GM5: Boston at Miami (MIA 3-1)

Real Deal

Funny how the biggest shot of the game came from the man with the smallest contract on the court: James Jones.

LeBron hit the go ahead bucket and everything after, so not sure how you came to that conclusion.

BTW, Fish, Chicago is 3-0 vs Miami last time I checked.

LeBron hit the go ahead bucket and everything after, so not sure how you came to that conclusion.

Boston had a pretty good record against them too, no? I think the Mavs will give Miami the best series from here on out, if either team makes it that far...

They're crying because this meant a lot to them. Cavs and Heat got eliminated by The Celtics last year and LBJ and Wade took that to heart. Because winners and champions want revenge. I'm very happy for the Heat! Congrats

That was ridiculous. I'm completely shocked right now. We all just witnessed the downfall of the short big three era in Boston. I've lost all faith in them moving forward, they looked completely done out there in the fourth. Physically, they just can't handle a long run in the playoffs...and this was coming off a sweep in the first round.

I thought Dwyane got a ton of favorable calls in that game, but there's no excuses for Boston, they gave this game away.

They're crying because this meant a lot to them. Cavs and Heat got eliminated by The Celtics last year and LBJ and Wade took that to heart. Because winners and champions want revenge. I'm very happy for the Heat! Congrats

lol Wade wasn't crying like he had won it all, because Wade knows that this win is little in the grand scheme of things.

Fishy, Boston's wins came before the Perkins trade

And Boston was 3-1 vs. Miami.

Every game we played against Chicago was close. They could definitely beat us, but they haven't been playing terribly well so far in the playoffs. If Chicago does in fact win their series, which they should, it should make for a great series. In terms of the remaining teams though, the one team that really really scares me is the Mavs.

Edited by platoon793

That was ridiculous. I'm completely shocked right now. We all just witnessed the downfall of the short big three era in Boston. I've lost all faith in them moving forward, they looked completely done out there in the fourth. Physically, they just can't handle a long run in the playoffs...and this was coming off a sweep in the first round.

I thought Dwyane got a ton of favorable calls in that game, but there's no excuses for Boston, they gave this game away.

I almost felt like it was a passing of the torch in that series, from big 3 to big 3...especially because Miami beat Boston where Boston was strongest and that's at the end of the game...and probably where Miami seemed to be weakest...

And Boston was 3-1 vs. Miami.

Every game we played against Chicago was close. They could definitely beat us, but they haven't been playing terribly well so far in the playoffs. If Chicago does in fact win their series, which they should, it should make for a great series. In terms of the remaining teams though, the one team that really really scares me is the Mavs.

and what were you after the Perkins trade? 1-0 Miami or 1-1? Can't remember. That record means shit since Boston lost their defensive anchor

I could care less about our record against Chicago. In the regular season people were saying we can't beat the top teams, we can't close out games, and we can't defend the post or rebound. Now its the playoffs and we closed out two tough games and beat a really good team 4 times. If the freaking Hawks (no offense to the Hawks) can give them a series, what makes you think they will walk over us?

Edited by SRV

I could care less about our record against Chicago. In the regular season people were saying we can't beat the top teams, we can't close out games, and we can't defend the post or rebound. Now its the playoffs and we closed out two tough games and beat a really good team 4 times. If the freaking Hawks (no offense to the Hawks) can give them a series, what makes you think they will talk over us?

Those 'freaking' hawks just handled Orlando, when Joe Johnson plays well they are a very tough team to beat...I still think Chicago will give Miami a good series...

Chicago isn't old and slow on the defensive end. They have a center, a viable backup center, and a viable backup power forward(sorry but Booze is shit on defense). They also have great perimeter defenders. Boston used to be great on defense, but now...cmon, they had to play Big Baby/Kristic all night, both whom are liabilities on defense

Those 'freaking' hawks just handled Orlando, when Joe Johnson plays well they are a very tough team to beat...I still think Chicago will give Miami a good series...

Yea, its gonna be a good series....but its not gonna be a blowout like the regular season series, even though 2 of those games could have gone either way.

Terrific game for Lebron.

Yep they looked done to me too. Not to make excuses but they were playing the 4th quarter without their point guard and center. Regardless the big three is no longer a "big three". I think they can make the Conference Finals next year with a healthy Rondo and if they can sign a legitimate starting center.

I don't know about you guys, but after watching this series, I have very little confidence in any team other than Miami winning it all this year. Chicago just doesn't have the firepower to beat them, Boozer has played terrible, and their offense is relying to heavily on Rose. Yeah, Memphis has the size advantage and have great perimeter defense, but LBJ and Wade are legends in the making, they will find a way to dominate. Dallas also has the size advantage, but again, LBJ and Wade are just too much.

That last minute of this game was all I needed to see in order to believe they will win it all. (This is coming from someone who doubted them all year up until this very moment).

• Like 1

That sucked. The Celtics just couldn't seal the deal, and missed too many opportunities.

I don't deny the fact the the Heat attack the rim a lot more than the Celtics, but some of those calls down the stretch were pretty weak, mainly the call on Kristic. It's not the reason they lost, but there needs to be more consistency.

LeBron is finally shutting up a lot of his doubters, making clutch shot after clutch shot. He's the best player in the NBA right now, and it's not even close. Wade played well, but LeBron is still on a totally different level then him right now.

• Like 1

Congrats to Miami, they were able to close out at the end of last two games, they deserved it. Sucks we didnt have Rondo healthy as I would have liked to see how we would do but you cant change that, Miami beat us.

Not sure where we go from here to be honest. Definitely need to add some guys if we want another shot. Big 3 will keep getting older and while I think they can all still play, they cant go as long or quite as good as before so we will need something. Perkins trade just keeps feeling worse and worse. Might have cost us the title.

You wonder how different this Boston team would be if Ainge never took the gamble of dealing for Krstic and Green. The Celtics received two key guys for their bench, but Perkins gave them one of the few advantages they had over Miami, as noted when the trade went down.

Terrific final 2 minutes for Lebron.

Fixed. ;)

He had an average game before the closing minutes. Too many turnovers, and at one point was shooting 6-15 if I remember correctly.

Yep they looked done to me too. Not to make excuses but they were playing the 4th quarter without their point guard and center.

West was playing great, and was making smart decisions. There wasn't much Rondo could do, he could barely shoot the ball tonight.

Regardless the big three is no longer a "big three". I think they can make the Conference Finals next year with a healthy Rondo and if they can sign a legitimate starting center.

Way too early to tell right now, but Chicago will only get stronger and Orlando may be motivated and will try to build a more competent team around DH12. I'm really pessimistic right now in regards to Boston, there's just so many question marks right now. Big Baby and Delonte's contracts are up, Shaq is done, JO is only getting older as well as the big three, and they don't have any solid trade pieces to make any noise in the offseason.

No now its the Wade, Lebron, Durant, Rose era

No more big men, except Dwight, but hes not here atm.

Personally way more exciting than watching a 7 foot monster do post moves all game and win you a championship.

Edited by SRV