Deron Williams- “No One Wanted To Play In Utah”

AboveLegit

“That was the hardest thing for me,” he says of playing recruiter for the Jazz. “I tried every summer. I played with the best guys year after year and guys that were becoming free agents and asked if they wanted to come play with me and they’re like, ‘In Utah?’”

“I tried to tell people it’s a great city. If you want to go out and party every night, it’s not where you want to be. It’s a clean city. There’s a lot to do for families. The fans are great. Great foods. Great restaurants. The only thing it didn’t have is partying.”

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/2011/03/26/2011-03-26_people_get_deron_williams_name_wrong_all_the_time_but_the_nets_say_thats_all_abo.html?page=3

This has been a very rough season for the Jazz. Things just have completely fallen apart for them with both their long-tenured coach retiring and Deron Williams leaving and now starting to talk some crap about the team that he swore he wanted to stay with. Very sad to see the Jazz starting to go downhill. Jimmer would definitely bring some crowd excitement back into the building.

It's true that Toronto is a more attractive place but what I mean is that most of the stars don't want to find themselves in Toronto.

I don't think it has to do with Toronto it has more to do with Canada in general. No American born player wants to leave his country willingly. I mean Canada is the shit...don't get me wrong. The parties in Montreal are [expletive]ing crazy.

This has been a very rough season for the Jazz. Things just have completely fallen apart for them with both their long-tenured coach retiring and Deron Williams leaving and now starting to talk some crap about the team that he swore he wanted to stay with. Very sad to see the Jazz starting to go downhill. Jimmer would definitely bring some crowd excitement back into the building.

He's not really trash talking it as he's stated in the press conference that he loves Utah and even in that article he says about how nice it is there.

And Toronto is perfect for young American players....who like to paaaaarty.