Great NBA Moments?

Scout200

If most can remember back this far, I can recall David Robinson's 71 point effort back in 1994. I was a sophmore in high school and I remember being so amazed that I just had to cut out the article in the following day's sports page AND laminated it. I was a sports fanatic back then.

ALSO...

I was a huge Alonzo Mourning fan, even up to this day! Naturally, I followed the Charlotte Hornets back in his younger years and I was keeping a close eye on this playoff series. Remember the buzzer beater, yall?

anytime you put Magic and Bird on the floor together... Those championship series are unreal, I always watch them when they're shown on ESPN Classic. Basketball was pure basketball then. Now it's shoe deals, mansions, traveling, soft defense, guys sit out for broken thumb nails. It is nowhere near the same. I wasnt even alive back then, but from all the footage and games I've seen it isnt comparable. Go to the rim back then you better be ready for contact, hard contact. Today people let you get to the rim just so they dont get dunked on.

• Like 1

Kobe 81

2000 wcf game 7

2000 NBA finals game 4(I think that's the game)

2002 wcf full series

Lakers comeback vs dallas in December 02

Kobe 81

2005 NBA finals game 7

2010 NBA finals game 7

LeBron vs pistons 2006

MJ's final shot as a Chicago Bull, fittingly a game-winner.

T-Mac's 13 in 35 seconds, Kobe's 81, Wilt's 100 (granted I didn't witness it in person, but it is in the history books) amongst other things that have amazed me.

• Owner

MJ's final shot as a Chicago Bull, fittingly a game-winner.

T-Mac's 13 in 35 seconds, Kobe's 81, Wilt's 100 (granted I didn't witness it in person, but it is in the history books) amongst other things that have amazed me.

Can't believe you didn't say Paxson's Game 6 game-winning three against the Suns. It won their third title.

:o

;)

http://media.nj.com/nets_impact/photo/lebron-james-chris-bosh-dwyane-wade-introduced-in-miami-7821fbe30df9302c_large.jpg

http://www.mediabistro.com/sportsnewser/files/2010/09/the-miami-heat-sign-lebron.jpg

http://pardonmybias.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/Miami-Heat-Big-Three.jpg

SUMMER OF 2010

Lebron and Bosh join DWade and the Miami Heat to win not 1 not 2 not 3 not 4 not 5 not 6 not 7 but 8 maybe 9 or 10 championships and take over the NBA

Edited by The Artesticle

Well there are so many...

I'd say that the very best were :

Magic as a rookie playing at center because of Jabbar's injury in the game 6 of the 1980 NBA Finals.

Willis Reed's playing injured in the game 7 of the 1970 NBA Finals.

Jordan's last shot in the game 6 of the 1998 NBA Finals.

When Havlicek stole the ball at the end of the 7th game of the 1965 ECF between the C's and Sixers.

Mr Clutch's amazing half court shot at the end of the game 3 of the 1970 Finals (even if the Knicks eventually won that game, and the series thanks to Willis Reed's come back as I mentioned earlier).

Michael Jordan's 55 points against the Suns in the game 4 of the 1993 Finals and 41 PPG averaged in this same Finals.

Michael Jordan's 63 pts against the C's in the 1986 first round against the mighty C's and Larry Bird's legendary comments about "God's disguised as Michael Jordan".

Bill Russell's 30 pts and 40 rebds in the game 7 of the 1962 NBA Finals.

Michael Jordan's flu game in the game 5 of the 1997 NBA Finals.

Derek Fisher's unbelievable 0.4 seconds shot.

Michael Jordan's game winner over Craig Ehlo in the game 5 of the 1989 first round.

Don Nelson's clutch shot at the end of the game 7 of the 1969 NBA Finals.

Larry Bird's great steal and assist at the end of the game 5 of the 1987 ECF against Detroit.

Well I'm gonna stop here but there were so many more... Can't mention 'em all.

Edited by Oliver P