How many superstars are there in the league?

The Regime

Rose is a superstar, he has the killer instinct/mentality that kobe has, huge part of the bulls success, and is a legit top candidate for league mvp this season. How can he not be considered a superstar? Also i find chris paul very overrated.

Don't crown someone who has yet to emerge out of the first round. loltmac

Don't crown someone who has yet to emerge out of the first round. loltmac

Sorry I fail to see the difference between a first round exit or a conference exit, if you dont win a ring who cares. Rose has that ability though, this is a special season and I see special things to come for rose in da future. Its only his third year.

Sorry I fail to see the difference between a first round exit or a conference exit, if you dont win a ring who cares. Rose has that ability though, this is a special season and I see special things to come for rose in da future. Its only his third year.

Yes, he'll be a top player in the future. Doesn't make him a superstar yet, like Blake Griffin.

• Like 1

If LBJ is a superstar so is Durant, sorry it's the truth. LBJ is really overrated, lemme drive to the hole and just bump into someone! cmon now, show some skill baby.

you can't knock the guy if it works. besides, LeBron does a lot more than just penetrate. he can pass as well as any forward in the league, he can post up, he can shoot from outside, he can rebound, and he's one of the better defenders in the game.

Yes but at this point Dirk is still much more of a star than Durant is.

how?

Playoff series = stars?

I guess Robert Horry is a huge star

Playoff wins certainly plays a role as to how you are perceived as a player. Robert Horry was never a star to begin with, he just made a name for himself by hitting timely shots. Superstars are recognized for their play in the regular season and the postseason, but they build their legacy in the playoffs.

Let's decipher between team accomplishments and players talent though, k? When Rose has had to play the Celtics do you actually expect him to win? When Durant has played the Lakers do you really expect him to win?

Edited by fish7718

Durant has 0 playoff series wins...

because he's only been in the league for a few years.

I don't think you necessarily need to win in the playoffs to be considered a superstar. I mean, it certainly helps and it gets you a lot more recognition, but what about Kobe those years the Lakers got knocked out in the first round? was he not a superstar those years?

because he's only been in the league for a few years.

I don't think you necessarily need to win in the playoffs to be considered a superstar. I mean, it certainly helps and it gets you a lot more recognition, but what about Kobe those years the Lakers got knocked out in the first round? was he not a superstar those years?

Kobe wasn't a Superstar till he wore his first ring.

Dirk isn't a Superstar either.

Superstars...

Kobe

Wade

http://i509.photobucket.com/albums/s332/oceancurrents/__009wtf.gif

I don't even know what to say.

LeBron is a very big star, but he's not super yet.

He needs to win a ring to achieve super status.

how?

He has been in the league for over 12 years now, he has reached the finals, he has made the playoffs i believe every years he has been in the league, he is huge internationally, and at age 33 he still puts on a show every night. Durant is a up and coming superstar but right now is not there yet imo.

for me, it's very simple. the top 10 players in the league are the superstars and the 25 below them (top five at each position) are the stars.

so, in my opinion, the superstars are:

Kobe, LeBron, Wade, Melo, Rose, Durant, Paul, Amare, Howard, D-Will.

call me crazy, but Dirk is just a star anymore. although, he's about as close to a superstar as it gets.

for me, it's very simple. the top 10 players in the league are the superstars and the 25 below them (top five at each position) are the stars.

so, in my opinion, the superstars are:

Kobe, LeBron, Wade, Melo, Rose, Durant, Paul, Amare, Howard, D-Will.

call me crazy, but Dirk is just a star anymore. although, he's about as close to a superstar as it gets.

I completely see where you are coming from but to me I dont see how DWill and say LeBron can be put in the same category. Given that DWill is good but he still isnt LeBron status yet. I also dont believe that there are 10 superstars in the league, it sorta makes the superstar term less meaningful in a way.