Amare: Pau is still soft

I like to see Bynum stepping up and defending his teammat. But honestly Amare should be the last on talk about Pau seeing that he hasnt won anthing yet, while Pau is already sitting on two and possibly three rings after this year.

• Like 1

• Owner

Too bad Amare is in the East now. I wanted to see a healthy Drew tear him to pieces in a playoff series.

Amare's dumb ass has no room to talk, though. Drew is right. He's part of the reason why the Knicks allow 180 PPG.

I'd continue, but STAT is pretty irrelevant now. There are a few East and West PF's that I'd rather be concerned about in the playoffs, the ones we'll more than likely see.

Amare needs to shut the [expletive] up sometimes.. honestly though. He has a huge mouth. Last time it was against Tmac and now against Pau. Amare calls Pau soft while he's a terrible defender himself

I won't even get into how stupid Amar'e has been recently... He really pissed me off with what he tweeted about BYU over the Brandon Davies situation...

Anyway....

I'll just say that Pau is one of the most underrated players in the game... Pau is not soft and Amar'e is the last big man (other than Bosh) to be calling anyone soft... The Knicks can't win games right now cause NO ONE DEFENDS THE PAINT OR REBOUNDS..... Ama're should be the one doing those things. Pau stepped up huge earlier this year while Bynum was out and played great.

Pau Gasol

10.2 rpg

Def Rating: 103

Def WS: 4.3

Amar'e Stoudemire

8.3 rpg

Def Rating: 108

Def WS: 2.4

So Amar'e.... I gotta give you one of these :blink: ... I have a feeling you'll be sitting at home after about 5 or 6 games into the playoffs.... :D

And i hate the Lakers :lol:

• Like 1

+1

People on this message board say the same thing, but when Amar'e says it...

Exactly. Then you have the stupid defense of how many rings does Amare have and all that crap. How many times did Amare get to play with Kobe Bryant? Its just like when people say Bosh is soft. He definitely is, but that doesn't mean he isn't a great player.

Lakers fans clown on Pau cause when the Lakers lose it can't ever possibly be Kobe's fault... It's Pau, Artest, Odom and Bynum being hurt... Or Fish being old... Always anything but blame Kobe...

Kobe shot 25% in game 7 of the Finals last year.. They still won... Kobe shot 40.5% for the series... Obviously his team didn't suck...

I gaurantee you though if the Lakers had of lost game 7 it would have been "Pau's fault"... Not Kobe's...

Look at Kobe and Pau's advanced stats this year....

Off Rating, Def Rating, WS... All of that... Pau has more to do with the Lakers winning than Kobe...

I know I know.... That's blasphemy and Kobe lovers gonna go crazy... Smh... Stop living in the past and realize he has taken a step back...

Last year when Kobe was hurt and missed games the Lakers had a winning record without him... I don't know how many games I've see these last 2 years where Kobe is like -5 for the game but they still win... Pau is an all-star and Odom will win 6th man of the year.. Ron-Ron won defensive player of the year long before he came to L.A. And Phil won 6 rings without Kobe....

Somehow Lakers fans still think every single game they win is 100% because of Kobe...

End of Lakers rant... :D

Edited by MaddSkillz

Maybe those stats don't prove it, but Kobe is still the driving force behind the Lakers and its easy to see. However, I do agree with your general point that its never Kobe's fault lol.

• Like 1

Its not like Amare is wrong though.

I dont think that we are saying what he said is completely wrong, it think its more of the fact that its coming from the wrong person. A soft person calling out another soft person is just wrong lol

Lakers fans clown on Pau cause when the Lakers lose it can't ever possibly be Kobe's fault... It's Pau, Artest, Odom and Bynum being hurt... Or Fish being old... Always anything but blame Kobe...

Kobe shot 25% in game 7 of the Finals last year.. They still won... Kobe shot 40.5% for the series... Obviously his team didn't suck...

I gaurantee you though if the Lakers had of lost game 7 it would have been "Pau's fault"... Not Kobe's...

Look at Kobe and Pau's advanced stats this year....

Off Rating, Def Rating, WS... All of that... Pau has more to do with the Lakers winning than Kobe...

I know I know.... That's blasphemy and Kobe lovers gonna go crazy... Smh... Stop living in the past and realize he has taken a step back...

Last year when Kobe was hurt and missed games the Lakers had a winning record without him... I don't know how many games I've see these last 2 years where Kobe is like -5 for the game but they still win... Pau is an all-star and Odom will win 6th man of the year.. Ron-Ron won defensive player of the year long before he came to L.A. And Phil won 6 rings without Kobe....

Somehow Lakers fans still think every single game they win is 100% because of Kobe...

End of Lakers rant... :D

1. Any intelligent Laker fan will know when to blame Kobe for a loss.

2. Kobe is the best player on the Lakers team.

He definitely shouldn't say that because Amar'e doesn't really bang inside either lol. They both are pretty similar, actually in the style of play in the sense that i think both are kinda soft.

Edited by JYD
  • Like 1

• Owner

LOL at the +/- statistics. I'd love to manhandle that, but I've done it over and over again in the past. Just for fun...

http://www.nba.com/games/20110329/MIACLE/gameinfo.html#nbaGIboxscore

LeBron gets a triple-double (27/10/12), shoots nearly 50%, just three turnovers...but he's a -9.

Meanwhile, Dampier has one rebound, three fouls, two turnovers and zero points and shots...is a -5 (better than LeBron).

Joel Anthony, with two boards, two fouls, 0-2 shooting...was a +13.

:lol:

Worst stat in the world.

I'd dropkick the WS and defensive ratings as well...but it would be a waste of my time. No reason for me to believe that Odom (103 defensive rating) is a better defender than Artest (105, and 11th on the team...lol).

Those stats don't cover the individual, they cover the five-man units. If Ron is out there with Blake, Fisher, Caracter and Odom, his defensive rating will suffer because the five-man unit, as a whole, can't play defense. Simple as that.

• Like 2

The comment would be alright if it wasn't coming from the injury riddled, poor offensive, and often dominated Andrew Bynum.

What exactly did he do to "earn" his two own rings? Sit on the bench, injure his dumbass again, or get abused by Amare himself?

Also, I love how everyone associated "soft" with defense. Amare is right because Pau is soft. That doesn't mean he's not a great player because he is, but he's still sure as hell soft.

The fact is it's EVERYTHING!!! Every single stat! Kobe fans always don't want to talk stats... You know why? Cause Jordan and even LeBron kill him in everything.... I'll leave that alone though... Let's just talk Kobe and Pau....

These are the stats that Pau has over Kobe...

FG%, 3P% (lol... I guess Pau has hit 1 of 3 on the season... Still Kobe's 32.1% is horrible), FT%, rpg, BLK, less TOV and only 6 less ppg.... But Kobe shoots 6 more shots a game... So Pau shoots 52.7%... He would make at least 3 more shots a game if he took as many shots as Kobe which means at least 6 more ppg...

Kobe has ppg, apg and STL over Pau...

Advanced stats...

Pau has Kobe at

TS%, eFG%, ORB%, DRB%, TRB%, BLK%, less TOV%, 13 less plays a game ran for aka USG%, Off Rating, Def Rating, OWS, DWS, WS, WS/48

Kobe has Pau at

AST% and STL%.....

So..... Yeah it's not just "bogus stats".... It's almost every single stat! :D

• Owner

In other words, Gasol has advantages in rebounding, FG% and blocks. I'm sure Andrew Bogut has advantages over Kobe in the same stats. Same with Bynum and most bigs.

Less turnovers? Probably, because Kobe handles the ball more. How many bigs have more turnovers than Wade and LeBron? Most.

Offensive and defensive ratings were already crushed by me. Numbers are going to be different due to the role in offense. A second scoring option finds it easier to score the ball when there's one of the greatest scorers of all-time on his team. The defenses are built to stop Bryant, not Gasol. Common knowledge.

You're fighting a losing battle, dude. I could go even further with the debate and show you just how bad I can run those comparisons into the ground, but I'm busy watching and observing the players, not box-scoring my knowledge of the game itself.

In other words, Gasol has advantages in rebounding, FG% and blocks. I'm sure Andrew Bogut has advantages over Kobe in the same stats. Same with Bynum and most bigs.

Less turnovers? Probably, because Kobe handles the ball more. How many bigs have more turnovers than Wade and LeBron? Most.

Offensive and defensive ratings were already crushed by me. Numbers are going to be different due to the role in offense. A second scoring option finds it easier to score the ball when there's one of the greatest scorers of all-time on his team. The defenses are built to stop Bryant, not Gasol. Common knowledge.

You're fighting a losing battle, dude. I could go even further with the debate and show you just how bad I can run those comparisons into the ground, but I'm busy watching and observing the players, not box-scoring my knowledge of the game itself.

You're wrong my friend.....

Even when Kobe was the 2nd option to Shaq, he still wasn't fantastic... Kobe has ALWAYS shot bad %'s in the Finals... With or without Shaq... LeBron's advanced stats are better than Wade's and Dwight's are better than anyone else on the Magic as well.... Jordan's advanced stats were always better than Pippen's except a few points higher in Def Rating...

Well..... There goes that excuse of poor Kobe... He's the #1 threat..... Pau's advanced stats have been better than Kobe's EVERY YEAR since Pau has been a Laker... Pau led the Grizzlies to their only 3 playoff appearances EVER... His numbers have stayed about the same.... Again.... Not like he needed Kobe to boost his stats... He just needed another all-star so he could win rings...

It's funny how Kobe's 3 years by himself the Lakers wins in each season were 34, 45, 42... But with Shaq and Pau he's been to the Finals 7 out of 8 seasons (with Shaq or Pau on the Lakers...)

If Kobe was so great then why couldn't he even get the Lakers out of the 1st rd in any of those 3 years???

If Kobe never had Shaq or Pau then he would be in LeBron's shoes... (before LeBron left for Miami of course...)

Look at the Cavs roster in 07 when he took them to the Finals... Don't tell me Kobe had no help... He just didn't have the best team... That's what he's had the last 3 seasons... A top 3 team (talent wise).

Edited by MaddSkillz

• Owner

You're wrong my friend.....

Even when Kobe was the 2nd option to Shaq, he still wasn't fantastic... Kobe has ALWAYS shot bad %'s in the Finals... With or without Shaq... LeBron's advanced stats are better than Wade's and Dwight's are better than anyone else on the Magic as well.... Jordan's advanced stats were always better than Pippen's except a few points higher in Def Rating...

Shot bad in the Finals? Would you like to see MJ's last three Finals appearances? He shot 40-41% in two of them, and I believe 44% in the other.

And, go take a look at shot attempts. Kobe took more than Shaq every year after the first ring. He was shooting more AND facilitating, AND defending the best player.

Well..... There goes that excuse of poor Kobe... He's the #1 threat..... Pau's advanced stats have been better than Kobe's EVERY YEAR since Pau has been a Laker... Pau led the Grizzlies to their only 3 playoff appearances EVER... His numbers have stayed about the same.... Again.... Not like he needed Kobe to boost his stats... He just needed another all-star so he could win rings...

Gasol didn't have a single playoff win under his belt. Would you like to know how many shots Gasol put up? He never shot 15 FGA a game...ever. It was the Grizzlies' defense and ability to spread the floor that put them in the playoffs. Did you ever see them play?

It's funny how Kobe's 3 years by himself the Lakers wins in each season were 34, 45, 42... But with Shaq and Pau he's been to the Finals 7 out of 8 seasons (with Shaq or Pau on the Lakers...)

The 34-win season was due to injuries. You can go check that out, if you'd like. Hamblen went 10-29. Before the injuries, and coached by Rudy T, the Lakers were a decent 24-19.

Would you like to know what Jordan's record was when he averaged 37 PPG? It was 40-42.

If Kobe was so great then why couldn't he even get the Lakers out of the 1st rd in any of those 3 years???

Smush Parker (not in the NBA), Kwame Brown (barely in the NBA), Luke Walton (basically retired now) and Odom (sixth man now) were starting. I'm assuming you didn't watch the Lakers, though.

If Kobe never had Shaq or Pau then he would be in LeBron's shoes... (before LeBron left for Miami of course...)

Jordan has zero rings without Pippen. In fact, he has zero winning seasons without Scottie. Excellent logic, right?

Look at the Cavs roster in 07 when he took them to the Finals... Don't tell me Kobe had no help... He just didn't have the best team... That's what he's had the last 3 seasons... A top 3 team (talent wise).

The 2007 Cavaliers were 4th defensively, 18th on offense. They won their games due to their defense, and LeBron was heavily criticized for his defense until around 2009.

If you came here for this, you might as well turn around and go back to an easy-going site you can debate on, because you're out of your league, and everyone will eat you alive, eventually. You'll find that out very, very soon.

• Like 1