LaMarcus Aldridge or Chris Bosh

MainEv3nt

He was considered elite because he put up great numbers and was a multiple All Star selection and starter. If you wanna consider Amare elite then Bosh most certainly is.

Bosh's defense isn't All NBA type but its not as bad as you make it sound.

And if no one cares about the Heat then why does everyone on here, especially yourself continue to talk about them every day?

Amar'e is elite.

L.A. is close.

You don't average 18 and 7 and be elite...

Edited by N/A

So because you have seen Bosh play live you know more than the rest of us, like people who watched him play aroung 70 games for the past 7 years?

Look, I don't think anybody is trying to argue that Aldridge has had a better season than Bosh this season, but put the two under the exact same circumstances, surround them with the exact same supporting cast and put them in the exact same conference and you are honestly going to sit here and tell me that LaMarcus Aldridge is a better player than Chris Bosh?

Give me a break. I don't like Bosh that much or anything and hate the way that he ended things in Toronto (dogging it down the stretch, the whole Twitter garbage, etc...) but I won't let that kind of bias interfere with my judgement of Chris Bosh as a player.

Aldridge is a better defender than Bosh. I think both have equal offensive game so Aldridge wins.

Like every fan when it comes to their team, I have some bias towards the Heat but I'm objective when it comes to different topics regarding them. You let me know when you actually find something that shows I can't be objective when talking about the Heat.

There's really nothing to argue here, you are biased towards the Heat and their players. No interest in digging up old posts.

Aldridge is a better defender than Bosh. I think both have equal offensive game so Aldridge wins.

I posted this on another forum about a month ago, so it isn't completely up to date (and I don't feel like going over and correcting all of it), but it gets my point across.

- Bosh is playing with the best player in the league in LeBron James and another top 3, arguably 2nd best, player in Dwyane Wade. Aldridge's 2nd option is who exactly? A 2nd year Wesley Mathews.

- Aldridge plays 39.2 minutes per game. Bosh plays 35.3 minutes per game. That is basically 4 more minutes that Aldridge is on the floor than Bosh is, which gives him plenty of more opportunities to score.

- Aldridge takes 17.5 shots per game and 5.5 free throws per game. That comes out to be 40.5 points available to Aldridge based on his total shot attempts and free throw attempts. Bosh takes 14 shots per game and 5.5 free throws. That comes out to 33.5 points available to Bosh. Aldridge scores 21.4 ppg, which is 52.8% of his total points available. Bosh scores 18.5 ppg, which is 55.2% of his total points available. Since they are both big men, who take less than half a three a game, I disregarded that, but it's not like it would make much of a difference.

- Looking at advanced statistics:

Aldridge has a USG% of 26 to Bosh's 24

Aldridge has an ORTG of 111 to Bosh's 113

Aldridge has a TRB% of 13.8 to Bosh's 13.4

Aldridge has a TS% of 53.6 to Bosh's 56.3

Aldridge has a OWS of 3.8 to Bosh's 3.3

- Per 36 minutes, Aldridge is averaging 19.7 ppg and 8.3 rpg while Bosh is averaging 18.8 ppg and 8.3 rpg. Pretty similar, but Bosh's numbers are more impressive considering he is doing this as the third option while Aldridge is doing it as the first option.

As far as defense goes, you are acting like Aldridge is some sort of defensive anchor while Bosh is Andrea Bargnani. Best case scenario Aldridge is slightly above average defensively while Bosh is slightly below average. To say that Aldridge is a better player because he is a better defender than Bosh is pretty humerous to me considering how marginal the differences are in regards to their impact defensively, especially when you consider that Bosh is undoubtedly the better offensive player. Aldridge is averaging a career high 22.4 ppg on a career best 55.2 TS%. Bosh has averaged more than 22.4 ppg 5 times in his career and the worst TS% he has had as the number one option was 56.9%.

It is clear that you dislike Bosh and this conversation is going nowhere, though.

Like I said, Aldridge has had the better season this year, but to say that he is now a better player than Chris Bosh is a flat out joke considering Aldridge's career year would be about the worst season Bosh ever had as the number one option. I'll leave it at that.

EDIT: Did you seriously just call Aldridge an elite player? And you say that Bosh is overrated?

Edited by Built Ford Tough

I posted this on another forum about a month ago, so it isn't completely up to date (and I don't feel like going over and correcting all of it), but it gets my point across.

- Bosh is playing with the best player in the league in LeBron James and another top 3, arguably 2nd best, player in Dwyane Wade. Aldridge's 2nd option is who exactly? A 2nd year Wesley Mathews.

- Aldridge plays 39.2 minutes per game. Bosh plays 35.3 minutes per game. That is basically 4 more minutes that Aldridge is on the floor than Bosh is, which gives him plenty of more opportunities to score.

- Aldridge takes 17.5 shots per game and 5.5 free throws per game. That comes out to be 40.5 points available to Aldridge based on his total shot attempts and free throw attempts. Bosh takes 14 shots per game and 5.5 free throws. That comes out to 33.5 points available to Bosh. Aldridge scores 21.4 ppg, which is 52.8% of his total points available. Bosh scores 18.5 ppg, which is 55.2% of his total points available. Since they are both big men, who take less than half a three a game, I disregarded that, but it's not like it would make much of a difference.

- Per 36 minutes, Aldridge is averaging 19.7 ppg and 8.3 rpg while Bosh is averaging 18.8 ppg and 8.3 rpg. Pretty similar, but Bosh's numbers are more impressive considering he is doing this as the third option while Aldridge is doing it as the first option.

As far as defense goes, you are acting like Aldridge is some sort of defensive anchor while Bosh is Andrea Bargnani. Best case scenario Aldridge is slightly above average defensively while Bosh is slightly below average. To say that Aldridge is a better player because he is a better defender than Bosh is pretty humerous to me considering how marginal the differences are in regards to their impact defensively, especially when you consider that Bosh is undoubtedly the better offensive player. Aldridge is averaging a career high 22.4 ppg on a career best 55.2 TS%. Bosh has averaged more than 22.4 ppg 5 times in his career and the worst TS% he has had as the number one option was 56.9%.

It is clear that you dislike Bosh and this conversation is going nowhere, though.

Like I said, Aldridge has had the better season this year, but to say that he is now a better player than Chris Bosh is a flat out joke considering Aldridge's career year would be about the worst season Bosh ever had as the number one option. I'll leave it at that.

EDIT: Did you seriously just call Aldridge an elite player? And you say that Bosh is overrated?

Aldridge is not an elite player, but Bosh isn't either.

In my opinion they're borderline equal, but I give L.A. the edge because of his defense.

I LOVE that you're throwing down hollinger statistics on me because people should embrace those more, but I'll still take L.A. in the debate.

im on the aldrige bandwagon, he's actually in my top 5 for mvp candidates

MVP candidate? Good point. If Dwight Howard can be in MVP talks, then L.A. should be too. Take him away, and not even a Brandon Roy at 85% health could carry this team. L.A. really stepped up in the past six weeks.

Well, the thing about those stats is that most of those years, Bosh was the number 1 option while LaMarcus was number 2 to Brandon Roy. I'll admit, I do have a biased opinion since I'm a Blazer fan and I'd much rather have Aldridge over Bosh. I'd like to see if LaMarcus can keep on progressing in his career playing at this level, especially since Roy is back, Wallace is on the team now, Dre Mill, and Wes Matthews taking shots. In my opinion, he should keep being the number one option on the Blazers, he's shown that he now isn't afraid to bang with the big boys in the middle and now doesn't rely on his jump shot. Let's bring this topic back up in a couple of years to see how LaMarcus and Bosh are doing. Granted, Bosh's stats probably wont get any better considering the situation he put himself in while LaMarcus will continue to be the 1st/2nd option on the Blazers.

• 1 month later...