Carmelo Anthony officially a New York Knick

Guest N/A

Billups' 11/12 is a team option, which I'm sure won't be picked up if he doesn't mesh here. idk, my brain is on overload from all of this.

Didn't know that, with Curry and Billups' contracts off the books there might be some wiggle room.

Didn't Earl Barron agree to sign with Knicks after trade deadline? I remember reading a report on that a few weeks ago.

Interesting Tweet from Woj:

WojYahooNBA

Donnie Walsh ally says of steep price paid for Melo: "This is all Dolan. All Isiah. All (Worldwide) Wes and Leon Rose..."

3 minutes ago via web

Also, Ujiri did a great job managing all of this. His experience with Bosh in Toronto last season really paid off as he played the Knicks like a fiddle. I find it funny how everybody was hating on him all season long for the way that he has handled this situation. I really like the way that he went about this whole situation and he came away with an awesome deal (not as good as the Nets deal, but Melo was never going there in the first place), that saw the Knicks cave to every demand.

(assuming he wasn't overruled by the owner and was still the main guy).

Edited by Built Ford Tough

Looks like Amare will be playing more and more at the C and Melo will have to get used to defending some PF's throughout the game. They were already weak to begin with at the 5, they have no depth now.

I can't describe to you all how stupid this deal is for the Knicks. They couldn't wait 5 months? They got a long way to go before they can even dream of beating the Celtics or Heat.

Wait...did the T Wolves really just trade a top 5 lotto pick, and Corey Brewer who was drafted 6th I believe, for AR and Curry?

No Wolves traded just Brewer for Randolph/Curry, no picks.

Looks like Amare will be playing more and more at the C and Melo will have to get used to defending some PF's throughout the game. They were already weak to begin with at the 5, they have no depth now.

I can't describe to you all how stupid this deal is for the Knicks. They couldn't wait 5 months? They got a long way to go before they can even dream of beating the Celtics or Heat.

Yeah...basically 2012. If they get cp3 or d will they basically are as good as MIA and BOS will be too old by then.......

Edited by JYD

Ok, that makes sense. Thanks Dash! Won't mind a defensive guy running the floor at the 3.

Brewer is inconsistent as hell, had a decent season last year but then had another down year again. A tad overrated defensively sometimes but he works hard and maybe a change of scenery will give him the boost he needs. Certainly doesn't hurt the Knicks at all for taking him for half a season especially after losing all that depth.

Billups' 11/12 is a team option, which I'm sure won't be picked up if he doesn't mesh here. idk, my brain is on overload from all of this.

SpearsNBAYahoo

Quietly, new NYK G Chauncey Billups got paid as he is expected to get $14 million salary '11-'12 and won't be bought out, source tells Y!