New York Mets 2011

fish7718

I'm not sure on this, but isn't Tulo #1 in NL shortstops? I assume he is, but why the [expletive] isn't Reyes #1?

Reyes will win it, I guarantee it, but if you consider that an all star should be selected based on second half 2010 and first half 2011 Tulo prolly deserves his position in a race with Jose.

Edited by fish7718

Bob Klapisch of The Record reports that early indications are that Jose Reyes' hamstring injury is not serious.

The Mets are holding off making an announcement on Reyes until they receive a second opinion on his MRI, but it sounds like he'll avoid a lengthy absence. Even if the MRI comes back clean, we wouldn't be surprised to see the Mets play it safe and rest Reyes for the remainder of the first half. He's already been ruled out for Monday's game.

Rotoworld

Knowing the Mets he will be out for the year <_<

There's your makeup for the Reyes call the other day :lol:

That's baseball take the good with the bad

Nice win baby loss could have literally killed the team with Reyes getting injured and a sweep but got love the fight of this team, they've done it all year continue to it.

“[sandy Alderson] is now leaning strongly toward authorizing a substantial offer after the season to try to retain [Jose Reyes]…he is now strongly committed to convincing the Wilpons that making a substantial bid for Reyes is vital…”

~ Joel Sherman, New York Post

In addition, Sherman says there’s “almost no way” the Mets trade Reyes before the trade deadline.

Two weeks ago, Sandy Alderson reached out to the agents for Reyes to determine what it might take to retain him, to which they responded they will not negotiate until after the season.

MetsBlog

Best news I've heard in a while :banana: hope it doesn't backfire.

Edited by fish7718

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

77-85

I like how this team is shaping. Terry Collins runs a tight ship and his players play all 9 innings for him. It will be a long offseason no doubt waiting to see whether or not Jose Reyes resigns. On the topic of Jose Reyes .337 BA will win the first batting title in Mets history as long as Braun doesn't go 3-4 or better. Very incredible year for Jose, priority number 1 is to obviously keep him in uniform. I can go on and on all day about what I'm disappointed in and what and I'm not but I think that's obvious. Here's to hoping for brighter skies in 2012! :D

Edited by fish7718

Also a womanly move, I hate it. Oh well. Ted Williams had it right, he was the man..

"Going into the final day of the 1941 season, Ted Williams had a .3996 average. Rounded off to 3-digits, Williams would have been credited with a .400 average. Joe Cronin, Red Sox manager, asked Williams if he wanted to sit out the double-header to clinch the .400 mark. Williams refused, played both games and went 6-for-8 to raise his average to .406."

Also a womanly move, I hate it. Oh well. Ted Williams had it right, he was the man..

"Going into the final day of the 1941 season, Ted Williams had a .3996 average. Rounded off to 3-digits, Williams would have been credited with a .400 average. Joe Cronin, Red Sox manager, asked Williams if he wanted to sit out the double-header to clinch the .400 mark. Williams refused, played both games and went 6-for-8 to raise his average to .406."

lol I've heard that story at least a million times. Nothing is womanly when it comes to money. Winning a batting title gives Jose more leverage in contract talks now and in the future. I didn't agree with it much either, but he earned the right to be the batting champ.

lol I've heard that story at least a million times. Nothing is womanly when it comes to money. Winning a batting title gives Jose more leverage in contract talks now and in the future. I didn't agree with it much either, but he earned the right to be the batting champ.

Disagree. An extra 2 or 3 plate appearances today would have had absolutely no impact on his new contract. None.