GM1: Memphis at Oklahoma City

11 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This is an interesting series. The Grizzlies can obviously slow down Durant with a bunch of good defensive SF's. But the key is will the Thunder be able to neutralize the Grizzlies biggest advantage which has gotten them this far (inside presence).

Russell is playing like crap.. Too much turnovers and too much bad offensive decisions. Grizzlies leading by 11 points WOW

Didnt even know this game was on lol, missed the whole first quarter. <_<

Anyways, Vasquez has been impressive off the bench for Memphis. Both teams seem like they dont want to play defense today.

lol I hope you're joking.. the Grizzlies defense is locked down. Both teams blocking some shots in this 2nd quarter as well... I love these 2 teams because they're two really good defensive teams that will sacrifice their body on every play if they have to

lol I hope you're joking.. the Grizzlies defense is locked down. Both teams blocking some shots in this 2nd quarter as well... I love these 2 teams because they're two really good defensive teams that will sacrifice their body on every play if they have to

I posted that at the end of the first quarter when it was 28-24.... smh

I posted that at the end of the first quarter when it was 28-24.... smh

Even if the score is big it doesn't mean they're not playing good defense.. just look at the Grizzlies right now! The only bad defensive play I saw from the Thunder is right now on Zach Randolph leaving him with the open three.

The Grizzlies never cease to astound me... This team really is unbelievable.

In the first round, I thought that they would be a tough match up for the Spurs but that San Antonio would eventually win at the end of game 6 or 7. Well not only Memphis won but they clearly DOMINATED the Spurs. They should even have won 4-1 if the Spurs didn't steal game 5.

I was a bit scared for the Grizz at the end of game 6, when the Spurs took the lead, but Memphis reacted rightaway, they played like an expericend team. And Zack has just been fantastic...

So today I certailny can't say that I'm surprised to see them leading so far. And I certainly wouldn't be surprised if Memphis went to the WCF. Besides when we look at it, they are even an overall better team than the Thunder. They have a better chemistry, defense and bench than them, and Zack Randolph is for me the playoffs MVP so far. So honestly Westbrooks better wake up or else...

I'm even starting to believe that the Grizzlies could make the Finals. Okay I'm exaggerating a bit and to be perfectly honest I believe that the winner of Mavs-Lakers will be the West champs, but if Memphis keep playing that well who knows...

Well I love both Memphis and OKC anyhow, so whatever happens I'm sure I'm gonna enjoy this series.

Edited by Oliver P

This game is almost exactly like the Thunder/LA series from last year. The Thunder can score and keep it close due to the talent of Durant and Westbrook offensively, but they are getting absolutely dominated inside by the length of Randolph and Gasol.

OKC has played relatively well on defense during the initial offensive possession, but they just can't finish the play off with getting the rebound. Even when Randolph or Gasol aren't coming down with the rebound themselves, they are able to keep the play alive and allow one of the wing players to come in and get the board off of a tip out or something like that.

The Thunder are the better team, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if they end up losing this series simply because of how outmatched they are down low against Randolph and Gasol.

I'm really starting to believe this Grizzlies team can represent the West in the Finals...

LA's bigs vs the Gizz's bigs would be a fun matchup to watch.

I am loving the way the Girzz run their offense, they go toward the mismatch every single time, and everyone is a willing passer.

What an amazing game for the Memphis Grizzlies. After knocking down the best team in the league, they come in the second round and beat the Thunder who have been 19-7 since the big trade of Perkins and Jeff Green. Their defense was outstanding as well as their hustle and their ball movement. Totally deserved that win. Congrats to Memphis. Zach and Marc were insane. Especially Zach

Memphis pushed the pace against OKC, and as a result, the defense couldn't handle it. When Perk left the game, Memphis drove and cut in the lane, and when he came back in, Randolph took advantage of the mismatch with his midrange game.

I think the Grizz were more prepared for this series because they came off a huge series win against the Spurs, while the OKC had come off a series against the defensively soft Nuggets. Big difference there.

In order for OKC to win, Westbrook has to get on Rondo's level in terms of defense and pressure Conley.

The Grizz stuck to their blueprint for success which was playing aggressive defense/forcing turnovers and getting strong play out of their frontcourt.

Also Westbrook has got to be the worst playmaking star pg in the league. I love the dude but he plays with a scorers mentality, and that isn't good for the Thunder at times. He should NEVER put up more shots than Durant.