Kyle Lowry or D.J. Augustin

Warren2ThaG

• 1 month later...

Why do you keep deleting your posts Sacha? It's getting kind of annoying.

But give me Lowry 10 times out of 10. DJ has proved nothing this year while Lowry actually made the Rockets trade who we thought was their PG of the future was in Brooks. He greatly stepped up his game, took advantage of the time he was given and has been great for the Rockets. I wouldn't even question picking Lowry over Augustine at this point.

Kyle Lowry has been incredible since Aaron Brooks is officially out of the picture.

Give credit to the Rockets staff for matching Cleavland's contract and paying Kyle starting material money. He's proven he's a starter, and just got his first triple double of his career.

Lowry is capable of doing more than DJ overall. Kyle is a hefty dude for his size, he goes in the paint and battles with the giants for a rebound, he pushes the tempo instantly, and has now found his shooting range and expanded it consistently this year. He's just an all a rounder which makes him so valuable.

Why do you keep deleting your posts Sacha? It's getting kind of annoying.

But give me Lowry 10 times out of 10. DJ has proved nothing this year while Lowry actually made the Rockets trade who we thought was their PG of the future was in Brooks. He greatly stepped up his game, took advantage of the time he was given and has been great for the Rockets. I wouldn't even question picking Lowry over Augustine at this point.

I agree with you that Lowry is better, but what exactly is wrong with what Augustin has done this season? His numbers are up across the board and has proven the ability to at least be a competent starting point guard, which was a huge question mark before this season. I know that his per game averages are bound to be higher simply because he is playing 13 more minutes per game, but his per 36 minutes reflect the improvement in his game.

Last season he averaged 12.4 ppg, 4.7 apg, 2.1 rpg, 38.6 FG%, 39.4 3PT% and 77.9 FT%

This season he is averaging 15.4 ppg, 6.3 apg, 2.5 rog, 42.4 FG%, 34 3PT%, 90.6 FT%

On top of that, his PER is up from 11.2 to 15.9 and its not like his USG% is significantly higher as it was 17.9% last season in comparision to 20.8% this season.

Again, Lowry is defintiely the better player but to say that Augustin has done nothing this year is cutting him short considering how everybody was writing the Cats off after losing Felton and having to start Augustin, yet they are still in the mix for the final playoff spot despite dumping salary (and if they had kept Wallace and Mohammed I am sure they would get the 8th seed over the Pacers).