Stern selects Love to replace Yao

Real Deal

• Owner

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/allstar2011/news/story?id=6091625

Minnesota Timberwolves center Kevin Love has been selected as the final Western Conference reserve for the Feb. 20 All-Star Game.

NBA commissioner David Stern made the selection Friday.

Love replaces Yao Ming, who is injured and out for the season.

Love is averaging 21.4 points and a league-best 15.5 rebounds and shooting 43.9 percent from 3-point range. He has 34 straight double-doubles but plays for a team with an 11-37 record.

West coach Gregg Popovich will determine who replaces Yao in the starting lineup

WOW.

And they always took the Warriors' record in account when Baron and Monta didn't make it to the all-star game. Thats just some [expletive]ing bull[expletive].

[expletive] Kevin Love, [expletive] David Stern, and [expletive] the NBA.

Edited by Legacy

Nice that's good for him, he deserves it indeed.

Although I personally think that Aldridge would have deserved it more... It's simple basketball is first of all a collective game, a team game. So the thing that matters the most is to make your team win. Love is having a great season but, as great as he is, that doesn't make his team any better, they're even the worst team not named Cavs... While Aldridge's great season (the best of his career so far) surprisingly allows the injured Blazers to be a playoffs team in the Western Conference, which happens to be the best conference. And that is why I would have picked LaMarcus.

But, as I said, Love is having a terrific season indeed and still deserves it so I'm fine with that choice nonetheless.