Wiz Khalifa-Rolling Papers

MainEv3nt

The Race is my favorite so far. Too sick. Gotta say I'm impressed with Wiz. His flow on this album is completely different from what we're used to and I gotta say, I like it a lot.

• Like 1

There's some real garbage on this album. Forget everything I said above except the part about The Race.

Yeah....the more I listen, I'm less and less impressed. I find it hard to listen through some of the songs. L.A.S.E.R.S is so much better than this album, and that's not even Lupe at his best. Kush & OJ is way better so far. Maybe (HOPEFULLY) this album grows on me - doubt it.

One of the most overrated rappers in the game today.

I agree, sort of. I mean, he's not really considered a great rapper or lyricist, he just makes chill music. I guess it's more of we expected too much after Kush & OJ.

no doubt. some of his real early stuff was coo, but he sold out big time. :(

Not really, though. His songs have always had a mainstream vibe. I just didn't really like the direction of this particular project.

but it's not just this project. his debut album was garbage, and like half of it was songs he'd already released lol.

Fair enough. But let's not act like most of the mixtapes are still a mainstream vibe. Let's not all seem like he was some hardcore underground artist with creative lyrics or something. Even mixtapes like Flight School (autotune, catchy) and Star Power had mainstream feels to it.

I agree, sort of. I mean, he's not really considered a great rapper or lyricist, he just makes chill music. I guess it's more of we expected too much after Kush & OJ.

Everyone in my city is obsessed with him. Maybe it's because they are potheads. :lol: they should be Cudi fans, haha.

Everyone in my city is obsessed with him. Maybe it's because they are potheads. :lol: they should be Cudi fans, haha.

Sounds like me and my friends lolol jk..but Cudi has become rather emo, so I've strayed away from him. Lol. His last album was poor imo. But yeah Wiz has blown up all over, not just in your city...I mean, this particular project isn't very good, but Kush & OJ and previous mixtapes were really really good with a high replay value.

MOTM 2 grew on me and I enjoy listening to it now. There's 0 way this will grow on me. Wiz tried to be Cudi/Drake on this album it seemed going with a deeper sound that just doesn't fit him.

MOTM 2 grew on me and I enjoy listening to it now. There's 0 way this will grow on me. Wiz tried to be Cudi/Drake on this album it seemed going with a deeper sound that just doesn't fit him.

Yeah there's too much him trying to sing, a lot of the songs seemed forced and don't seem to flow well, and a lot of songs seem to last too long...they seem so dragged out, which is never a good sign.

MOTM2 was wack as hell I thought, but that's for another topic....

Edited by JYD

This has been a depressing year for CDs... A lot of them hyped to be so good, and just have been pure let downs. I blame it all on the music industry, it's all about money instead of being about actual music quality.

• Like 1

This has been a depressing year for CDs... A lot of them hyped to be so good, and just have been pure let downs. I blame it all on the music industry, it's all about money instead of being about actual music quality.

Yup. Because it hasn't always been about that? :unsure:

I still think L.A.S.E.R.S was a great album. I've listened to it a ton, and I still find it to be great. I think people just expected it to be more like The Cool, but just because it's a different sound for Lupe doesn't degrade it's value IMO.

There's still plenty more hip-hop CD's slated to come out this year, it's only been 3 months. So I'm confident there will be a few more very good to great releases this year.

Yup. Because it hasn't always been about that? :unsure:

I still think L.A.S.E.R.S was a great album. I've listened to it a ton, and I still find it to be great. I think people just expected it to be more like The Cool, but just because it's a different sound for Lupe doesn't degrade it's value IMO.

There's still plenty more hip-hop CD's slated to come out this year, it's only been 3 months. So I'm confident there will be a few more very good to great releases this year.

The stupid R&B choruses and shitty beats killed L.A.S.E.R.S in my opinion.