Brook Lopez's late surge

The Regime

Btw I certainly don't think he's the second best center in the league, let alone top five. I actually saw this question on another forum so I thought I would throw this up and see what you guys think.

I just don't know what more he can do to up his rebounding numbers outside of hitting the weight room and getting stronger (which doesn't seem like it's going to happen with mono). He's a talented scorer, but at this point Howard, Duncan, Noah, Bogut, and Bynum are all better overall players.

Edited by Confidence

Btw I certainly don't think he's the second best center in the league, let alone top five. I actually saw this question on another forum so I thought I would throw this up and see what you guys think.

I just don't know what more he can do to up his rebounding numbers outside of hitting the weight room and getting stronger (which doesn't seem like it's going to happen with mono). He's a talented scorer, but at this point Howard, Duncan, Noah, Bogut, and Bynum are all better overall players.

Mono sent his progress back, and he had to work his way back to it. He still may have to spend some more time in the weight room to complete that comeback. But it doesn't mean it won't allow him to get stronger.

Along with his disadvantage when boxing out, the fact that he's not as strong may contribute to Avery setting up Brook differently than Frank (and our coaches last year) did. Those two things are the main contributors to the decline in his boards. Humphries has been stacking up those double-doubles because he's usually doing the dirty work.

The primary reason for Lopez's decline is that is he's playing farther away from the basket. Last year, 32.8 percent of Lopez's shots came outside of 10 feet, this year that number has jumped to 42.8 percent. Not coincidentally, just 20.2 percent of Lopez's shots have come at the rim. Considering Lopez's position and the fact that he got 48.0 percent of his shots at the basket last year, that's too much perimeter play from Lopez.

Link

5.4 rebounds...I know he takes those mid-range jumpers and all, but when you are a 7-footer and if you are standing inside the paint area, surely you can get more than 5.4 rebounds per game. Bargnani shoot like 4 3-pointers in a game and he still gets 5.7 rebounds per game.

5.4 rebounds...I know he takes those mid-range jumpers and all, but when you are a 7-footer and if you are standing inside the paint area, surely you can get more than 5.4 rebounds per game. Bargnani shoot like 4 3-pointers in a game and he still gets 5.7 rebounds per game.

Not sure what you are trying to compare here because on the year Lopez has 5.8 RPG.

What I am saying if Bargnani, being someone who likes to stay around the 3-point line at times, can get approximately the same number of rebounds as Brook, who at furtherest go for a 20-21 feet jumper, something is wrong.

What I am saying if Bargnani, being someone who likes to stay around the 3-point line at times, can get approximately the same number of rebounds as Brook, who at furtherest go for a 20-21 feet jumper, something is wrong.

You can say the same thing about Dirk, but at the end of the day it's either you hustle for rebounds and are a good rebounder or you are not. A big part of D Lee's game is his mid range game and look how rebounds he gets.

Being 20 feet and 23 feet from the basket is virtually that same thing when you are talking about rebounds. In fact after 10+ feet you are pretty much out of ideal rebounding position. Once again, I have no clue what the [expletive] you are trying to compare here.

:huh:

But no he is not even close to top 2 as of right now. He is 22 years old, atleast another 2-3 years until he reaches his "prime" IMO so the room for improvement is definitely there.

I was kinda joking but what I mean is that Brook doesn't play defense and isn't a top 2 centers. I mean, 5.4 boards per game is horrible for a center with this height and his talent. I'd take Bogut ANY DAY