Knicks Turn Down Deal For Anthony on Monday

The Regime

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/2011/02/15/2011-02-15_carmelo_anthony_available_but_knicks_balk_at_request_for_gallinari_felton_starte.html

Denver wanted Felton, Gallanari, Curry's expiring, another starter, and draft picks for Anthony and Billups. NY said no. Denver is mainly focused on NY and Chicago with Houston and Dallas as possibilities.
Edited by Confidence

do they want him or not, do they expect to get melo for free lol, if so just wait till he is a free agent and take the bron risk and expect him to sign, althought melo is less of a risk since he is clearly obsessed with playin at home in new york

Im siding with NY on this. Felton has played at an all star level. Gallo and Chandler are enough to get this deal done, along with other pieces like expirings and draft picks. Dont gut your whole team just for Melo. Hes not going to sign an extension with anyone else and the Lakers dont want him anymore. The Nuggets arent going to get anything better from elsewhere.

NY would be retarded not to take that deal. And surprise surprise, the Knicks front office is retarded.

/He's signing that extension with the Nuggets.

So retarded the Miami copied our startegy and turned themselves into a power house. You should be thanking the Knicks front office for being the trailblazer in tanking for a FA class.

NY would be retarded not to take that deal. And surprise surprise, the Knicks front office is retarded.

LOL, Knicks front office is retarded?

If they're retarded how did they end up with Toney Douglas, Wilson Chandler, Landry Fields, and others in late parts of the draft who have turned into players who have produced.

Yeah, Miami's front office is so smart.

They signed 3 out of the top 5 picks in the 2003 draft.

They really know how to draft and find players outside the box that other teams wouldn't look for.

Knicks front office > Heat front office

• Like 1

^^Not sure if serious...either of you.

I don't think the Knicks ever dealt Michael Beasley for 2nd's and Donnie Walsh has made 1 bad move since coming in and at the time it was the right move for the team, it just turned out bad in long run.

I don't think the Knicks ever dealt Michael Beasley for 2nd's and Donnie Walsh has made 1 bad move since coming in and at the time it was the right move for the team, it just turned out bad in long run.

We traded Beasley for 2nd's to make space for these guys:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_p-z7v-UCfEg/TQw1Rhf-byI/AAAAAAAAADA/K7qUgSc3BXc/s1600/miami-heat-big-3.jpeg

I think we made it out ok in that deal.

The Heat also had nothing to do with this thread until you 2 brought them into it. Fact is, the Knicks front office has been a joke for the past decade, and I don't think you guys can disagree with that.

We traded Beasley for 2nd's to make space for these guys:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_p-z7v-UCfEg/TQw1Rhf-byI/AAAAAAAAADA/K7qUgSc3BXc/s1600/miami-heat-big-3.jpeg

I think we made it out ok in that deal.

The Heat also had nothing to do with this thread until you 2 brought them into it. Fact is, the Knicks front office has been a joke for the past decade, and I don't think you guys can disagree with that.

and if the Knicks had the same front office for the past decade that would have relevance to thread.

and if the Knicks had the same front office for the past decade that would have relevance to thread.

Well this is the same front office who put all their eggs into the LBJ basket even though it was known for a good year in advance that he wasn't going there.

The fact is, they should've jumped at this deal when it was on the table. Your front office is falling in love with average players that you can find throughout the league and could possibly be blowing their chance at him.

You have to jump on a deal like that when its on the table.

Well this is the same front office who put all their eggs into the LBJ basket even though it was known for a good year in advance that he wasn't going there.

The fact is, they should've jumped at this deal when it was on the table. Your front office is falling in love with average players that you can find throughout the league and could possibly be blowing their chance at him.

You have to jump on a deal like that when its on the table.

Jumping on a deal like this is exactly how you destroy a team. The Knicks have a nice young core and there's no reason to go ruining it with rash movies. I'm sure Donnie is just grinding it out to see what is the best offer he can get and if he wants it he will take it.

Lol yeah because everyone knew LeBron was going to Miami back in 2009, I totally forgot about. Shut up seriously, NY was a serious contender for LeBron going into 2010 FA, Miami did the same exact thing that we did so I don't see how you have any room to criticize NY for not blowing up their franchise again for 1 player.

Jumping on a deal like this is exactly how you destroy a team. The Knicks have a nice young core and there's no reason to go ruining it with rash movies. I'm sure Donnie is just grinding it out to see what is the best offer he can get and if he wants it he will take it.

Lol yeah because everyone knew LeBron was going to Miami back in 2009, I totally forgot about. Shut up seriously, NY was a serious contender for LeBron going into 2010 FA, Miami did the same exact thing that we did so I don't see how you have any room to criticize NY for not blowing up their franchise again for 1 player.

NY was never a contender like their fans thought they were. The NY media made them think they were. Anyone who was looking from the outside knew he wasn't going there. Miami was never an option until we signed both Wade and Bosh and still had enough room to sign him.

Miami blew up their roster because they knew they could re-sign Wade and then sign another star in Bosh. LBJ was the icing on the cake for us.

The deals that we made left us in a much better position than NY's did, that IMO is undeniable. Is it really asking that much losing players that are a dime a dozen in today's NBA in order to get a premier player?

We've seen in recent years that the whole build around the young core method doesn't exactly equal a championship. Look a the Lakers, Celtics and Heat. All 3 are elite teams and their teams weren't built around a young cores that they drafted and developed. The Spurs are the exception to that rule recently.

That's a great deal for you guys. We've seen how stingy Denver has been with their demands in regards to Melo and if that's all they were asking for..then you have to make the deal.

Three starters, a 1st, and a massive expiring. All good, young building blocks. "That's all"?

We want to build a true contender, not an annual 2nd round exit. They will get him at a lesser price, in FA, or not at all.

Why pay Denver's demands two weeks before the deadline when Melo's agent is telling all teams he won't extend there and we (seemingly) hold the best Melo poker hand in the league?

Cmon Flash, really showing your homerism. Donnie Walsh is one of the best basketball minds in the NBA....Just as Riley is. Let's stop with the biased comments here.

Cmon Flash, really showing your homerism. Donnie Walsh is one of the best basketball minds in the NBA....Just as Riley is. Let's stop with the biased comments here.

I just think missing out on a deal like that because you don't want to give up some regular NBA role players is a bad move and something that the previous regime would do.

You must have just started watching the NBA recently, I'll leave it at that. Marbury was an elite player in the league for a long time.

Lol, trust me I know how good Marbury was. But he's not even in the same league as Carmelo Anthony and that's not even debatable.