How much does Chicago's Division impact their record?

Flash

I was thinking about this the other day and noticed the Bulls great record in their division and then I looked and saw how terrible that division is. Only 1 team above .500 in the Central and that's the Pacers.

If you look at Miami and Boston who both have 3 playoff teams in their division, that's much tougher to go against than Chicago's division.

Not saying its a big deal, but it definitely helps them.

they're about to give you shit for this lol.

I could care less to be honest. I'm not saying they aren't a good team, but their record is inflated because the rest of the teams in their division suck this year.

Seriously don't see how it makes a difference since the Bulls have to play everybody in the Eastern Conference 4 times a year. And so does Boston and Miami.

Exactly, its not baseball or football :lol:

If you want to talk about big differences in records, look at the two teams' records against elite teams then

Seriously don't see how it makes a difference since the Bulls have to play everybody in the Eastern Conference 4 times a year. And so does Boston and Miami.

Except you don't play every team in the East 4 times a year. Think about that for a second. If you played every East team 4 times a year and every West team 2 times a year, that would mean you play more than 82 games a year.

You play your own division 4 times each, the opposing conference 2 times each and then you play certain same conference teams only 3 teams a year as opposed to 4.

It is marginal at best, but playing in a weaker division does help a team. I'd much rather be in the Central and have 4 guaranteed games against the Bucks, Pacers, Cavs and Pistons than be in the Southeast and have 4 guaranteed games against the Magic, Hawks, Bobcats and Wizards.

With that said, I don't really think their division has much of an impact on their record. Maybe if they were in the Southeast or Atlantic they may have a couple less wins, but they would probably still be first in the East.

Yeah i've done research on this earlier this year... I know they only played Miami 3 times and i believe 2 other East teams they only played 3 times... The fact is though, they're 3-0 vs Miami lol... So... Their division, though weak, has little to do with their overall record.

They're still 19-12 vs eastern conference teams that are NOT in their division and an impressive 22-7 vs western conference teams.

They're legit my friends.... :dribble:

Edited by MaddSkillz

• Owner

I'm sure it helps their record just as much as all of the East teams benefit from not having to play in a conference with 11 teams near or above .500 the entire season.

Just for kicks, I went to look at how the other top teams in the East fared against those Central Division teams (DET, CLE, IND and MIL), and I noticed something.

The Miami Heat played the Pistons, Cavaliers and Bucks four times each this season. Chicago did as well. The Pacers are the team Miami played three times, and the Pacers are the only team .500 or better among the four.

The Boston Celtics played the Cavaliers and Bucks just three times, the Pacers and Pistons four.

Of the three teams (Boston, Miami and Chicago), it looks like Boston had it the worst against the East. While the Bulls and Heat had a three-game series against three playoff teams in the East, Boston only had it against two.

However, it doesn't mean much, because losses came against Cleveland for both the Heat and Celtics, and I believe the Pacers beat both teams as well. Plus, Chicago rolled Miami three times, and so did Boston. Pretty irrelevant.

• Owner

Yeah i've done research on this earlier this year... I know they only played Miami 3 times and i believe 2 other East teams they only played 3 times...

You're right. The Knicks would make the fourth team on April 12th. All teams play four teams in their conference just three times (what a mess of a sentence).

• Owner

Chicago "rolled" Miami? Lol, Wade almost beat them by himself in Chicago and then it took meltdowns for them to win the other games.

You really get pissed when someone says anything bad about the Heat, huh?

The Bulls rolled the Heat like a broom rolls dust particles across the floor. Season sweep. Rolled. Beaten all three times. The Heat went 0-3. I don't know how else to say it.

And Wade doesn't do shit by himself, and those meltdowns had been happening quite a bit since the season started in October...completely irrelevant as to how they lost the game. They don't gain partial HCA by barely losing, or having meltdowns as an excuse.

• Like 1