How many superstars are there in the league?

The Regime

No, they are very good players, and amonst the leagues best, but if you're calling them superstars, you have the easiest definition of a superstar I've ever seen. We might as well throw Michael Olokowandi, Marcus Fizer, and Kwame Brown on the list. :lol: .

Kobe, LeBron, and Wade.

/Correct answer.

You just continue to throw out these random statements without backing them up at all. Come back to me when you have a legit argument to use...or when you actually see them play on a consistent basis.

You just continue to throw out these random statements without backing them up at all. Come back to me when you have a legit argument to use...or when you actually see them play on a consistent basis.

I'm sorry you have a terrible definaiton of what a superstar is, and I feel for you. You watch the [expletive]ing Wizards who are a bunch of scrubs, so anybody half decent looks like a HOF"ER to you. :lol: .

No, they are very good players, and amonst the leagues best, but if you're calling them superstars, you have the easiest definition of a superstar I've ever seen. We might as well throw Michael Olokowandi, Marcus Fizer, and Kwame Brown on the list. :lol: .

You just compared Michael Olowokandi, Marcus Fizer, and Kwame Brown to Chris Paul, Deron Williams, Dirk Nowitzki, Kevin Durant, and Dwight Howard.

My sweet Jesus you are an ignorant sack of idiocy.

You just compared Michael Olowokandi, Marcus Fizer, and Kwame Brown to Chris Paul, Deron Williams, Dirk Nowitzki, Kevin Durant, and Dwight Howard.

My sweet Jesus you are an ignorant sack of idiocy.

And, you idiots are putting D12, CP3, Dirk, ect., on the same level as Kobe Bryant, Dwayne Wade, and LeBron James, when they aren't even in their league.

That's more absurd.

And, you idiots are putting D12, CP3, Dirk, ect., on the same level as Kobe Bryant, Dwayne Wade, and LeBron James, when they aren't even in their league.

That's more absurd.

Dwight Howard is averaging 26 and 13 since the Gortat trade, he isn't close to LeBron or Dwyane in skill or numbers?

Dwight Howard is averaging 26 and 13 since the Gortat trade, he isn't close to LeBron or Dwyane in skill or numbers?

He has the numbers, but he doesn't have the instinct and ability to take over the game like those two players do. I think there are VERY FEW superstars in every sport. I'd put D12 in the 2nd tier below the three I named.

He has the numbers, but he doesn't have the instinct and ability to take over the game like those two players do. I think there are VERY FEW superstars in every sport. I'd put D12 in the 2nd tier below the three I named.

Dwight can't really take over though as a Center.

He is forced to post-up and wait till he gets fed the ball.

I'm not saying he needs to learn how to dribble and isolate like LeBron, Wade, or Kobe, but you have to respect Dwight's game as well.

He has really gotten a LOT better at his post moves, and he is a better defender than LeBron, Wade, or Kobe.

Offense isn't the only part of basketball overall.

That's more absurd.

More absurd?

So you're saying that Dwight, Paul, Dirk are closer to Fizer, Olowokandi, and Kwame than Bryant, Wade, LBJ?

I know that you don't watch basketball, but wow... You are way, way off base.

• Owner

As I was saying earlier, the Magic would be one of the worst defensive teams in the NBA without him. With him, they have been able to creep up on 60 wins over the last few years.

In fact, Howard is the best defensive player since Dennis Rodman...and the only reason why Rodman wasn't a superstar is because he was horrible with the ball, and you couldn't build a team around him.

Orlando has built a Finals team around Howard. His defense does far more than given credit for.

As I was saying earlier, the Magic would be one of the worst defensive teams in the NBA without him. With him, they have been able to creep up on 60 wins over the last few years.

In fact, Howard is the best defensive player since Dennis Rodman...and the only reason why Rodman wasn't a superstar is because he was horrible with the ball, and you couldn't build a team around him.

Orlando has built a Finals team around Howard. His defense does far more than given credit for.

I think that is a bit of a stretch when you have had guys like Shaq, Ben Wallace, Tim Duncan, Kevin Garnett, etc in the gap between Rodman and Howard. And those are only big men, not some of the premiere on-ball defenders that have emerged over the past decade.

Edited by Lkr

I think that is a bit of a stretch when you have had guys like Shaq, Ben Wallace, Tim Duncan, Kevin Garnett, etc in the gap between Rodman and Howard. And those are only big men, not some of the premiere on-ball defenders that have emerged over the past decade.

Shaq wasn't exactly a great defender by any means.

In fact, in Phil Jackson's book he complained how Shaq would play defense when Shaq wanted to play defense.

Great defenders play defense all the time, and Shaq doesn't do this so he shouldn't be considered a great defender.

Shaq wasn't exactly a great defender by any means.

In fact, in Phil Jackson's book he complained how Shaq would play defense when Shaq wanted to play defense.

Great defenders play defense all the time, and Shaq doesn't do this so he shouldn't be considered a great defender.

Shaq's laziness shouldn't discount him. The fact is that when he wanted to defend he was probably one of the best defensive players on the floor.

• Owner

Shaq's laziness shouldn't discount him. The fact is that when he wanted to defend he was probably one of the best defensive players on the floor.

I can't agree with that. When Kobe wants to lock someone up, or be an excellent help defender, he can do it. I can't put Shaq in that boat, though, because in pick and roll situations, Shaq was one of the worst at defending them in NBA history...didn't matter if he wanted to or not.

Dwight's a superstar. he led his team to the finals a couple years ago, he's easily one of the best defensive players in the game, he's a terrific rebounder/shot blocker, he's well above average on the offensive end, and he's the best player in the league at his position.

N/A, it seems you think Dwight's a superstar, but not LeBron.

I'd like to hear an explanation as to why you think that's so.

what exactly does amare offer to his team besides offense?

blocking. he's top five in the league in blocks and points.

Dwight's a superstar. he led his team to the finals a couple years ago, he's easily one of the best defensive players in the game, he's a terrific rebounder/shot blocker, he's well above average on the offensive end, and he's the best player in the league at his position.

N/A, it seems you think Dwight's a superstar, but not LeBron.

I'd like to hear an explanation as to why you think that's so.

blocking. he's top five in the league in blocks and points.

I never said Dwight was a superstar, I said he is on LeBron and Wade's level though.

This is just my opinion, but being a superstar requires 3 things...

1. Skill

2. Championship

3. Marketability

LeBron and Dwight have the skill and the marketability, but they don't have a championship...

Edited by N/A

I consider a superstar as a player who I can up to a random person at school, say their name, and that person will have heard of them and know they are a basketball player.

that doesn't make a player a superstar - it makes them popular.

living in SoCal, the land of half-ass Laker fans, most people I ask would say they'd heard of Derek Fisher.

I never said Dwight was a superstar, I said he is on LeBron and Wade's level though.

This is just my opinion, but being a superstar requires 3 things...

1. Skill

2. Championship

3. Marketability

LeBron and Dwight have the skill and the marketability, but they don't have a championship...

so by your definition of superstar, none of these players have ever been superstars at any point in their career:

• Steve Nash
  • Reggie Miller
  • Tracy McGrady
  • Allen Iverson
  • Elgin Baylor
  • Charles Barkley
  • John Stockton
  • Dirk Nowitzki
  • Jason Kidd
  • Patrick Ewing
  • Charles Barkley
  • Karl Malone

and I guess KG, Paul Pierce, and Ray Allen were never superstars before a couple years ago.

lol alright, bro.

More absurd?

So you're saying that Dwight, Paul, Dirk are closer to Fizer, Olowokandi, and Kwame than Bryant, Wade, LBJ?

I know that you don't watch basketball, but wow... You are way, way off base.

I watch plenty. I'm not the person who will say Amare is terrible on day, and then claim he's pretty much the GOAT the next day. :lol: .

The real idiots are the ones that won't give up Raymond Felton in a deal for Melo. :lol: :lol: :lol: .

/convo with clueless person.

that doesn't make a player a superstar - it makes them popular.

living in SoCal, the land of half-ass Laker fans, most people I ask would say they'd heard of Derek Fisher.

so by your definition of superstar, none of these players have ever been superstars at any point in their career:

• Steve Nash
  • Reggie Miller
  • Tracy McGrady
  • Allen Iverson
  • Elgin Baylor
  • Charles Barkley
  • John Stockton
  • Dirk Nowitzki
  • Jason Kidd
  • Patrick Ewing
  • Charles Barkley
  • Karl Malone

and I guess KG, Paul Pierce, and Ray Allen were never superstars before a couple years ago.

lol alright, bro.

You're wrong my friend, KG, Paul Pierce, and Ray Allen didn't have the skill or the marketability to be Superstars.

You have to have all of three to be a superstar otherwise you aren't.

Also, all of the players you listed above were never superstars, just stars.