Perkins turns down 4yr/30mill extension

AboveLegit

According to two league sources, Perkins has already turned down a Celtics offer that is bound by the CBA’s current restrictions — a contract extension worth slightly less than $30 million over four years, which reflects the currently mandated contract limits of a 20-percent increase and a four-year maximum. Perkins, represented by agent Arn Tellem, has opted to wait until he is an unrestricted free agent, when even in an unpredictable market he has a chance of commanding far more.

Indeed, Perkins’ value is much higher when an underachieving center like Dallas’ Brendan Haywood ($46 million over the next six years) is taken into account

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/basketball/celtics/view.bg?articleid=1314659&srvc=rss&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+bostonherald/sports/basketball/celtics+(Boston+Celtics+-+Celtics+%26+NBA+-+BostonHerald.com

The way I see it the Big Three will be at strength for no more than two more years, so it doesn't give Perk a lot of incentive to stay on a team that's going to be rebuilding real soon. You add that to the fact that he can probably make a lot more money in the open market, I think he made a pretty good decision.

Perkins is playing arguably the hardest position to fill, I guarantee there are plenty of teams out there that are willing to pay him way more than what the Celtics offered. Just off the top of my head the Thunder, Blazers, and Knicks could all use his services.

Edited by Confidence

Believe me, now that the Mavs got Tyson Chandler, no one is going to offer Perkins more money than the Celtics.

I hope you don't mean nobody is going to offer him more than the $7.5M that the Celtics were offering in this contract. If so, I find that highly unlikely. A team like OKC, New York (depending on much they have after signing Melo) and even a team like Toronto would definitely throw him a contract of $8M+ if he is to hit the open market.

Obviously the new CBA will be the biggest factor in how much money he gets, but assuming there aren't any drastic changes, he can easily get more than what the Celtics are offering him here.

Kendrick Perkins told CSNNE.com on Monday that Boston's extension offer made to him was for four years around $22 million.

An earlier report by the Boston Herald cited two unnamed sources that indicated Perkins turned down a contract extension that was for four years and worth slightly less than $30 million.

"That wasn't it. They offered me four years, but it was closer to like $22 million," Perkins said. "You talking four years, $30 million! Shoot, that's different. That's a big difference."

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/210737/Perkins_Offered_$22M_Over_Four_Years_Not_$30M#ixzz1DMnWBPzL

that makes more sense. his worth more than that imo