Finals GM1: Dallas at Miami

Real Deal

34 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I don't care if he had no help. He had enough help to beat Boston by almost 30 and take a 2-1 lead, and he had enough quit in him to quit the rest of the series and lose three straight in pathetic fashion.

Game 4 vs. Boston: 22/9/8/2/1

Game 6 vs. Boston: 27/19/10/3/1

Even though his shooting percentages and turnovers weren't spectacular in either of those games, those are still two really, really solid games. If that's "quitting", then that's even more proof he's easily the best player in the NBA.

BTW, check what Wade did vs. Chicago this post-season, or Kobe against Dallas, or Rose vs. Miami, or Dwight vs. Boston last season. LeBron's series against Boston was better than what those players' did, and either way one series shouldn't discount a player's entire career.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Game 6...it was 78-74 with 9 minutes left...LeBron didn't take a single shot until there was less than a minute left and the game was over. I'm talking clutch and ESPN OVERLOOKED the UNCLUTCH from that SERIES. That's not MJ.

Edited by Cleveland's Finest

Game 6...it was 78-74 with 9 minutes left...LeBron didn't take a single shot until there was less than a minute left and the game was over. I'm talking clutch and ESPN OVERLOOKED the UNCLUTCH from that SERIES. That's not MJ.

Yeah, because having a great game through the entire game isn't clutch, right? Contrary to popular belief, 2pts in quarters 1-3 does hold as much weight as 2pts in the 4th quarter.

And ESPN also overlooked Kobe refusing to shoot in the 2nd half of Game 7 against the Suns in 2006 (or his 6-24 shooting in Game 7 against Boston, or his duds against the Mavs this year) when talking about how he may be the most clutch player in NBA history. Bottom line is when you make up for a bad performance with mutliple elite performances, people tend to overlook the bad stuff.

I don't know how you can say this when Dallas swept not only the Lakers who were the favorite to take down the Heat if they got this far, but they beat Miami every time they have faced them...Dallas has proven themselves to be the team the beat...

As much as I dislike the Heat, they are the best team in the league.

Alright, ESPN is all over our jock right now. I enjoyed when their analysts were picking against us, all of a sudden most of them are picking us to win in 5 or 6. Not cool. I really hope this doesn't become a bandwagon team, about 90% of the nation hated us at the beginning of the season and now its like 60%.

Biggest problem for the Mavs will be covering Dwyane Wade. Carlisle might end up keeping Stevenson in the lineup just to guard him, which will limit Terry's effectiveness, and might also go with Corey Brewer at times, which will definitely hurt their offense. If they end up putting Kidd on him, it won't work. Kidd cannot keep up with Wade despite how good of a defender he is. Jason isn't great at covering players with quick first steps, he's only equipped to guarding players that rely on shot fakes and high post moves.

Another problem is Chris Bosh. Similar to what Chicago did, if you put Dirk on him (like the Bulls did with Boozer), he will expose you big time. He's too versatile and too much of an offensive threat for Dirk. If you put Chandler on him (like they did with Noah), you're eliminating your rebounding advantage because Chris will play more on the perimeter.

I'm sure Carlisle will use his zone defense like he did in the regular season, but I'm not sure it will work out since they played Miami twice before Christmas.

On offense though, LBJ and Wade won't be able to cheat off their man because Dallas has such great three point shooters. If Dirk is on his game, and Miami tries doubling him, they will get in trouble. I'm guessing Spo plans on throwing different players at him, Joel Anthony, Haslem, Bosh, and LBJ will probably spend some time covering him.

Should be an exciting series, can't wait.

Bibby and Chalmers blow. They have one job and its to shoot open threes, and they can't do it when its easy, they do it once in a while with the defender has his cock down their throats.

Same thing applies to Mike Miller and James Jones

Edited by SRV

Wade really has to get it going. He's forcing too much and consistently getting the ball tipped and deflected...he needs to be more decisive on his moves, and not be afraid to take squared up, balanced jumpers.