Anthony Randolph - The Beast

they weren't smart enough to keep Brewer OR give Randolph minutes while he was still with the team.

That's just D'Antoni's system and clearly it is backfiring on him with all the main guys fatigued now a big reason for their losses (along with defense). He has always used a rotation with 8-9 players and it's just not the way to go for a 82-game NBA season.

• Like 1

lol @ Knicks fans still saying he's trash. you can't sit here and tell me Randolph for Brewer was a good deal. Brewer never even played for the damn Knicks lol.

...he isn't a good basketball player. He wouldn't get burn on a winning basketball team. He plays for the bottom feeding Minnesota Timberwolves, that's why he's allowed to dominate the ball and score volume points on volume attempts.

24 points on 16 shots and 15 rebounds with 2 blocks and 2 steals tonight against the Thunder.

...he isn't a good basketball player. He wouldn't get burn on a winning basketball team. He plays for the bottom feeding Minnesota Timberwolves, that's why he's allowed to dominate the ball and score volume points on volume attempts.

Oh please, I do agree that he would be receiving less playing time on a playoff team but the way he's been playing recently I wouldn't be surprised to see him logging major minutes on one. Volume attempts? Seriously? He's putting up an average of 20 points per game in the past 4 games on 60% shooting (13 shots by the way).

• Like 1

With that logic Kevin Love is not good, and Ray Allen is a superstar.

With that logic Kevin Love is not good, and Ray Allen is a superstar.

If you nitpick one line out of three, sure... that would apply. But Love and Allen would both play on a good basketball team, because they're good basketball players. Maybe Love has never been given the chance, but one out of the three players mentioned has been traded twice and sat for multitudes of time because he doesn't know the game of basketball -- Randolph.

Oh please, I do agree that he would be receiving less playing time on a playoff team but the way he's been playing recently I wouldn't be surprised to see him logging major minutes on one. Volume attempts? Seriously? He's putting up an average of 20 points per game in the past 4 games on 60% shooting (13 shots by the way).

He would be getting no burn on a playoff team, and 17 attempts per 36 counts as volume to me, yes.

4 game sample sizes make me giggle, as does this thread. Dude has been treated like the plague by two (semi) competent teams, gets shipped to the Werewolves where their best player gets injured, and he walks into a situation where the team sucks and he can dominate the ball. He puts up points, but that was never his problem, really.

If you nitpick one line out of three, sure... that would apply. But Love and Allen would both play on a good basketball team, because they're good basketball players. Maybe Love has never been given the chance, but one out of the three players mentioned has been traded twice and sat for multitudes of time because he doesn't know the game of basketball -- Randolph.

Randolph has been a part of three below .500 teams...

Edited by N/A

He would be getting no burn on a playoff team, and 17 attempts per 36 counts as volume to me, yes.

4 game sample sizes make me giggle, as does this thread. Dude has been treated like the plague by two (semi) competent teams, gets shipped to the Werewolves where their best player gets injured, and he walks into a situation where the team sucks and he can dominate the ball. He puts up points, but that was never his problem, really.

I'm pretty sure The Truth was being sarcastic with the thread title. Other than that I don't see anything wrong with this thread, yes its a small sample but its been a very solid 4 games for Randolph and I don't see what is so bad about praising his recent play. If he ever begins to suck again then you may be right about him but so far he's been great.

I'm pretty sure The Truth was being sarcastic with the thread title. Other than that I don't see anything wrong with this thread, yes its a small sample but its been a very solid 4 games for Randolph and I don't see what is so bad about praising his recent play. If he ever begins to suck again then you may be right about him but so far he's been great.

He wasn't being sarcastic -- he's a weirdo.

I stick by what I said. He's good in a ball dominating situation on a 17 win team. He doesn't know the game, so if you're asking him to do anything but freestyle on offense, you're in trouble. On a winning team he wouldn't be able to play with even a shred of the same game he's showing now.

You're right that the offense is basically freestyle, the Wolves have been extremely prone to ditching the triangle and when they do I can't what they are running.

We will see about Randolph. Him being productive recently is a good sign and he can learn the game in time.

He wasn't being sarcastic -- he's a weirdo.

lmfao how am I a weirdo? it's not like I'm the only one who thinks Randolph's done well lately.

I stick by what I said. He's good in a ball dominating situation on a 17 win team. He doesn't know the game, so if you're asking him to do anything but freestyle on offense, you're in trouble. On a winning team he wouldn't be able to play with even a shred of the same game he's showing now.

what makes you think he doesn't know the game? it's not like you saw him play a whole lot in New York. he never got much a shot in Golden State because Nelson was always hellbent on playing his veterans. Larry Riley, the biggest idiot of a GM in the NBA, decided to ship him out for an $80M David Lee. this all happened before the new owners took over the Warriors. Randolph played under two veteran coaches who never even gave him a real opportunity to prove himself. suddenly, he goes to a team that gives him a chance and he starts to produce. that's more than just a coincidence. it shows the older coaches don't give the young guys enough of a chance.

If only we had video to show Randolph not getting out of the way of an iso, standing in the middle of the paint for no reason, running away from the ball when he had a chance to salvage the possession into a screen/roll...you know, understanding the game of basketball...oh wait we do!

http://nbaplaybook.com/2011/03/25/minnesota-lacks-a-plan-late/

• Like 1

If only we had video to show Randolph not getting out of the way of an iso, standing in the middle of the paint for no reason, running away from the ball when he had a chance to salvage the possession into a screen/roll...you know, understanding the game of basketball...oh wait we do!

http://nbaplaybook.com/2011/03/25/minnesota-lacks-a-plan-late/

cuz one play is all you need to define a player. :rolleyes:

cuz one play is all you need to define a player. :rolleyes:

No, but when people are criticizing Randolph for having a horrendous basketball IQ, and you say "What makes you think he doesn't know the game," and there's recent definitive proof of him having no fundamental knowledge of what to do in a certain situation, it makes your praise of him look disingenuous.

lmfao how am I a weirdo? it's not like I'm the only one who thinks Randolph's done well lately.

Has nothing to do with your opinion on Randolph.

what makes you think he doesn't know the game? it's not like you saw him play a whole lot in New York. he never got much a shot in Golden State because Nelson was always hellbent on playing his veterans. Larry Riley, the biggest idiot of a GM in the NBA, decided to ship him out for an $80M David Lee. this all happened before the new owners took over the Warriors. Randolph played under two veteran coaches who never even gave him a real opportunity to prove himself. suddenly, he goes to a team that gives him a chance and he starts to produce. that's more than just a coincidence. it shows the older coaches don't give the young guys enough of a chance.

So you think Mike D'Antoni would bench a long, athletic shot blocker who can run the floor just because he's a young player? Mike D has started a 2nd round rookie this entire season, that statement holds no merit.

He hasn't played because he doesn't know how to play disciplined, team basketball.

No, but when people are criticizing Randolph for having a horrendous basketball IQ, and you say "What makes you think he doesn't know the game," and there's recent definitive proof of him having no fundamental knowledge of what to do in a certain situation, it makes your praise of him look disingenuous.

dude, I could go on youtube and find a video that could make any player in the league look like a moron. that doesn't mean they're actually a moron.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqcgy6xLrEM

there you go. Kobe doesn't know how to play.

dude, I could go on youtube and find a video that could make any player in the league look like a moron. that doesn't mean they're actually a moron.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqcgy6xLrEM

there you go. Kobe doesn't know how to play.

My poster boy post for neg rep

here's what someone posted on a Warriors forum about a week ago:

Well well well..............here's a nice sobering thought.

Ladies and gentleman............with all his critics, doubters and proven faults.

His FIRST 2 starts of the season.............and the FIRST time he has played over 30 minutes in consecutive games all season, moreover, the first time he has played any kind of consistent minutes for the first time this season (probably ever actually).

And he is averaging =

27.5 PTS - 13.0 REB - 2.5 AST - 1.5 STL - 1.5 BLK - 2.0 TRN - 1 PF - 63.8 FG% - 100% FT.

After all the inconsistency, all the "he's done, he's crap, he can't control himself" comments all year...............and he steps STRAIGHT in with that.

Amazing what a kid knowing what to expect and knowing his role can do after absolutely no prep and no build up.

I hope he carries this on and ends up shitting on all the doubters and becomes the player some of us though he could be.

Up next for him, Boston..............big test............good luck kid.

got some really disgruntled fans on that site btw. I lot of them are protesting the Warriors and trying to encourage fans not to go to games until the team drastically improves.

• 2 weeks later...