GM1: Memphis at San Antonio

13 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Grizzlies are trash, most over rated team in awhile.

Anyway I originally said the Spurs in 5, I'll stick with that if Manu only misses 1 game.

As of right now Manu is doubtful for game 1 :( :( :( :(.

Pop is a [expletive]ing moron for micro managing minutes all year and then playing the starters in game 82 and having Manu go down.

FML we have horrible [expletive]ing luck.

Manu Update:

Manu Ginobili listed as doubtful for Game 1

Manu Ginobili (right elbow sprain) has been listed as doubtful for Sunday's playoff opener against the Grizzlies.

The MRI on Ginobili's non-shooting elbow showed a sprain, which doesn't tell us much. The fact that he is considered "doubtful" instead of "out" is a good sign, but this kind of injury can be slow-healing if there is significant ligament damage. Look for George Hill to start on Sunday

Wow. Manu is HUGE for them. I dont see them winning Game 1 at all. Duncan is gonna have to dominate, but hel have his hands full with Randolph, not to mention Gasol. Grizzlies missing Rudy Gay is made up for with the Spurs missing Manu.

Wow. Manu is HUGE for them. I dont see them winning Game 1 at all. Duncan is gonna have to dominate, but hel have his hands full with Randolph, not to mention Gasol. Grizzlies missing Rudy Gay is made up for with the Spurs missing Manu.

We're been playing without Rudy for the entire second half of the season, and we still managed to make the playoffs and play some pretty good basketball. Loosing Rudy just put our focus on defense.

With or without Manu, Spurs will take the first game with ease. Spurs bench will come in big, I think Neal and Bonner will go for 12+.

This ^^^^ although I have a strange feeling Manu will play anyway.

As for the Grizzlies, if Manu doesn't play and they lose that is going to KILL their confidence.

Manu Facebook/Twitter Post

"MRI showed an elbow sprain (Ulnar collateral ligament). I'm doubtful 4 sunday. Hope to make it. The pain is almost gone. Thx!"

Great news!!! Even if he does miss game 1, he'll be back for 2 for sure.

Edited by Finch23

I think Jefferson will be the X factor in these series. He needs to play well for his team to win especially since Ginobili is injured for game 1!! I'm especially going to look at Hill. Love this player! Lots LOTS of potential

Both teams aren't playing great defense but the reason why the score is only 45-43 at halftime is that there isn't enough fast breaks. They slow the game way too much and don't push it enough! Seems pretty close so far with the Grizzlies up by 2.

Other than that, I love watching Duncan when it's playoffs time! It's another total mentality! Has 12 points and 7 rebounds and also one block!

Tony needs to play better defense on Conley though! The dude is balling!

Quite a nice game so far.

Glad to see the Grizzlies leading by two at the half. They've been quite impressive especially defensively... I agree with ABL this series might definitely be close than most people think.

Now good news for the Spurs Duncan seems to be at his very best. However I certainly do not believe that he can play at this level during all the playoffs games. Besides he cannot play as much as he used to. And this is gonna be the main problem for the Spurs in the playoffs. Of course they didn't need a Duncan at his best to be the best team in the regular season but the playoffs are different. It's there that you need your leader. You can have some success during the regular season without your best player but in the playoffs it's just impossible, you need your leader at his best. Now it's true that Ginobili can be their go to guy, he already had many times in the past, but, as good as Manu is (and he sure is), the fact is that he is not Tim Duncan. Besides, if he can make his team win all by himself, he also can make it lose all by himself...

And that's the main reason why, even if I think that the Spurs will eventually beat the Grizzlies, I do not believe in San Antonio this year. And the Grizzlies definitely have a shot in this series, especially if Many were to miss more games...

Well anyhow I hope the Grizzlies are gonna get this first game.