Which Phone?!

13 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Only AT&T phones fellas, which one should I get? The only reason I'm not picking the iPhone 4 is because the 5th one is coming out in a few months and I might regret it lol, but I also can't wait those few months. I need a new phone by next week.

Also the HTC inspire android got great reviews from what I've seen, some saying it's better than the iPhone.

But then again, I still can't pick, haha. So help me out!

http://www.geeky-gadgets.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/white-iphone-4.jpg

http://hothardware.com/newsimages/Item13438/iphone-4-black.jpg

http://www.theandroidphone.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/HTC_Inspire.jpg

I have alot of friends that have the HTC Inspire and they love the phone, mainly because it is different, and it is quick.

I have the Samsung Fascinate, also a very sick phone no problems with it yet and its been about year. I think its on sale right now as well so if AT&T supports it you might wanna take a look.

http://www.mobilecrunch.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/37543_Samsung-Fascinate_front1_LR.jpeg

:wub:

New idea, buy the iPhone 3GS for $49, and then upgrade to the iPhone 5 when it comes out. Bang.

Not that simple. On my plan, once you buy a phone and agree to the next 2 year extension, you can't upgrade your phone again (unless you want to pay full price for the phone - which at the time of the iphone 5 release - will be probably 500 or 600 dollars).....

Not that simple. On my plan, once you buy a phone and agree to the next 2 year extension, you can't upgrade your phone again (unless you want to pay full price for the phone - which at the time of the iphone 5 release - will be probably 500 or 600 dollars).....

Damn on mine if you are going up grade before your free upgrade time, you only have to pay half of some shit if the original price. It was just an idea anyways, something he could look into.

If price is not an issue for you then the iPhone is without a doubt the best option.

I have an iPhone4 I have upgraded all the way since the old 3G lol... Apple has robbed me of paychecks over and over but it's the best, I use the crap out of the phone for just about everything.

Damn on mine if you are going up grade before your free upgrade time, you only have to pay half of some shit if the original price. It was just an idea anyways, something he could look into.

Yeah, I'm going to check that out.

Everywhere I go, everyone has an iPhone. Whenever I see an Android it seems so much more sick to me for some reason, imo.

But the white iPhone is sexy, but then again when the 5 comes out I'ma be pissed for 2-3 years lol.

This is bigger than LeBron's decision guys. :P

I'll ask the guy at the store for details on each but the two choices leading this poll are my top two as well.

:lmao:

I don't see what's so funny about what I said. Microsoft never had a video game console until the Xbox game out, and now it is dominating the market.

Do you even know what Nokia is? Well, in case you don't or if you're just completely retarded, Nokia is BY FARRRR the worlds largest cell phone provider. Hmmmm...largest cell phone provider......plus Microsoft.....plus lots of major publications crunching numbers leads me to believe that Microsoft will be dominating the market in about three years.

Do you know which phone has been having the better sales lately between the iphone and the Windows phone? Oh, that's right, the Windows phone has been selling much better in recent months than the iphone.

Maybe you should do some research before you type.

Edited by EastCoastNiner

I don't see what's so funny about what I said. Microsoft never had a video game console until the Xbox game out, and now it is dominating the market.

Do you even know what Nokia is? Well, in case you don't or if you're just completely retarded, Nokia is BY FARRRR the worlds largest cell phone provider. Hmmmm...largest cell phone provider......plus Microsoft.....plus lots of major publications crunching numbers leads me to believe that Microsoft will be dominating the market in about three years.

Do you know which phone has been having the better sales lately between the iphone and the Windows phone? Oh, that's right, the Windows phone has been selling much better in recent months than the iphone.

Maybe you should do some research before you type.

This isn't Microsoft's first cell phone operating system. They used to have a big market share actually, which you probably didn't know.

Nokia isn't a cell phone provider, so I wouldn't call someone retarded.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/g/a/2011/05/03/businessinsider-microsoft-has-sold-only-674000-windows-phones-estimates-analyst-2011-5.DTL

What a surprise, the sales are horrible. Combined with the fact MS won't give actual numbers shows how bad it is.

Nokia has been declining for quite some time now. They still have a strong userbase, but that is because you don't buy phones on contract for the most part in Eurasia. The reason they have high use is because of their dumbphones, not because of smartphones. Symbian is a mess as an OS.

http://media.precentral.net/resources/images/000/102/081/original/nielsen-next-smartphone-os.png

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.engadget.com/media/2011/04/4-26-2011-devchart1.jpg

http://www.engadget.com/2011/04/26/windows-phone-and-blackberry-struggle-to-attract-developer-atten/

Sorry, but before you call someone that has nothing better to do with their time than read tech news a retard, maybe you shouldn't open your mouth(of course, this is hard for you to do. you always talk about shit you don't fully grasp the meaning of). Buying a WP7 based device is a big mistake. Hell, MS is alienating a good amount of users just by lack of OS X support. What other major cell phone OS is surviving by alienating a possible consumer base? I know that technically the iPhone doesn't support Linux, but I don't think many of the hardcore Linux users would want an iPhone anyway.

By the way, how the [expletive] is Microsoft dominating the video game market? The highest selling current generation console is the Wii. Microsoft has no handheld penetration, that market being completely dominated by the DS. The XBOX doesn't have any ground in Asia, and its been 10 years. The XBOX has no exclusive games in the NPD top 10 for March: http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gamehunters/post/2011/04/npd-nintendo-tops-march-video-game-sales-with-3ds-and-pokemon-white-and-black/1

By the way, have you actually read anything about WP7 features or used it? It was outdated before launch(no copy and paste, really? even WM6 had this LOL. Multitasking is worse than WM6.) They did a GSM only launch. Not really a good idea seeing as AT&T is completely dominated by the iPhone and T-Mobile has some of the better Android devices. Completely closed out Sprint and Verizon at launch. Sprint is finally on board now, but still no Verizon. Gee, what a smart business idea to lock out the largest cellular provider in the US.

Edited by Rainbow Dash
  • Like 2

This isn't Microsoft's first cell phone operating system. They used to have a big market share actually, which you probably didn't know.

Nokia isn't a cell phone provider, so I wouldn't call someone retarded.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/g/a/2011/05/03/businessinsider-microsoft-has-sold-only-674000-windows-phones-estimates-analyst-2011-5.DTL

What a surprise, the sales are horrible. Combined with the fact MS won't give actual numbers shows how bad it is.

Nokia has been declining for quite some time now. They still have a strong userbase, but that is because you don't buy phones on contract for the most part in Eurasia. The reason they have high use is because of their dumbphones, not because of smartphones. Symbian is a mess as an OS.

http://media.precentral.net/resources/images/000/102/081/original/nielsen-next-smartphone-os.png

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.engadget.com/media/2011/04/4-26-2011-devchart1.jpg

http://www.engadget.com/2011/04/26/windows-phone-and-blackberry-struggle-to-attract-developer-atten/

Sorry, but before you call someone that has nothing better to do with their time than read tech news a retard, maybe you shouldn't open your mouth(of course, this is hard for you to do. you always talk about shit you don't fully grasp the meaning of). Buying a WP7 based device is a big mistake. Hell, MS is alienating a good amount of users just by lack of OS X support. What other major cell phone OS is surviving by alienating a possible consumer base? I know that technically the iPhone doesn't support Linux, but I don't think many of the hardcore Linux users would want an iPhone anyway.

By the way, how the [expletive] is Microsoft dominating the video game market? The highest selling current generation console is the Wii. Microsoft has no handheld penetration, that market being completely dominated by the DS. The XBOX doesn't have any ground in Asia, and its been 10 years. The XBOX has no exclusive games in the NPD top 10 for March: http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gamehunters/post/2011/04/npd-nintendo-tops-march-video-game-sales-with-3ds-and-pokemon-white-and-black/1

By the way, have you actually read anything about WP7 features or used it? It was outdated before launch(no copy and paste, really? even WM6 had this LOL. Multitasking is worse than WM6.) They did a GSM only launch. Not really a good idea seeing as AT&T is completely dominated by the iPhone and T-Mobile has some of the better Android devices. Completely closed out Sprint and Verizon at launch. Sprint is finally on board now, but still no Verizon. Gee, what a smart business idea to lock out the largest cellular provider in the US.

Are you really that dumb? Nokia is the worlds largest cell phone supplier. I don't get how that is hard for you to grasp. It's factual.

Why should the have the release their numbers? They have said they are "roughly" in line with those of Apple and other smartphones, and they are taking a different, and smarter approach than those companies. Not to mentioned multiple research companies have the WIndows Phone surpassing RIM and Apple's iOS to be the second ranked smartphone operating system by 2015.

Also, why are you bring up Symbian when that's not even the OS that is being used? :lol: .

We'll wait and see, and as usual, I will prevail.

Edited by EastCoastNiner

Are you really that dumb? Nokia is the worlds largest cell phone supplier. I don't get how that is hard for you to grasp. It's factual.

Why should the have the release their numbers? They have said they are "roughly" in line with those of Apple and other smartphones, and they are taking a different, and smarter approach than those companies. Not to mentioned multiple research companies have the WIndows Phone surpassing RIM and Apple's iOS to be the second ranked smartphone operating system by 2015.

Also, why are you bring up Symbian when that's not even the OS that is being used? :lol: .

We'll wait and see, and as usual, I will prevail.

I never disputed they were the largest cell phone manufacturer, but you said they were a provider, when they are not.

Roughly in line with Apple? Really? They caught up with what Apple did in 4 years in just a few months? That is great business then. I know you're talking in that span, and the fact is that you're wrong. Apple probably moved more than 680k units(thats what Microsoft moved) in that time on Verizon alone, let alone on AT&T. I know that Android has surpassed iOS in marketshare. There is no way WP7's sales are anywhere near either OS.

Who cares about BBOS at this point? It is dying. Symbian does matter because its hows that Nokia's venture into the smart phone world isn't very successful. If Eurasia doesn't buy Nokia smartphones, what makes you think they'll buy Nokia smartphones with WP7? Microsoft has had plenty of manufacturers for WP7 and WM in the past: HTC, Samsung, Sony, Palm, etc.

What is your source for these 'multiple research companies' other than your ass? I provided direct research from Nielson showing that consumers do not want WP7.

You still seem to think that MS is a company learning and will adopt a base. The fact is most people that have used smartphones and pocketpcs over the years already have a bad taste of what MS is offering from their experiences with WM and WPPC. Microsoft once had one of the largest user bases, and it dwindled down to do their shitty support. WM7 is pretty shitty. Sorry that you fail to understand any of this.

Edited by Rainbow Dash
  • Like 3

Honestly, [expletive] all that tech-noise.. Go to a store and test out each phone. That's what I did. I absolutely LOVE my iPhone, but I know poeple who swear by both Blackberries and Android phones so it's really personal preference.

I personally think that the iPhone is the best phone on the market because of it's ease-of-use, massive selection of apps, and speedy processor. Unless you're a hardcore tech nerd, you're not gunna notice a .3 of a second difference when it comes to loading apps, but again it's all personal preference. I use my iPhone for EVERYTHING. Googling everything, listening/searching for songs, playing games, awesome camera (digi-cam quality in the right light), flashlight, photo editor etc etc everything you need, can be done with the iPhone.

Honestly, [expletive] all that tech-noise.. Go to a store and test out each phone. That's what I did. I absolutely LOVE my iPhone, but I know poeple who swear by both Blackberries and Android phones so it's really personal preference.

I personally think that the iPhone is the best phone on the market because of it's ease-of-use, massive selection of apps, and speedy processor. Unless you're a hardcore tech nerd, you're not gunna notice a .3 of a second difference when it comes to loading apps, but again it's all personal preference. I use my iPhone for EVERYTHING. Googling everything, listening/searching for songs, playing games, awesome camera (digi-cam quality in the right light), flashlight, photo editor etc etc everything you need, can be done with the iPhone.

I'd notice not being able to use facetime over 3G ;)

but yeah, I'd go with an iPhone on AT&T too. Just wait for the iPhone 5 if you can