Carmelo Anthony officially a New York Knick

Guest N/A

Yeah...basically 2012. If they get cp3 or d will they basically are as good as MIA and BOS will be too old by then.......

Melo and Amare are making close to how much the Heat trio are making..explain to me how the Knicks manage to sign Paul or Williams.. They gave up virtually every trade asset they have, and will have a much tougher time building a supporting cast around their duo than the Heat.

So I just got off the phone with my buddy that lives in Queens and is a HUGE Knicks fan and he said that they had to do this trade pretty much. If they didn't then Walsh and Dolan would have gotten killed if they were out in public. They have been waiting on this trade all season, but I just don't see how this favors them. I did the trade machine on ESPN and the Knicks are projected to lose a win.

With a shitty starting lineup of:

C- Turiaf

PF- Amare

SF- Melo

SG- Fields

PG- Billups

6th Man- Brewer

Who is going to grab rebounds against Perkins, Dwight, Horford, Noah, and even Haslem for that matter. This makes no sense when they could have just waited the season out and got Melo as a Free Agent and they would have had:

C- Mozgov

PF- Amare

SF- Melo

SG- Chandler/Fields

PG- Felton

6th Man- Gallo

I think its worth it no matter who you have to give up, if youre the Knicks. You can find Raymond Feltons, Gallinaris, and Chandlers across the league. Melo is in a class of his own, players like him do not come around often. You can easily build around Melo and Amare, thats a superstar tandem. Melo + Amare + the draw of New York = free agents wanting to go there.

As for Dantoni, well youre not gonna win anything with him as your head coach. Just gotta get a new coach and the Knicks will be a contender. :lol:

Edited by kingfish
  • Like 1

So I just got off the phone with my buddy that lives in Queens and is a HUGE Knicks fan and he said that they had to do this trade pretty much. If they didn't then Walsh and Dolan would have gotten killed if they were out in public. They have been waiting on this trade all season, but I just don't see how this favors them. I did the trade machine on ESPN and the Knicks are projected to lose a win.

With a shitty starting lineup of:

C- Turiaf

PF- Amare

SF- Melo

SG- Fields

PG- Billups

6th Man- Brewer

Who is going to grab rebounds against Perkins, Dwight, Horford, Noah, and even Haslem for that matter. This makes no sense when they could have just waited the season out and got Melo as a Free Agent and they would have had:

C- Mozgov

PF- Amare

SF- Melo

SG- Chandler/Fields

PG- Felton

6th Man- Gallo

Shitty? It's a good thing you don't grab rebounds as an individual but as a team. BTW, we got better at rebounding through this deal Melo > Chandler it terms of rebounding. So idk how rebounding factors into this.

I like this deal, Gallo is my boy, Mozgov is sexy internationale... :)

Chandler, Felton, can be flipped for draft picks for all I care.

Welcome to Denver, Gallo, Mozgov!

[expletive] Melo. :)

I don't know what you're talking about, this is all still just a smokescreen by Prokhorov, Melo is going to New Jersey.

• Like 1

Did you not adamantly say that Favors was going to Denver, you got a lot of crow to eat before you can post. Then you have the nerve to say your happy? :lol:

Chandler and Felton are the best parts of the deal and you wanna flip them for draft picks? :lol:

Edited by kingfish

• Owner

Denver was going to deal Melo before the deadline, no matter what. If it meant him to New Jersey, they would've done it. They would've taken Bynum, too.

And Melo was going to accept it. There's no way he would NOT sign that extension, as long as it was a big market team with potential to contend. Waiting until the off-season...it would be different if this were February 2010. With the uncertainty of the new CBA, he wouldn't have risked it, and New York knew this had to be done.

Denver was going to deal Melo before the deadline, no matter what. If it meant him to New Jersey, they would've done it. They would've taken Bynum, too.

And Melo was going to accept it. There's no way he would NOT sign that extension, as long as it was a big market team with potential to contend. Waiting until the off-season...it would be different if this were February 2010. With the uncertainty of the new CBA, he wouldn't have risked it, and New York knew this had to be done.

The more and more I let this sink in, the more and more I agree with what you're saying. I don't mind the price anymore, we have two players who started the ASG in a 30 team league. Still need pieces to make this work, but the base is there!

• Like 1