If you could add one player...

The Regime

yeah, but still - Camby? obviously, he's a great defensive player, but he's old and on the decline. he's 36 and he's already talked about retirement for awhile now. he'll give you ten rebounds a game and play solid defense, but then he'll retire in a year or two. on top of that, you'll get next to nothing from him offensively. choosing him over guys like Hibbert, Bynum, even Marc Gasol (all at least ten years younger than Camby) - that's extremely shocking to me. Camby might give you a little more for the next year or two, but these other guys would give you a lot for a decade plus. age has gotta come into consideration here.

Solid defense? When healthy Camby is top 3 defensive C's in the NBA, not only that he is one of the best rebounders grabbing at least 11 boards a year over the past 7 years, when healthy I'd def take him over any of them, age or not. He's not the best offensive C that's for sure but he still averages 2 assists a game and doesn't turn the ball over much.

I understand your point, but there's gotta be better options for Miami than a Camby on the verge of retirement. take a guy like Hibbert, for example. he's averaging over twice as many points as Camby, putting up the same number of blocks, and about three fewer rebounds. plus, he's 12 years younger than Camby. I don't see how anyone could take Marcus over Roy, for any team.

• Owner

Ask LeBron James how well Danny Granger plays defense.

When he's not asked to score 30 points for the Pacers, Granger is one of the best perimeter defenders in the NBA, just like he was over at UNM.

I understand your point, but there's gotta be better options for Miami than a Camby on the verge of retirement. take a guy like Hibbert, for example. he's averaging over twice as many points as Camby, putting up the same number of blocks, and about three fewer rebounds. plus, he's 12 years younger than Camby. I don't see how anyone could take Marcus over Roy, for any team.

Blocks doesn't mean defense, defense means defense.

• Like 1

Camby is a very underrated despite his age. Not only is he a great defensive player, he constantly is going for rebounds even when they're way out of his reach. He is a great passing center (ask LaMarcus Aldridge, who has gotten at least 10+ oops from Camby this) and his mid range shot is better than Hibbert's. Camby is a savy veteran player who knows how to play the game very well.

As for the topic itself, I don't know who I'd take...Maybe Noah or Hibbert as a backup center for Camby.

Blocks doesn't mean defense, defense means defense.

blocks are part of a player's defensive game. the reason Miami needs a center in the first place is because Big Z, Dampier, Howard, and Magloire all are on the verge of retirement. so what are you gonna do? let's bring in the 36 year-old Camby who just said a couple months ago that he'd retire if he was traded this year. if you think he's a better option than some of these guys who're ten or twelve years younger - go ahead. I've lost faith here.

Edited by The Truth

yeah, but still - Camby? obviously, he's a great defensive player, but he's old and on the decline. he's 36 and he's already talked about retirement for awhile now. he'll give you ten rebounds a game and play solid defense, but then he'll retire in a year or two. on top of that, you'll get next to nothing from him offensively. choosing him over guys like Hibbert, Bynum, even Marc Gasol (all at least ten years younger than Camby) - that's extremely shocking to me. Camby might give you a little more for the next year or two, but these other guys would give you a lot for a decade plus. age has gotta come into consideration here.

I thought this was just for "right now" thing not looking into the future..

For all the people picking Granger, you realize he has been an All-Star before right? He was one in 08-09.

As for the Raptors, it would be John Wall without thinking twice.

Andrew Bogut would be my 2nd choice as he is one of the two players in the NBA that I think you can start beside Bargnani and still have a legitimate frontcourt (Howard is obviously the other). Since it is unlikely that Colangelo will move Bargnani anytime soon, you might as well add a center that can cover Bargnani's ass and give you some low post offense. His passing ability would be a great addition to the Raptors lineup as well. I think he and DeRozan could develop some really nice chemistry together.

EDIT: Nevermind, I thought the topic was who has never been on an All-Star team. I can see picking Granger now that I took a second look at the topic.

Edited by Built Ford Tough

I gotta say, if I was a Laker fan, I'd probably take Batum. I love his game and I think he'd fit well into the triangle. the Lakers have proven they can win without an elite PG. Batum would add youth and versatility to that starting line and you'd be able to trade Artest without worry.

Yeah. He's a Trevor Ariza clone with more upside.