Garnett ejected vs. Suns

I love all the Celtics blowhards coming in and pushing Gortat, as if the Suns did anything wrong. Cool Nate, you have a Napoleon complex, and we get it Perkins, you are terribly ugly and the only thing you have going for you is a bad boy persona... GTFO.

• Like 1

I love all the Celtics blowhards coming in and pushing Gortat, as if the Suns did anything wrong. Cool Nate, you have a Napoleon complex, and we get it Perkins, you are terribly ugly and the only thing you have going for you is a bad boy persona... GTFO.

http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2008/4/29/umad128539779112343750.jpg

I completely agree. It's funny how it seems only the Celtics fans don't see anything wrong with this. Garnett is dirty, end of story.

I completely agree. It's funny how it seems only the Celtics fans don't see anything wrong with this. Garnett is dirty, end of story.

Im probably the only Celtic fan on this board, dont see anyone defending KG on this....

And no, there is no defense for it, but KG is a Celtic, so i'm not gonna hate him just because people label him dirty, but i guess it's a thing where if he's on your team, you love him, and vice-versa.

Besides being arguably the best post defender in the NBA and more valuable than anyone on the Knicks outside of Amare, but other than that, sure?

Besides being arguably the best post defender in the NBA and more valuable than anyone on the Knicks outside of Amare, but other than that, sure?

Thank you, ECN, from the bottom of my heart, for this wonderfully gracious contribution. I appreciate you to the absolute fullest. We now know why he gets to go around with a scowl on his face, pushing people in the back in skirmishes and racking up those technical fouls. Talking [expletive] and playing relatively dirty. He plays good post defense. It's like a whole world has opened up before my eyes, and you are the man to thank. So, from the depths of my being; thank you.

Sidenote: Speaking of unrelated topics, as you like to call people out for doing... What do the Knicks have anything to do with this? Just blindly defending a local Boston team as best you can? You're not even a good Boston fan, get out of here.

KG is an [expletive]. I used to love KG back when he was with the Wolves; in fact, the first authentic jersey I ever bought was a KG Wolves jersey (the black won) during his MVP season. Since he came to the Celtics, though, he has gone overboard with his on-court antics. He has become really, really hard to root for.

With that said, I would love it if I was a Celtics fan. He gets in people's heads and throws them off their game with his dirty style of play. He gives the Celtics an attitude and extremely unlikable swagger that helps them be the team they are.

Thank you, ECN, from the bottom of my heart, for this wonderfully gracious contribution. I appreciate you to the absolute fullest. We now know why he gets to go around with a scowl on his face, pushing people in the back in skirmishes and racking up those technical fouls. Talking [expletive] and playing relatively dirty. He plays good post defense. It's like a whole world has opened up before my eyes, and you are the man to thank. So, from the depths of my being; thank you.

Sidenote: Speaking of unrelated topics, as you like to call people out for doing... What do the Knicks have anything to do with this? Just blindly defending a local Boston team as best you can? You're not even a good Boston fan, get out of here.

What does Nate Robinson having "Napoleon" complex have to do with KG? What does Perkins being "ugly" in your opinion have to do with anything? Absolutely NOTHING except that they are on the Celtics, but you're welcome to try again.

KG is an [expletive]. I used to love KG back when he was with the Wolves; in fact, the first authentic jersey I ever bought was a KG Wolves jersey (the black won) during his MVP season. Since he came to the Celtics, though, he has gone overboard with his on-court antics. He has become really, really hard to root for.

With that said, I would love it if I was a Celtics fan. He gets in people's heads and throws them off their game with his dirty style of play. He gives the Celtics an attitude and extremely unlikable swagger that helps them be the team they are.

He's always been an [expletive]-hole. I never liked him before he was on the Celtics, and I didn't really like him his first few seasons in Boston, but I am starting to warm up to him. :lol: .

What does Nate Robinson having "Napoleon" complex have to do with KG? What does Perkins being "ugly" in your opinion have to do with anything? Absolutely NOTHING except that they are on the Celtics, but you're welcome to try again.

Because in the video I just watched, when Gortat was pulling Frye away and playing the peacemaker, Nate and Perkins came in pushing him in the back and acting like hardasses because the situation presented itself.

Follow the topic or don't make assertive posts, you [expletive]ing clown.

He's always been an [expletive]-hole. I never liked him before he was on the Celtics, and I didn't really like him his first few seasons in Boston, but I am starting to warm up to him. :lol: .

I never said he wasn't an [expletive], but since he's gone to the Celtics he's tried a lot harder to play dirty and do things to get into player's heads. He did some of that with the Wolves, but he's taken it to a new level the last few seasons.

It was a low move by Kevin Garnett, seriously Frye already shot the ball so there's no need for that. Surely, KG was just trying to get under his skin but I'm sure Kevin Garnett's trash talking and dirty plays already get under the player's skins.

I don't think that the low blow was the reason why Frye got upset but rather because KG put his foot underneath him while he was shooting. I watched this game and it was actually the second time that KG did that to him that night, the second time he tried to break his ankle that way. The first time Frye said nothing but this was too much... The low blow certainly did add some fuel to the fire though.

About KG's "dirtyness", well it's true that he was already dirty in his Minnesota days but it's impossible to say that he was all his career. I clearly remember when Garnett arrived in the league, when he was still known as "Da Kid", he was totally different to what he is now. He was just happy to be in the big league, surrounded by the biggest NBA stars, even asking for their autographs. He was like a kid surrounded by his favorite stars in his first years in the big league. He only became dirty a few years later and even dirtier when he became a C's...

Anyway, honestly I might be the only one but I have to say that I ain't bothered by KG's "ditryness", or anyone else's for that matter. Sure I can understand why people are bothered by it and all but... that's part of the game. Besides people hate KG for that but most people praise Rodman (which I understand as he's one of my fav players) at the same time, which doesn't make any sense whatsoever to me since KG is just a baby girl compared to Rodman. Rodman is definitely one of the dirtiest players ever, much more dirty than players like KG or Bruce Bowen...

Also my favorite team ever is the 90's Knicks, which were playing a violent basketball, who tried to hurt their opponents each game, especially in the first part of the 90's. So that might be another reason why I'm not as schocked as most people...

All of this reminds me of what Magic said during the 93 Finals. In the first three games of those Finals the game was not particularly physical, the players of those two teams were basically all friends, Jordan and Barkley ate together and all, and you could see all of that on the court. The game became much more intense and physical in the game 4. And during that game Magic said that that's what he was waiting for. That in order to win you have to literally HATE your opponent. It's nice to be friends with the opponents and all but not during the Finals. You have to forget about all that during the Finals,even between the games, this until the series is over. And I have to say that I agree with him. That's what the game is all about, you have to win, to hate your opponent, it makes the game much more interesting to watch.

Now of course KG went too far, and I'm not trying to defend him at all, all I'm saying is that... that's part of the game. Sure Frye was upset and I definitely understand that, he could have been injured and all, but... that's part of the game. That's what he's paid for. So that's why I don't hate KG and, quite the opposite, actually like this kind of players. Basketball ain't a sissy's sport, it's a man sport (sadly not as much as in the 90's though) and I don't want that to change. That's why I hope that there's always gonna be players like KG in the game of basketball. That's what the game is all about.

• Like 1

As for the cheap shot its whatever, this happens to people all the time just this one was more blatant and out in the open. I seen this happen on TV and there is no way that I think he should have gotten ejected just maybe a flagrant or something but not ejected. As for KGs "dirty play" I personally love it. Brings intensity and gets people going, he will try to get in your head. All of the best defenders can be considered dirty in their own rights IMO because they go out and get it.