Durant: Bosh is "fake tough guy"

OKLAHOMA CITY — Kevin Durant has always shown the league’s elite players appropriate respect. After the Thunder’s Sunday afternoon loss to Miami, for instance, he called LeBron James and Kobe Bryant 1A and 1B, as in being the best players in the game.

Chris Bosh is probably pretty far down Durant’s list.

Asked about a first quarter verbal spat when he and Bosh both picked up technicals, the mild-mannered Durant didn’t mince words. He called the former Toronto All-Star forward a “fake tough guy” who talks because he’s on a good team now.

The incident happened with 6:46 left in the first quarter after Bosh committed a foul. Durant said he didn’t immediately get into it with Bosh.

“I was talking to my teammate and [bosh] decided he wanted to put his two cents into it,” Durant explained after the 108-103 setback. “I am a quiet guy, laid-back guy, but I’m not going to let nobody talk trash to me. He’s on a good team now so he thinks he can talk a little bit. There are a lot of fake tough guys in this league and he’s one of them.”

Bosh must have pissed him off

Full Story

Lol, he was definitely saying something about the play and Bosh just went up to him and started talking to him. No big deal, its the NBA...trash talk happens.

If LBJ/Wade/Bosh murdered someone you would still defend them. :lol:

Like they are all your gay boyfriends or something, its quite pathetic actually.

• Like 2

first of all, bosh is soft (duh..he doesn't even want people diving for loose balls..lmao, and to think he plays for a franchise that has haslem, and HAD alonzo and posey and other such players)

BUT i kinda do agree with flash a bit, something THAT minor...why even talk about it lol - it was like a 2 second altercation, and he is gonna go and tweet about it, because nothing says tough like a tweet? and we dont even know what KD said that got bosh's soft [expletive] to even react as a tough guy..so lets not label KD as the good guy just because he was facing the well hated miami heat

I was really surprised Durant actually tweeted that. I think he's off-base because Bosh is the last guy I can think of that acts tough; I mean, he's the guy that doesn't want people diving for the ball when standing players are in the vicinity, and he just had a Maxim photo shoot like a week ago. He may talk a little trash or whatever on the court, but I don't consider him to front as a tough guy. But, I am surprised Durant tweeted that because it's really out of character for him. I don't mind it, but it's just odd.

Lol, he was definitely saying something about the play and Bosh just went up to him and started talking to him. No big deal, its the NBA...trash talk happens.

+1.

Don't see why Durant's getting so upset, but then again we don't know what Bosh said. "but I’m not going to let nobody talk trash to me" makes KD sound like a bit of a girl though lol. Trash Talk's a part of the game and has been since before KD was born.

+1.

Don't see why Durant's getting so upset, but then again we don't know what Bosh said. "but I’m not going to let nobody talk trash to me" makes KD sound like a bit of a girl though lol. Trash Talk's a part of the game and has been since before KD was born.

wouldnt he be more of a girl if he let people trash talk him and not stand up for himself, smh..

• Like 1

Don't really see the big deal here. From my understanding, Bosh fouled Harden, Durant helped him up and told him "Next time, dunk on him" or something like that and then Bosh said something back to Durant.

So Bosh is a fake tough for for responding to Durant telling a teammate to dunk on him? Right....

I like Durant and all, but come on, when has Bosh ever acted like a tough guy in his career? He shies away from confrontation, is almost always the one mediating conflicts whenever a group of players get into it on the court and very rarely ever talks crap after the game (or even during, for that matter).

Durant just seems sour that his team lost the game because they couldn't grab a defensive rebound to save their life and Bosh just so happened to be the one who got the game winning tip in (I think, at least).

• Like 1

he could have stood up for himself by talking back to Bosh, not tweeting about the [expletive] after the game.

and WTF do you think they got techs for? durant did stand up for him and his teammate

lol why do you think he tweeted it? and where did you come up with that?

he was asked by reporters, durant isnt gonna go around tweeting that kinda stuff, obviously he was pissed about losing and when asked about the bosh incident he didnt hold back

and we dont even know what bosh said

Edited by MoeRoadKill

wouldnt he be more of a girl if he let people trash talk him and not stand up for himself, smh..

Chill out, of course he should stand up for himself, it's just saying "I'm not going to let anyone talk trash." makes him sound like a bit of girl. It's like he expects everybody to be nice to him and gets really upset when they aren't.

Chill out, of course he should stand up for himself, it's just saying "I'm not going to let anyone talk trash." makes him sound like a bit of girl. It's like he expects everybody to be nice to him and gets really upset when they aren't.

How is him saying he's not going to let anyone talk trash to him make him sound like a girl? That makes no sense at all. You are supposed to get upset if someone is talking [expletive] to your face. [expletive] I've been in a bunch of fights over simple trash talk. Sure it is a part of the game but what do you expect him to do stand there and take it? If he did that than he would sound more like a [expletive] to me.

and WTF do you think they got techs for? durant did stand up for him and his teammate

lol why do you think he tweeted it? and where did you come up with that?

he was asked by reporters, durant isnt gonna go around tweeting that kinda stuff, obviously he was pissed about losing and when asked about the bosh incident he didnt hold back

and we dont even know what bosh said

I'm saying, it should be handled on the court.

telling reporters about it makes him look soft.

im chill i just dont understand someone saying im not gonna let people trash talk me is sounding like a [expletive] but whatever..

so...what is so meant to say then?

I'm saying, it should be handled on the court.

telling reporters about it makes him look soft.

did you watch the game?

i think he was handling it on the court.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvDMsQFhJEY&feature=player_embedded

so answering a reporters question makes him soft, mmk?