What if Deron doesnt sign extension?

kingfish

not if what exists leaves right away. in that case, I'd much rather take my chances with the young fellas.

if Dwight wants to leave Orlando and Otis looks to trade him next year, the Lakers are in great position. why? because they chose not to trade Bynum when he was really young. they let him marinate and his trade value's going to be at an all-time high next year. Jersey would've had the same luxury with Favors, but they got rid of him already.

Favors, assuming Williams leaves.

let's say you had a choice between two brand new cars: a Honda Civic and a Ferrari.

... but there's a catch.

if you choose the Civic, you get to keep it for a decade. if you choose the Ferrari, however, you only get it for a couple years.

which car would you choose?

I'll choose the Ferrari please.

Also, Favors is not comparable to Bynum in the Howard situation because Williams proved no star wants to play in Utah in today's NBA.

lmao, you'd seriously take the Ferrari?

if that's how you feel, do you think Denver should have kept Melo?

Yeah, honestly I think they should've.

They should've tried to win a title with Melo, and then done a sign and trade with the Knicks in the offseason for Chandler and picks.

They would've gotten something for him, and they would've forced Melo to wait as long as possible to go to New York.

Plus, they know they can't replace Carmelo fully so they might as well get something decent for him.

Edited by N/A

"In our situation," Johnson said. "We feel really good about Deron now and in the future." Then he took a veiled slap at the Knicks' signing of Amare Stoudemire, "When you pay a guy 100 million for five, six years, you don't know if he's going to make it through that contract. It's a risk."

Bottom line, Williams "will be at top of his game for the next five to seven years," said the coach who described Williams as "excited."

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/?podcast_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.podtrac.com%2Fpts%2Fredirect.mp3%2Fnyc.podcast.play.it%2Fmedia%2Fd0%2Fd0%2Fd0%2FdW%2FdX%2Fd8%2FdT%2FWX8T_3.MP3%3Fauthtok%3D5561387552597760215_S4xdjscf5Rh6ZYlrH5xFyQSp4Bo&podcast_name=Avery+Johnson

Avery sums it up pretty well.

Worst trade in NBA history if he leaves? We gave up a point gaurd who we were going to throw away, Derrick Favors, our draft pick that won't be in the top five and Golden States draft pick protected 1-7.

You know what happens if he does wanna leave? We New York Knick a team and have young players back.

I don't appreciate Avery's comments, Deron will be on top of his game for the next five or six seasons, but one and a half might be where he tops out with the Nets. It is no more of a risk to give Amar'e a max contract than it is to trade for Deron without promise of an extension, ya know?

Yeah, honestly I think they should've.

They should've tried to win a title with Melo, and then done a sign and trade with the Knicks in the offseason for Chandler and picks.

They would've gotten something for him, and they would've forced Melo to wait as long as possible to go to New York.

Plus, they know they can't replace Carmelo fully so they might as well get something decent for him.

but then you'd be turning down Felton, Gallo, and Mozgov just to hold onto Melo a few more months.

that's a foolish decision if you know he's just going to leave in the summer anyway.

Worst trade in NBA history if he leaves? We gave up a point gaurd who we were going to throw away, Derrick Favors, our draft pick that won't be in the top five and Golden States draft pick protected 1-7.

You know what happens if he does wanna leave? We New York Knick a team and have young players back.

you act like Favors and two lottery picks is chopped liver. I don't expect Nets fans to agree with me here. this was the worst team in basketball last year. you finally get a superstar caliber player, of course you're gonna be excited. I hate the thought of them having potentially traded Favors and picks for absolutely nothing, but it sounds like that's a chance you're willing to take.

Edited by HOV

but then you'd be turning down Felton, Gallo, and Mozgov just to hold onto Melo a few more months.

that's a foolish decision if you know he's just going to leave in the summer anyway.

you act like Favors and two lottery picks is chopped liver. I don't expect Nets fans to agree with me here. this was the worst team in basketball last year. you finally get a superstar caliber player, of course you're gonna be excited. I hate the thought of them having potentially traded Favors and picks for absolutely nothing, but it sounds like that's a chance you're willing to take.

Derrick Favors, Marcus Williams and this years first for a top five point gaurd isn't bad at all.

Yes he may leave but what happens if he does stay? Heck even just a year of Deron Williams will do wonders for the development of Lopez and James.