Rose or Durant

Check my Stats

Depends which guy you need most.. if you already have a good PG that moves the ball around well, has a good shot and makes good assists, you'd take Durant but if you have a bad PG and you already have an alright SF, you take Derrick

You have no one on your team you have the first pick in a fantasy draft.

Durant, but good comparison. With so many great up and coming PG's in the league currently, (and some in the NCAA who will soon make the jump), you gotta go with KD.

Since both of the players do different things, they're going to dominate the game in different ways (assuming they both reach their potential), so really you can only make the judgment on who the better player at the moment (or who shows the biggest level of improvement), and since Durant is one step ahead of Rose IMO in their development, Durant has to be considered the better player at the moment with higher known ceiling. This might change as time wears on, but like I said earlier, this kind of discussion doesn't really favor Rose because his potential is a lot more speculative than that of Durant's.

Can't go against Durant.

Rose is a very compelling pick though because of the fact that he's a star point guard and can run the team, but you just don't find as many talented small forwards that Durant is. Like ABL just posted, there are quite a few other young, good point guards out there that you could get to run your offense, but Durant just has to be picked because of his scoring ability.

It can be argued that Lebron James is a better scorer than he is.

Kevin Durant is only 22, and he's more than likely going to win the scoring title for the second consecutive season. He still doesn't have a post game and is pretty much restricted to scoring off jumpshots. He's very much limited against bigger forwards because he still needs to bulk up, and even with all that he putting up nearly 30 points on a nightly basis. Lebron was no where near as talented of a scorer at Durant's age. You give KD a couple more seasons and he'll easily drop 35 ppg.

Edited by Confidence

Kevin Durant is only 22, and he's more than likely going to win the scoring title for the second consecutive season. He still doesn't have a post game and is pretty much restricted to scoring off jumpshots. He's very much limited against bigger forwards because he still needs to bulk up, and even with all that he putting up nearly 30 points on a nightly basis. Lebron was no where near as talented of a scorer at Durant's age. You give KD a couple more seasons and he'll easily drop 35 ppg.

When Lebron was 21, he averaged 31.4 ppg which would have mad him the youngest scoring champion had Kobe not gone beserk. Back then he was practically no outside game and simply a penetrator. Not only did he score more 7 rebounds and assists along with it, the assists are something Kevin Durant can not brag about yet. The very next year Lebron led his team to the nba finals, at 22. KD has the off-chance of average 35 ppg, which i doubt because the improving talent around him. He still is not the playmaker he should be, and should average more rebounds passed on his large wingspan and the fact that OKC often has no true PF, with Green on the floor and an undersized Kristic playing center.

• Like 1

And, when he's not scoring he's non-existent. That's hardly a "once in a lifetime talent". There are very few "once in a lifetime talents" in the NBA, and Durant is not one of them, yet.

When Lebron was 21, he averaged 31.4 ppg which would have mad him the youngest scoring champion had Kobe not gone beserk. Back then he was practically no outside game and simply a penetrator. Not only did he score more 7 rebounds and assists along with it, the assists are something Kevin Durant can not brag about yet. The very next year Lebron led his team to the nba finals, at 22. KD has the off-chance of average 35 ppg, which i doubt because the improving talent around him. He still is not the playmaker he should be, and should average more rebounds passed on his large wingspan and the fact that OKC often has no true PF, with Green on the floor and an undersized Kristic playing center.

Lebron has always been most effective when he has the ball in his hands, and he basically ran point during his tenure with the Cavs-hence the high assist numbers. The Cavs never really had a traditional pg because that would really limit Lebron's ability to score and playmake. Westbrook is the primary ball handler for the Thunder so you cant expect a whole lot of assists for KD. Their roles are completely different.

I highly doubt Kevin Durant will need to average 35 ppg for the Thunder because the talent is improving around him as you stated. With that said, he certainly will have the capabilities to do that in a couple years.

As for rebounding, I do agree that that is one part of his game that he needs to work on. He has a crazy wingspan but he's too skinny to even occupy space on the block. The weight room will fix that.

durant has actually improved his rebounding as of late his late, last 10 games his at 9pg and last 5games his 11pg

his rebounding in traffic and fighting for them and his getting them on the offensive end to. he still refuses to boxout but whatever.

durant will never be any higher than a 5 assists he just doesn't have it in his game just like melo, he will improve his vision but he wont every reach anything higher than 5 assist ill be surprised if he does.

Durant, but good comparison. With so many great up and coming PG's in the league currently, (and some in the NCAA who will soon make the jump), you gotta go with KD.

My exact thought when I read the topic title. That is why I would go with Durant as well.