as good as Griffin, plays less minutes and will probably get in as a center.

I'd buy taking Durant, Dirk, Melo (if he's still on the Nuggets) and maybe Gasol over Griffin, but any of those other players getting in ahead of him would be just wrong.

At the forward positions in the West, who? Durant and Dirk are the only ones I'd say are clearly more deserving. Melo will probably be in the East by the ASG, Gasol's really slowed down since his MVP-like start, Love's team is even worse than Griffin's and he hasn't been as good as Griffin, Randolph started the season off too slow, Milsap/Jefferson/Scola/West/Odom all haven't been as good, and Duncan hasn't been as good as Griffin, plays less minutes and will probably get in as a center.

I'd buy taking Durant, Dirk, Melo (if he's still on the Nuggets) and maybe Gasol over Griffin, but any of those other players getting in ahead of him would be just wrong.

Rudy Gay, plus I like some of the other guys you say Blake Griffin has been better than, ex. Kevin Love.

Rudy Gay, plus I like some of the other guys you say Blake Griffin has been better than, ex. Kevin Love.

Rudy Gay...really? Griffin is averaging more points on better efficiency, more rebounds AND more assists than Rudy.

As for Kevin Love, the only thing he has on Griffin is rebounding, and the Wolves have done worse than the Clippers and he won't bring as much excitement to the ASG as Blake will.

• Owner

He has to get in over Gasol. It may not be one of those "hands-down" decisions for everyone, but it's not even a question for me.

Durant and Nowitzki get the nod as the starters, assuming Melo gets to play for the East. After that, Griffin needs to be coming off the bench.

Plus, Gasol should be considered a five anyway. The dude was playing the position for two months.

Rudy Gay...really? Griffin is averaging more points on better efficiency, more rebounds AND more assists than Rudy.

Yes, and I know the stats you don't have to tell me

dude, Griffin is averaging more points, rebounds, and assists than Gay, and doing it more efficiently and in fewer minutes.

Is there an echo in this thread?

Yes, and I know the stats you don't have to tell me

Then what could possibly be your reasoning, besides pure, misguided hate? It's not even like Griffin's playing with an elite PG, which was the knock on Amare earlier in his career.

Then what could possibly be your reasoning, besides pure, misguided hate? It's not even like Griffin's playing with an elite PG, which was the knock on Amare earlier in his career.

Why would I have hate toward him? I actually like him. If I did have hate though, what makes you assume that my hate would be misguided? I just think Rudy Gay is a better player and if Gay were on a team where he was the clear cut #1 scoring option he could avg 30 a game. You could argue Rudy Gay is the 2nd best SF in the West this year.