Carmelo Anthony officially a New York Knick

Guest N/A

Carmelo Anthony Traded To Knicks

Feb 21, 2011 22:11 PM EST

http://www.realgm.com/images/nba/4.2/wiretap/photos/2006/Anthony_Carmelo_den_110201.jpg

Carmelo Anthony has been traded to the Knicks, according to a sources that spoke to the Denver Post and New York Daily News.

New York will give up Raymond Felton, Danilo Gallinari, Wilson Chandler, Timofey Mozgov, Anthony Randolph, Eddy Curry's expiring contract, their own first round pick in 2014, Golden State's second round picks in 2012 and 2013, and $3 million in cash.

Randolph and Curry will go to Minnesota.

Corey Brewer is also expected to be traded to the Nuggets.

Going to the Knicks with Anthony will be Chauncey Billups, Shelden Williams, Anthony Carter and Renaldo Balkman.

ViaDenver Post

Read more:http://basketball.re...s#ixzz1EexgsbQa

Edited by N/A

The Carmelo Anthony trade saga is finally over.

The Nuggets traded Melo to the New York Knicks tonight, a league source said. Denver gets Wilson Chandler, Raymond Felton, Danilo Gallinari, Timofey Mozgov, the Knicks 2014 first-round draft pick, the Warriors' 2012 second-round pick, the Warriors' 2013 second-round pick and $3 million in cash.

Anthony will go to New York, along with Chauncey Billups, Shelden Williams, Anthony Carter and Renaldo Balkman.

Anthony was not at the Nuggets' practice as the team resumed workouts following the All-Star break.

Read more: Carmelo Anthony traded to New York Knicks - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/nuggets/ci_17443219#ixzz1EecVgwFK

Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

Knicks gave up too many players IMO, I still stand by what I said earlier, they should have just gotten him over the summer. They are giving up some quality talent right there. Good move for the Nuggets. Knicks are still where they were before Melo, the fifth best team in the East (yes I know the Hawks are technically the fifth best, but I believe NY is better come playoff time).

Something has to be off, then. No way we're giving our four starters, a 2014 first, two 2nds, AND trading Randolph and Curry to Minny... RIGHT??

No idea, nothing is finalized till tomorrow apparently.

SpearsNBAYahoo Marc J. Spears

Y! Sports: NY: Melo, CB, Balkman, Williams, Carter; DEN: Gallo, Mosgov, Felton, Chandler, '14 NY 1st & 2 2nds; Minn: Randolph and Curry.

http://twitter.com/#!/SpearsNBAYahoo/status/39888578427355137

lol holy shit... I knew this was going to be bad...

C Turiaf

PF Amar'e

SF Melo

SG Fields

PG Billups

Douglas

Williams

Walker

Azubuike

Carter

Mason

Balkman

Williams

Rautins

Barron? FA

That's pretty weak depth and a PG and C I wouldn't want running in a D'Antoni offense. Better pray to the Gods of jelly that we can attract some nice shit in the offseason... Yikes.

Azubuike is a great 6th man if he ever gets healthy, we are not that bad depth wise tbh, we are bad but it's not like we are [expletive], D'antoni runs with shallow rotations anyway.

Turiaf

Amar'e

Melo

Fields

Billups

Douglas

Williams

Azibuike

I expect that to be our rotation come play off time this year, maybe Shelden Williams can work his win into the rotation too.

lol holy shit... I knew this was going to be bad...

C Turiaf

PF Amar'e

SF Melo

SG Fields

PG Billups

Douglas

Williams

Walker

Azubuike

Carter

Mason

Balkman

Williams

Rautins

Barron? FA

That's pretty weak depth and a PG and C I wouldn't want running in a D'Antoni offense. Better pray to the Gods of jelly that we can attract some nice shit in the offseason... Yikes.

Cap status? Will there be anything left with Melo + Amar'e on max deals along with Billups?

Donnie Walsh has become the punching bag of the NBA, first last year's deal with Houston and now this.

Sounds like you're mad those picks you got from us aren't going to land you shit. That deal last year doesn't look so bad right now, enjoy Jordan Hill.

Sounds like you're mad those picks you got from us aren't going to land you shit. That deal last year doesn't look so bad right now, enjoy Jordan Hill.

Am I disappointed that those picks won't be as good as we first thought so? Yes, but mad? Nah.

Jordan Hill + 15-20 first round in deep 2012 draft is a fine trade to me.