Finals GM1: Dallas at Miami

Real Deal

34 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Each team has won game 1 in all of its series, so this game is pretty crucial imo.

What I'm most interested in seeing is the scrappy play between the Mavs and Heat bigs. Haslem and Anthony or Chandler and Haywood? Should be some great fights for loose balls.

Also I'm excited to see how the Heat handle all the small guards for Dallas.

Actually, Heat lost to the Bulls in Game 1 before winning four straight. But I do agree with the importance of Game 1, especially for the Mavs as winning an away game to kick off the series would do wonders for their confidence.

Dirk is going down again!! But really, this is going to be a tough series. I am not gonna make a prediction that we would win like I did with other series. I am going to sit back and enjoy two really good teams play. Hopefully this time we win the title in Miami and not in Dallas if it comes down to it, but I doubt we wrap this up in under 5 games.

The key to this series is Terry/Barea. Those are the two guys who give the Mavs a scoring punch besides Dirk, and can give the team the kind of floor spacing that won't allow the Heat to suffocate slashers in the paint as badly as they did with the Bulls. Dirk will need to be stellar, but even if he does what he did against OKC, they won't win more than 1 game without the Terry/Barea combo having a big series.

Miami is going to win this series pretty easily.

I don't know how you can say this when Dallas swept not only the Lakers who were the favorite to take down the Heat if they got this far, but they beat Miami every time they have faced them...Dallas has proven themselves to be the team the beat...

I don't know how you can say this when Dallas swept not only the Lakers who were the favorite to take down the Heat if they got this far, but they beat Miami every time they have faced them...Dallas has proven themselves to be the team the beat...

They faced Miami twice, both times before 2011. Remember, Chicago went 3-0 vs Miami during the season, and Boston went 3-1 against them...yet in those two series' Miami was 8-2. As for the Lakers, they were playing horrible basketball, and keep in mind they lost to Miami both meeting during the regular season also (if you must insist on bring the regular season into the discussion).

They faced Miami twice, both times before 2011. Remember, Chicago went 3-0 vs Miami during the season, and Boston went 3-1 against them...yet in those two series' Miami was 8-2. As for the Lakers, they were playing horrible basketball, and keep in mind they lost to Miami both meeting during the regular season also (if you must insist on bring the regular season into the discussion).

Even if regular season means nothing, I'd much rather win than lose

I don't know why everyone is picking the Heat in 5 games or so. This Dallas team is one of the deepest teams I have ever watched, and Dirk is playing out of his freaking mind. This series will go to at least 6 games, and I think Dallas will eventually come out on top.

The regular season means nothing though. The Bulls went 3-0 against us and we man handled them in the playoffs. I doubt the Mavs will let us do the same, but we are like a completely different team somehow. Lebron turned on his clutchness. Its like he knows he can take over the game but he chooses not to until we really need it.

Really though, all these games will come down to Dirk's clutch, vs Lebron/Wade clutch. If its anything like the 06 finals where we won 3 games by 3 points or less, I will have a heart attack watching these games.

I just don't see Dallas stopping us from running. That's what makes me very confident coming in but still, Dallas is playing great ball. However, they won't score like they did vs. OKC. Our half court defense is on a complete other level compared to OKC. All their shots will be contested unlike the last series. I wanna say Heat in 5, winning in Dallas again but I'll play it safe and say Heat in 6.

I like the Heats chances in this. I'm not gonna make a bold statement and say whether whatever teams will win in X amount of games. I'm just gonna enjoy the series, which I'm sure will a great one no matter what the outcome. But of course, I'm rooting for the Heat all the way!! :glasses:

It really makes me sick when I go on ESPN and they are so bias towards LeBron, proclaiming him as the most clutch player in the league, comparing him to MJ suddenly....they totally overlook how unclutch he was last year in Cleveland...it's brainwashing...unbelievable.

Oh well, f*** propaganda and go MAVS.

Edited by Cleveland's Finest

It really makes me sick when I go on ESPN and they are so bias towards LeBron, proclaiming him as the most clutch player in the league, comparing him to MJ suddenly....they totally overlook how unclutch he was last year in Cleveland...it's brainwashing...unbelievable.

Oh well, f*** propaganda and go MAVS.

He had no help in Cleveland. As soon as LeBron has a good supporting cast he got his ring, no coincidence.