How many superstars are there in the league?

The Regime

I completely see where you are coming from but to me I dont see how DWill and say LeBron can be put in the same category.

by both being top ten players in the league. ;)

Given that DWill is good but he still isnt LeBron status yet.

nobody's 'LeBron status' lol. James is the best player in the world. he's won the last two MVP's and he deserves it again this year. he has the title of being the best in the game, but he's also categorized with all the other superstars.

I also dont believe that there are 10 superstars in the league, it sorta makes the superstar term less meaningful in a way.

really? ten isn't many at all. there's 30 teams in the league, each team has a 12 man roster. that means that out of over 350 players, only 10 get that title. that's only 1/36 of the NBA being recognized as superstars.

Some of you are extremely funny. Most of you posting in here have claimed that Chris Paul is a superstar and by far the best PG in the NBA. Now, after listening to me for years, you finally realize he's over-rated.

Also, please, do not ever put D12 in the same list as Kobe, LeBron, and Wade. Never, ever, ever do that.

Durant is a purely offensive player, and offers little to nothing else to his team, but his offense is very good.

Kobe(He's falling off this list, but will see how he plays come playoff time)

LeBron

Wade

Amare

Some of you are extremely funny. Most of you posting in here have claimed that Chris Paul is a superstar and by far the best PG in the NBA. Now, after listening to me for years, you finally realize he's over-rated.

Also, please, do not ever put D12 in the same list as Kobe, LeBron, and Wade. Never, ever, ever do that.

Durant is a purely offensive player, and offers little to nothing else to his team, but his offense is very good.

Kobe(He's falling off this list, but will see how he plays come playoff time)

LeBron

Wade

Amare

:lol: what exactly does amare offer to his team besides offense?

So T-Mac wasn't a superstar all those years in Orlando? GTFOH playoff series wins hardly make you a superstar. If so, then crown Derek Fisher.

Also, rofl @ CP3 being overrated.

Derek Fisher never led his team though. TMac is a tough argument though. He never had any teammates in Orlando, unless you count a one legged Grant Hill.

• Owner

...I'm not sure who all is trolling, or being serious.

Kobe, LeBron, Wade - perennial superstar, can give you big numbers every night and still drop big games, has the killer instinct and is a leader

Melo and Durant - same as the guys above, but less defense and playmaking...could be better scorers than those above, though

Rose and CP3 - can score and are efficient, CP3 is an excellent defender and Rose has improved, CP3 is an exceptional playmaker and Rose is getting there

Howard - Orlando becomes a bottom three team in total defense without him, and he's still a 20-25 PPG scorer with high efficiency, and commands doubles

For me, 'superstars' dominate every facet of the game; offense, defense, everything runs through, begins and ends, with them. Players like Durant, Melo, they are too one dimensional for me to consider them superstars. Sure, they are dominant offensively, they control the game through their scoring, but that's where it ends. Durant goes 6/24 from the field and then what? What else does he bring to the table that helps his team win the game? Guys like LBJ, Kobe, these guys can get you 10+ assists, can go and grab you a ton of boards, they can actually defensively affect entire offenses as wings at times, which is pretty special. You don't run your entire team through a Kevin Durant or a Carmelo Anthony, at least not the same way you do a LeBron James, Kobe Bryant, Tracy McGrady (didn't read the entire thread yet but it seems people don't think he was a superstar? lol....).

Kobe Bryant, Dwight Howard, LeBron James and Dwyane Wade are the only guys I currently consider 'superstars'. Derrick Rose is extremely close right now too and Chris Paul 2 years ago was a superstar, I don't really know if I consider him one right now, he isn't scoring at the same rate he usually does, dude is just having a down year.

Edited by Check my Stats

Superstars are created by the media through their feats and accomplishments. They are blown up to be Gods on the court and unreal people.

Superstardom is intangible and doesn't have much to do with numbers as it does with perception. Vince Carter might not have been a top 15 player in the league but he was a superstar. Dwight Howard might not have been a better center than Yao Ming, but Yao would be considered a superstar before Dwight. Pierce probably wouldn't be considered a superstar even though he's won a title but Nash and Nowitzki have enough of a captivated audience that they are superstars despite coming up short of a championship.

That being said, my list is pretty short:

Kobe

LeBron

Wade

Rose

Paul

D-Will

Melo

Dirk

Durant

Howard

Amare

I think you guys are looking at this word in the wrong way. There's a differences between a Superstar and a Super-dominant player. I know we don't normally throw around the term "super dominant" but it's the most accurate description of an elite player. Kobe, LeBron, Wade, Howard, D-Will, and CP3 are the only super-dominant players in the league now because they absolutely control the pace of a game. All of them are absolutely great players on both ends of the court, and have very little holes in their game.

...I'm not sure who all is trolling, or being serious.

Kobe, LeBron, Wade - perennial superstar, can give you big numbers every night and still drop big games, has the killer instinct and is a leader

Melo and Durant - same as the guys above, but less defense and playmaking...could be better scorers than those above, though

Rose and CP3 - can score and are efficient, CP3 is an excellent defender and Rose has improved, CP3 is an exceptional playmaker and Rose is getting there

Howard - Orlando becomes a bottom three team in total defense without him, and he's still a 20-25 PPG scorer with high efficiency, and commands doubles

I would put Deron Williams in the Rose and Paul category.

I consider a superstar as a player who I can up to a random person at school, say their name, and that person will have heard of them and know they are a basketball player.

If that's the case I just asked 5 random people I work with if they know who Dirk, CP3, Deron Williams, and Carmelo Anthony are.

Nobody knew who Chris Paul or Deron Williams was. 2 people have never heard of Dirk, and 1 person has never heard of any of them. Then again Basketball is not popular with this group of people lol.

Superstars are created by the media through their feats and accomplishments. They are blown up to be Gods on the court and unreal people.

Superstardom is intangible and doesn't have much to do with numbers as it does with perception. Vince Carter might not have been a top 15 player in the league but he was a superstar. Dwight Howard might not have been a better center than Yao Ming, but Yao would be considered a superstar before Dwight. Pierce probably wouldn't be considered a superstar even though he's won a title but Nash and Nowitzki have enough of a captivated audience that they are superstars despite coming up short of a championship.

That being said, my list is pretty short:

Kobe

LeBron

Wade

Rose

Paul

D-Will

Melo

Dirk

Durant

Howard

Amare

I think you guys are looking at this word in the wrong way. There's a differences between a Superstar and a Super-dominant player. I know we don't normally throw around the term "super dominant" but it's the most accurate description of an elite player. Kobe, LeBron, Wade, Howard, D-Will, and CP3 are the only super-dominant players in the league now because they absolutely control the pace of a game. All of them are absolutely great players on both ends of the court, and have very little holes in their game.

You call that a short list of super-stars? Get Paul, D-Will, Dirk, Durant, and Howard the hell off of that list.