2011 NHL All Star Game

Phightins

Game is at 4 on Sunday. Rookie skills competition tomorrow night. Rosters drafted tonight:

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g96/philsphan1210/Picture2-10.png

The draft was pretty cool, but kind of awkward.

Edited by Phightins

Game is at 4 on Sunday. Rookie skills competition tomorrow night. Rosters drafted tonight:

Team Staal	        Team Lidstrom
1. Cam Ward, G	        2. Steven Stamkos, F
3. Alex Ovechkin, F	4. Duncan Keith, D
5. Daniel Sedin, F	6. Henrik Sedin, F
7. Zdeno Chara, D	8. Shea Weber, D
9. Rick Nash, F	        10. Tim Thomas, G
11. Henrik Lundqvist, G 12. Danny Briere, F
13. Marc Staal, D       14. Dustin Byfuglien, D
15. Patrick Sharp, F	16. Jonathan Toews, F
17. Dan Boyle, D    	18. Marc-Andre Fleury, G
19. Carey Price, G	20. Jonas Hiller, G
21. Jeff Skinner, F	22. Brad Richards, F
23. Kris Letang, D	24. Keith Yandle, D
25. Claude Giroux, F	26. Brent Burns, D
27. Erik Karlsson, D	28. Martin Havlat, F
29. Corey Perry, F	30. Anze Kopitar, F
31. Patrik Elias, F	32. Matt Duchene, F
33. David Backes, F	34. Loui Eriksson, F
35. Paul Stastny, F	36. Phil Kessel, F
Capt: Eric Staal, F         Capt: Nicklas Lidstrom, D
Alt: Ryan Kesler, F        Alt: Patrick Kane, F
Alt: Mike Green, D         Alt: Martin St. Louis, F

Updated with captains and alternate captains.

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g96/philsphan1210/Picture2-10.png

Updated with everything.

Do the rookies play in the actual all-star game as well? Either way I'm taking Team Lidstrom, teams pretty stacked.

They aren't playing in the actual game. As far as I know, they are just participating in the skills contest tonight.

To be honest, I am not completely sure how this is going to work (the skills contest). I get the feeling that the league is making up rules on the fly. I guess we will find out tonight.

I like Brian Burke as a person for what he's trying to do in his son's honor, but he is a very overrated GM. He stole Chris Pronger from Edmonton and he drafted the Sedins in Vancouver. Otherwise, he did nothing with the Canucks, inherited an otherwise great team in Anaheim, and has done an abysmal job in Toronto.

As for the skills competition tonight, I was entertained. Looked like a great crowd in Raleigh. Awesome to see hockey catching on in a southern market as it has there in the past few years. Also, NHL take note: it is possible to have an entertaining product without your biggest star. With the exception of the horrendous Versus production value, it was solid.

lol way to not mention him getting a ring with the Ducks.

That Stanley Cup was giftwrapped on a platter for him. Burke gets a little credit from me but not much. He was a lame duck GM in Vancouver and the Kessel deal was probably amongst the top-ten worst in history with Seguin and the guy they'll add this year (could be a guy like Larsson). He's overrated.

Brian Burke has done a great job building a team.......except that team is located in Boston. Once Cladue Julien lets Seguin get some more ice time and lets him fly around, the kid is going to be special. He makes some rookie mistakes, but his speed has really impressed me.

I'll be looking forward to Adam Larson this year as well, one of the most highly touted defensive prospects in years.

Not sure why we are posting this in the ASG thread, but this is my favorite Pronger moment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJBBaOTDMcg

As for the second video, whatever makes you feel better about how that season eventually ended :).

Not sure why we are posting this in the ASG thread, but this is my favorite Pronger moment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJBBaOTDMcg

As for the second video, whatever makes you feel better about how that season eventually ended :).

I saw Pronger mentioned in the previous post, and I will always remember that interview of his.

Also, I loved watching the Fly.....eh...Blackhawks raise the Cup. :D .

Edited by EastCoastNiner