Dolan Wants Calipari for FO, Coaching

Jammin

Lol, all about the celebrity factor. Cal is a horrific x's and o's guy.

I suppose...but it's hard to argue with the success. One thing he can do is recruit...Lol.

I like D'Antoni. I think he's a very good coach, better than Calipari for sure!

Yeah hiring a guy who made his first Final Four this year would be a great move for a team that is supposedly trying to win a Championship. Calipari would run any NBA team to the ground.

Not sure if that was sarcasm or? Pretty sure Cal has been to three final fours, and on the brink of a Nat'l Champ with Memphis. Am I wrong?

Yeah hiring a guy who made his first Final Four this year would be a great move for a team that is supposedly trying to win a Championship. Calipari would run any NBA team to the ground.

This. His success has come as a result of having the most talent without a salary cap, which won't be the case in NY.

Not sure if that was sarcasm or? Pretty sure Cal has been to three final fours, and on the brink of a Nat'l Champ with Memphis. Am I wrong?

Those were all vacated. This one seems the most legit out of all of them.

Edited by Flash

Check the FedEx Forum and wherever UMass plays and check if their Final Fours banners are still up.

Those were all vacated. This one seems the most legit out of all of them.

Check the FedEx Forum and wherever UMass plays and check if their Final Fours banners are still up.

Lol @ you guys buying into that. His one at UMASS was vacated because Camby took money from an agent? That happens everywhere lmfao. His other ones because Rose didn't take the SAT? I'm sure that happens with regularity for a lot of the top players, as well. He still physically got them there. Could care less if the NCAA (which, let's be honest, probably the most hypocritcal organization/association of all time) "vacated" them. No one really cares if the did anyway...People still consider him one of the top College coaches...

Lol @ you guys buying into that. His one at UMASS was vacated because Camby took money from an agent? That happens everywhere lmfao. His other ones because Rose didn't take the SAT? I'm sure that happens with regularity for a lot of the top players, as well. He still physically got them there. Could care less if the NCAA (which, let's be honest, probably the most hypocritcal organization/association of all time) "vacated" them. No one really cares if the did anyway...People still consider him one of the top College coaches...

Ever heard of World Wide Wes? Runs an agency in Detroit and is magically one of Calipari's good friends. Derick Rose is from Chicago, but I wonder where he took his ACT? How about Detroit, the same place where Cal's good friend Wes resides. I don't care if the NCAA is yet to punish Calipari. He has [expletive]ed over every program he has worked in and he just happens to leave every time the shit is about to hit the fan. He'll stay at Kentucky, probably win a couple of National Championships with one-and-dones who can't read the name on their jersey, but I'll never see him for anymore than the slime ball he actually is.

That still doesn't hide the fact that he's an average coach when it comes to x's and o's. He's never won a title at the collegiate level. This isn't Coach K, Roy Williams, Rick Pitino or Bill Self we're talking about.

How many college coaches actually succeed in the NBA? Larry Brown and who else? Pitino, Jerry Tarkanian, PJ Carlesimo, Tim Floyd, Lon Kruger, Mike Montgomery, Leonard Hamilton, Sidney Lowe all were good to great college coaches that failed miserably in the NBA. Calipari failed when he was the coach of the Nets. Granted it was NJ but still.

NY needs another coach to take the next step, but Calipari isn't it.

How about Dolan just taking a backseat and letting Donnie Walsh handle things. He's done a nice job so far. I trust him more than the guy that wants to keep Isiah Thomas aroud.

How many college coaches actually succeed in the NBA? Larry Brown and who else? Pitino, Jerry Tarkanian, PJ Carlesimo, Tim Floyd, Lon Kruger, Mike Montgomery, Leonard Hamilton, Sidney Lowe all were good to great college coaches that failed miserably in the NBA. Calipari failed when he was the coach of the Nets. Granted it was NJ but still.

NY needs another coach to take the next step, but Calipari isn't it.

How about Dolan just taking a backseat and letting Donnie Walsh handle things. He's done a nice job so far. I trust him more than the guy that wants to keep Isiah Thomas aroud.

Didn't really fail as much as bad timing. He got the highest win total for a season that decade then had some unlucky injuries.

Didn't really fail as much as bad timing. He got the highest win total for a season that decade then had some unlucky injuries.

He was 3-17 to start the season. If it was only about the injuries he wouldn't have gotten fired. He failed because he lost his player's respect (though arguably they never respected him to begin with).

The thing about college coaches in the NBA, they struggle putting their egos in check. In college, the coaches are the brand, they're the important onces, they have more power than anyone and the players fall in line.

In the NBA, you're dealing with grown men. They don't need (or want) a father figure, they want to be equals in a business relationship even though the players know they're more important than the coach. You can't be a screamer like Knight or Carlesimo because then a Sprewell incident happens.

There's a lot more managing personalities than X's and O's and that's where I think college coaches fail in the NBA.

I think Rick Adelman would be a good coach for the Knicks, if he leaves Houston. He's been close, just ran into some great teams. In the 80s it was the Showtime Lakers, made it to the Finals to meet Isiah Thomas and Jordan with Phil Jackson, in the early 2000s Phil and the Lakers bounced him three times, they build a solid Rockets team and they take Phil and the Lakers to 7 games in 2009. I think he can do a good job for NY. Underappreciated coach.

Edited by ?QuestionMark?

He was 3-17 to start the season. If it was only about the injuries he wouldn't have gotten fired. He failed because he lost his player's respect (though arguably they never respected him to begin with).

The thing about college coaches in the NBA, they struggle putting their egos in check. In college, the coaches are the brand, they're the important onces, they have more power than anyone and the players fall in line.

In the NBA, you're dealing with grown men. They don't need (or want) a father figure, they want to be equals in a business relationship even though the players know they're more important than the coach. You can't be a screamer like Knight or Carlesimo because then a Sprewell incident happens.

There's a lot more managing personalities than X's and O's and that's where I think college coaches fail in the NBA.

I think Rick Adelman would be a good coach for the Knicks, if he leaves Houston. He's been close, just ran into some great teams. In the 80s it was the Showtime Lakers, made it to the Finals to meet Isiah Thomas and Jordan with Phil Jackson, in the early 2000s Phil and the Lakers bounced him three times, they build a solid Rockets team and they take Phil and the Lakers to 7 games in 2009. I think he can do a good job for NY. Underappreciated coach.

It was the shortened season and Cassell got injured right away. If Avery started next season and Deron Williams got hurt in the first game, I wouldn't blame him for a 3-17 start.

It was the shortened season and Cassell got injured right away. If Avery started next season and Deron Williams got hurt in the first game, I wouldn't blame him for a 3-17 start.

That's my point. I don't blame Calipari for the injuries. Something else got him fired. He lost respect from his players, namely Jayson Williams.

Ever heard of World Wide Wes? Runs an agency in Detroit and is magically one of Calipari's good friends. Derick Rose is from Chicago, but I wonder where he took his ACT? How about Detroit, the same place where Cal's good friend Wes resides. I don't care if the NCAA is yet to punish Calipari. He has [expletive]ed over every program he has worked in and he just happens to leave every time the shit is about to hit the fan. He'll stay at Kentucky, probably win a couple of National Championships with one-and-dones who can't read the name on their jersey, but I'll never see him for anymore than the slime ball he actually is.

Oh no you raise some great points. I don't like him either. Just saying he's definitely been very successful and each year you know his team will be talented as hell no mattter where he is.

That still doesn't hide the fact that he's an average coach when it comes to x's and o's. He's never won a title at the collegiate level. This isn't Coach K, Roy Williams, Rick Pitino or Bill Self we're talking about.

I know, still the best recruiter, he gets the guys lol. How he's able to actually get the one and done's all the time with little backlash is pretty amazing...I don't like the guy either. Just saying. (so they "vacate" the victories? Does it matter? Cmon guys. Like anyone gives a [expletive] they vacated the final fours of the Fab Five too...people still remember them and no one cares...)