1. Jose Reyes - SS

2. Angel Pagan - CF/RF

3. David Wright - 3B

4. Carlos Beltran - CF/RF

5. Ike Davis - 1B

6. Jason Bay - LF

7. Josh Thole - C

8. Brad Emaus - 2B

At least our line up is pretty strong, even if our pitching is absolute [expletive]. I'm actually pretty optimistic of the rotation when Johan returns, we get Pelf and Niese, 2 young guys coming into their own, Dickey who was great last year who we resigned to a 2 year deal, then 2 low risk guys who can battle it out for the 5th rotation spot for when Johan returns.

I will not go into how much I despise the Wilpons right now, frankly I'd rather just about that mess, 12 days until Pitchers and Catchers, woot woot.

Edited by fish7718

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I will be at the Mets vs Marlins spring training game next week, I'm in town to see my Cardinals (share facility with Marlins). Anything I need to look for specially at the game?

:lol: Mike Stanton? Nothing really special going on for the Mets right now.

Beltran agreed to move to right field, it was inevitable to happen this year anyway, but it's still a class veteran move to hand Pagan the position. Especially because it would have been awkward to Pagan to take away a players job that he has looked up his whole career.

They need to get Castillo the [expletive] outta town ASAP, Mets fans deserve that at least.

If Olly or Castillo make this team, it's a joke.

Well if either of them make it, I would think they have to earn it. If they make it just because we owe them 19 mil then yeah it's a joke, but if they make it because they have a good spring I'm all for it.

Oliver Perez pitched 2 scoreless today :lol: 2 innings 2 hits NO WALKS 15 strikes 10 balls

Still wasn't throwing very fast and it is only one start, we'll see what happens next time he takes the mound

http://184.72.239.143/mu/a6890a0a-4404-ce2f.jpg

Took this earlier, close game so far. Chris Young actually pitched decent today, but he has little command of his offspeed. Carrasco throws ched.

Sent from Tapatalk

Been to Spring Training about 5 times now. I'm seeing the Cardinals vs Astros tomorrow and Cards vs Marlins Sunday. Excited and adjusting to Eastern time :)

Sent from Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Luis Hernandez to win 2B job? I was hoping Murphy could win it but better Hernandez than Castillo I guess -_- . There was a rumor going around that Johan was out for the year too but I guess that was just a rumor? Oh well this year is over before opening day already :(.

Step 2...I lol'd @ finally

Mets finally release left-hander Oliver Perez

Mets released LHP Oliver Perez.

The move was finally made on Monday morning. Perez entered spring camp this year with his roster spot up in the air and he did nothing to earn himself an extended opportunity, allowing nine earned runs in 9 2/3 innings of Grapefruit League work. The Mets are still on the hook for his remaining $12 million in salary.

Castillo to Phillies lol

Yup. I love the Castillo move for the Phillies btw. 10 day tryout. If he winds up being worse than our other shitty 2B options, he gets released and the Phillies pay him $0. If he shows he is better than Wilson Valdez/Josh Barfield/Pete Orr (likely), he stays for slightly over $400K with the Mets picking up the other $5.5 mil +. At worst, he is cheap depth. Thanks Mets!

But really, I think the Mets should have done this way sooner.

Yup. I love the Castillo move for the Phillies btw. 10 day tryout. If he winds up being worse than our other shitty 2B options, he gets released and the Phillies pay him $0. If he shows he is better than Wilson Valdez/Josh Barfield/Pete Orr (likely), he stays for slightly over $400K with the Mets picking up the other $5.5 mil +. At worst, he is cheap depth. Thanks Mets!

But really, I think the Mets should have done this way sooner.

You'll cut him the first time you see he can't field a ground ball one step to his right so no problem :)