Don't Be A Bosh---Be A Bynum!

Erick Blasco

http://bballbreakdown.com/2011/03/15/dont-be-a-bosh-be-a-bynum-recap-of-heat-vs-spurs-and-lakers-vs-magic/

Coach Nick is impressed with the Lakers and it's because of Andrew Bynum. Conversely, he's very disappointed in how Bosh's game will translate to the playoffs. Check it out!

Not saying anything we don't already know about Chris this season. However, as I continue to watch him he is becoming more aggressive little by little down the stretch. I think it has a lot to do with him just finding a way to fit in to our offense. When he's aggressive and playing like a true big, then like Coach Nick said, we're near unstoppable.

I feel on offence Bosh could be a great force, but with his lack of defence and toughness could be a huge factor. Bosh just does not bring that toughness that Bynum and Howard have. Both of those players fight hard under the basket and get those boards. Bosh is more of an outsider player and relies a lot on the defender biting and getting that foul. He doesn't have that inside force Howard and Bynum have.

Not saying anything we don't already know about Chris this season. However, as I continue to watch him he is becoming more aggressive little by little down the stretch. I think it has a lot to do with him just finding a way to fit in to our offense. When he's aggressive and playing like a true big, then like Coach Nick said, we're near unstoppable.

Lost a lot of respect when Bosh decided to do the KG act. Shouting and all that shit, well at least KG had toughness in him. He was pretty polite til he came to Miami and decided to talk shit to players. Trying to act tough when clearly he's softer than a pudding. :lol:

Miami needs a defensive anchor and that's it, expect them to win 4 or more rings. But without a solid defensive anchor, with Bosh on the inside, it's going to be a tough time for Miami to win playoff games

It seems like coach Nick thinks Chris Bosh is Amare Stoudemire. Bosh is not going to roll to the basket, and he is probably going to hit that 15 foot/mid range jump shot more than he is going to miss it. Bosh is 'settling' for those jump shots because that is the bread and butter of his offensive game. He isn't going to roll to the basket and finish strong at the rim off a screen, if you want Bosh taking it to the basket you are going to have to run an isolation or get the ball in his hands and clear out a side, that is just the player he is. He is shooting around 50% like he always has, he is the same player he always has been, so to expect him to overhaul his offensive mindset in his 8th NBA season is kind of crazy in my opinion. I don't see the point in calling out Chris Bosh for being the player he always has been. Maybe if Bosh was your 2nd offensive option his shot selection/offensive repertoire might be a concern if you're trying to win a championship, but he is their 3rd option offensively.

If you want to blame Bosh as a reason the Heat might not be able to be a championship team, I really don't think his offensive game is the thing you should be talking about. Maybe talk about how he gets consistently abused inside, his lack of effort on the glass or his non-existent defensive pride.

It seems like coach Nick thinks Chris Bosh is Amare Stoudemire. Bosh is not going to roll to the basket, and he is probably going to hit that 15 foot/mid range jump shot more than he is going to miss it. Bosh is 'settling' for those jump shots because that is the bread and butter of his offensive game. He isn't going to roll to the basket and finish strong at the rim off a screen, if you want Bosh taking it to the basket you are going to have to run an isolation or get the ball in his hands and clear out a side, that is just the player he is. He is shooting around 50% like he always has, he is the same player he always has been, so to expect him to overhaul his offensive mindset in his 8th NBA season is kind of crazy in my opinion. I don't see the point in calling out Chris Bosh for being the player he always has been. Maybe if Bosh was your 2nd offensive option his shot selection/offensive repertoire might be a concern if you're trying to win a championship, but he is their 3rd option offensively.

If you want to blame Bosh as a reason the Heat might not be able to be a championship team, I really don't think his offensive game is the thing you should be talking about. Maybe talk about how he gets consistently abused inside, his lack of effort on the glass or his non-existent defensive pride.

It does become a concern when all three of Miami's best players need to start from the outside to generate their offense, one of the myriad reasons why the Heat struggle against good defenses.

It sounds like Chris Bosh should definitely go through the intense summer camp LaMarcus Aldridge went through last summer. Aldridge bulked up a bit, gained some muscle and has become fearless in the paint adding a ton of post moves in the middle and it's really paid off for him this year. Aldridge used to rely on his mid range jump shot all the time and it greatly pissed me off. Now he's a threat down low and I love it.

Bosh needs to go through that camp and he wont regret it. I'll see if I can find the link in which it describes the workout he went through.

It does become a concern when all three of Miami's best players need to start from the outside to generate their offense, one of the myriad reasons why the Heat struggle against good defenses.

Trust me, I wish we ran more plays for LBJ and Wade in the post. Wade abused George Hill in that game down low until the Spurs decided to double him whenever he got it in there.

LBJ needs to be in the post a lot more too. He's good for some points about 90% of the time he's in there it seems.