How many superstars are there in the league?

The Regime

By my criteria the current superstars in the league are-Kobe Bryant, Lebron James, Dwayne Wade, Dwight Howard, Dirk Nowitzki, and Carmelo Anthony. These guys don't only stuff the stat sheet, but they are able to single handedly dominate games offensively and/or defensively. They have that "killer instinct" and "it" factor, which gives them an edge over opposing players. In addition they all have postseason success and have carried their respective teams deep into the playoffs or have won one or more championships.

Derrick Rose, Kevin Durant, Chris Paul, and Deron Williams and are all second tier stars and are right on the brink of becoming superstars. The reason why I don't have them in the same category as the other guys is because they either don't have the "takeover ability" (offensive or defense) or they have very little playoff experience/success.

Third tier- Steve Nash, Blake Griffin, Amare Stoudemire, Paul Pierce, and Kevin Garnett

If LBJ is a superstar so is Durant, sorry it's the truth. LBJ is really overrated, lemme drive to the hole and just bump into someone! cmon now, show some skill baby.

:lol: no. LBJ is a step better than Durant.

Fixed <_<

CP3 really?

EDIT: Durant is good but not in the superstar category yet.

Edited by ChosenOne

LBJ is on an entirely different planet than Durrant. LBJ can dominate both sides of the court as Durant simply cannot. LBJ is the best player in the world right now and the stats and record show it.

And as for cp3 I don't think he's quite there yet Melo's better at this point.

Edited by Abro

LBJ is on an entirely different planet than Durrant. LBJ can dominate both sides of the court as Durrant simply cannot. LBJ is the best player in the world right now and the stats and record show it.

Ya I guess behind the back blocks = dominating on defense :lol:

Durant is just as good an on ball defender as LeBron, maybe even better because he can really both people with his huge wing span

LBJ is on an entirely different planet than Durrant. LBJ can dominate both sides of the court as Durrant simply cannot. LBJ is the best player in the world right now and the stats and record show it.

I'd put LeBron in there instead of any of those players! have you seen him this year?! This guy has been even worse than his first seven years in the NBA goes to show how bad this guy is.. He's garbage on the defensive end.

Chris Bosh?

:lol:

Ya I guess behind the back blocks = dominating on defense :lol:

Durant is just as good an on ball defender as LeBron, maybe even better because he can really both people with his huge wing span

Sorry, but there is more to defense than playing on the ball.

Edited by ChosenOne

13 PPG? :huh:

All of those guys are proven first tier superstars in the league.

Carmelo, what, hasn't been past the first round yet? Durant still has a little bit left to go before he's a first tier guy. Chris Paul and Deron Williams can be and same with Dwight once he develops his offensive game completely.

All of those guys are proven first tier superstars in the league.

Carmelo, what, hasn't been past the first round yet? Durant still has a little bit left to go before he's a first tier guy. Chris Paul and Deron Williams can be and same with Dwight once he develops his offensive game completely.

Nuggets got to the Western Conference Finals in 09.