Random Sixer Thoughts

I am really impressed with the Sixers new owners thus far. They are attempting to completely change the culture. Lots of cool ticket promotions (for example, all upper level seats for the month of January are $17.76 or less, no online ticket fees), getting rid of the stupid Hip-Hop mascot, etc. They are also getting a new PA announcer. I like Matt Cord (the former PA guy) a lot, mostly because he is a DJ on my favorite radio station, so I feel bad for him, but I do like how the new ownership group is completely cleaning house. Maybe people will take notice and start to support this team.

I am reading nothing but good things from writers, coaches, and players about how training camp has gone so far. Not sure if it means much, but it is making me very optimistic. Supposedly everyone showed up ready to play, is in shape, etc. I also feel like the shortened offseason may benefit teams with good depth, such as the Sixers. At least at the beginning of the season. We'll see though.

Also, the Marreese Speights trade chatter is picking up. Denver is supposedly interested. Have figured all along that Speights was on the way out. Now with Spencer Hawes and Tony Battie signed, and Nik Vucevic drafted, don't really see how Speights fits on the roster. I expect Speights will be gone within the next few days.