GM4: San Antonio at Memphis (MEM 2-1)

Grizzles interior defense is way better than I expected. Man if this team had Rudy Gay...

...they'd be more perimeter oriented, and have fewer minutes for defensive aces like Battier and Allen. The Grizz start Tony Allen and Sam Young and still score. Their offense is fine.

• Like 1

All of the Grizzles guards have active hands, they are making life hell for Manu. They're playing hands down the best defense in the postseason thus far.

The Spurs look confused out there, Jefferson is wobbling passes, Bonner decides to throw the ball away on a inbound when he should have called a timeout, fastbreaks are a mess, and the Grizzles bench is smoking them.

...they'd be more perimeter oriented, and have fewer minutes for defensive aces like Battier and Allen. The Grizz start Tony Allen and Sam Young and still score. Their offense is fine.

For this series. They are going to hit a roadblock against OKC.

Edited by Confidence248

For this series. They are going to hit a roadblock against OKC.

I mean yeah, you can never have enough firepower, and it would be nice to have a guy who could make Durant work on defense. Look at it this way though. The Grizzlies have a trio of guys they can use to check Durant who'll live to tell about it. Also Gay's gameplan of taking two dribbles and simply elevating over his defender won't work against Durant. Gay's really good, but he's not a special player.

OKC is much tougher and more athletic inside than Memphis is anyway. That's a bad matchup for the Grizzlies, with or without Gay.

Also, one thing about the Spurs, they're completely perimeter oriented and run their offense to generate threes. The Grizzlies are closing out pretty well and jumpers are fallible in the postseason. I wrote this in my Spurs breakdown earlier in the year, this years Spurs team is the kind of team the past Spurs would destroy in the playoffs. They have more in common with old Phoenix teams than with old Spurs team, except the Spurs have a better bench,

• Owner

Even against the Thunder, I like Battier more than Gay. Assuming the Grizzlies are still rotating well on the defensive end, Battier contesting Durant's jumpers feels like the better option. If Rudy is on the floor, he's playing the majority of the minutes, and I doubt Battier would get enough playing time (and, well, I doubt Memphis even makes the trade for Battier if Gay was never injured).

Crazy to see the Grizz up 3-1 though. I figured the series may go seven, Spurs winning it, but would've never guessed this.

Like Real Deal I thought the Grizzlies would give the Spurs a tough time but 3-1? Wow. We may be witnessing the biggest upset since the Mavs-Warriors series.