GM1: New Orleans at LA Lakers

21 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Pau not only sucked on offense and on stats sheet but he also sucked on defense and hustle. NOTHING he did today was right. He only had 1 or 2 great post moves. Other than that, it was bad decisions,taking jump shots when the Lakers will have plenty of time on the shot clock. This kind of Pau is a soft one. This kind of Pau sucks and this kind of Pau won't get the Lakers far. Kobe can't do it alone. Yeah he's a great player but he needs his team to show up. Other than that, it was a very nice performance from Kobe and Ron Artest who both played extremely well.

As for the Hornets, they were balling this afternoon! Chris Paul had a huge game and finished with a great line: 33 points 14 assists 7 rebounds 4 steals. WHY? Because on some occasions, Pau decided to screw up Lakers' defense and play defense on him! Anyways, Jack also played really well off the bench for New Orleans and finished with 15 points 5 assists 4 rebounds and came up huge in this 2nd half. I also liked what Landry did! Even though he's undersized compared to Pau and Bynum, he managed to get 17 points against them and also grab 5 rebounds!

Unfortunately for the Hornets, Aaron Gray got injured in the last 2 minutes of the game! Now it gives less length to this Hornets team. David West and Aaron Gray will now be out for the Hornets in game 2. Another bad news is that the Lakers will wake up in game 2. Expect a good performance from Kobe and Pau (Kobe better talk to Pau)

very frustrating game to watch for lakers on BOTH ends of the floor, i mean pau has these horrible defensive games, but he usually does at least SOME damage on the offensive end....nothing today...he gotta step up BIG time

Should be interesting to see how LA responds; they don't usually lose Gm 1. The vet group they are, I expect them to bounce back and take the series in six. But, not a good start by any means for LA today. CP3 was much better than I thought he'd be.

This is a scary loss. A double double and a VERY efficient game from Ron Artest is not something that is consistently given to the Lakers, but they got it this afternoon. Bynum was a rebound away from a double double. Kobe went off for 34 and Fisher had a respectable contribution(although his defense was exposed by Paul as was expected). You have to take advantage of performances like this, but Gasoft didn't do shit. Two for nine with 8 points? From a guy that should be getting 20 a night, that is inexcusable. Trey Johnson looked like he was willing to contribute, but was limited by his short playing time. Shannon Brown gave his normal game and Odom gave a decent performance, but these two need to bring more in this series. The biggest problem was defense. You can't let a team shoot over 50% if you want to win a ball game. Chris Paul just carved the Lakers up. I know Trey Johnson probably won't be a starting player in this league, but damn, I think the Phil needs to look into giving him 15 minutes if he plays well, because that might help the team. The Lakers have no bench after Brown/Odom(Barnes could be a factor but he didn't show up), and it really shows. Meanwhile, NO's bench had 39 points; more than Fisher/Gasol/Bynum combined.

For all the talk of the Lakers monster front court, the Hornets dominated the paint. Out rebounding the Hornets didn't make up for that. Too many turnovers for the Lakers on offense. They shot a better three point percentage(+6 from three) and had a higher free throw percentage on the same amount of attempts(+3 from the line). Other than Gasoft, the offense wasn't an issue in this game. 100 points should be plenty for the Lakers to win, and the defense is usually much better than today. Hopefully they get it together.

Edited by Rainbow Dash

The Lakers will definitely bounce back in game 2. But honestly I kind of expected the hornets to win today. To many people were underestimating this team and I'm sure the Lakers did aswell. I expect them to take game 2 though and play better defense otherwise they'll end up going to 7 games against New Orleans like they did against us a couple of years ago.

Just something to remember, the second best player on the Hornets is out for the year. Making this win that much more impressive.

The second best player for the Lakers was also out, so it was mostly a fair match...

This post is filled with sarcasm!

• Owner

Kobe also missing his last 6 shots down the stretch didn't help either.

Three of them were in the final 1:37, and the game was already over (a layup and a tip count as two of them as well). That's part of the reason why Kobe's percentages look bad, and people don't consider him shooting during 8-10 point deficits, launching prayers or doing anything to get a call (unfortunately, he doesn't get 20 free throws a game, so there's no point in it).

Kobe's three misses, while the Lakers were within 3-5 points, are what you should be talking about...but even then, it didn't matter because the Lakers weren't going to win if they were letting CP3 get what he wanted (CP3 had six points during and a few seconds after those three Kobe misses).

The last person you should be talking about, in a negative light, is Kobe.