Finals GM1: Dallas at Miami

Real Deal

34 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I hate how we are always playing a close game, thankfully we are able to win them. BTW, Lebron should be shooting threes from now on, everyone else sucks at them.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Game 4 vs. Boston: 22/9/8/2/1

Game 6 vs. Boston: 27/19/10/3/1

Even though his shooting percentages and turnovers weren't spectacular in either of those games, those are still two really, really solid games. If that's "quitting", then that's even more proof he's easily the best player in the NBA.

BTW, check what Wade did vs. Chicago this post-season, or Kobe against Dallas, or Rose vs. Miami, or Dwight vs. Boston last season. LeBron's series against Boston was better than what those players' did, and either way one series shouldn't discount a player's entire career.

Not giving the turnovers and the plays where LeBron disinterestedly took himself out of the game are major crimes of omission in this argument.

It really makes me sick when I go on ESPN and they are so bias towards LeBron, proclaiming him as the most clutch player in the league, comparing him to MJ suddenly....they totally overlook how unclutch he was last year in Cleveland...it's brainwashing...unbelievable.

Oh well, f*** propaganda and go MAVS.

Last year was last year. Players always deserve chances to rewrite their legacy if they play better than they did in the past.

You want to become recognized for clutch play? Go own the 4th quarters against Boston, Chicago, and Dallas with repeated gigantic shots and dunks over Pierce, Deng, and Marion. Propaganda is propaganda. But what are you going to say when the game is close and LeBron makes multiple shots and few mistakes?

Edited by Erick Blasco

I think Carlisle sat Kidd down on the bench for too long, especially in the fourth, I think Jason came in around the 7 minute mark. He's gotta play more in the fourth, Barea was struggling big time.

Props to Spo, he completely took JJ out of that game, Miami's pick and roll defense was incredible tonight.

Jason Terry made some terrible decisions out there, he jacked up too many three's when Dallas didn't need it. Overall though, it was more of Dallas not being able to hit their shots. Dirk missed a ton of his shots that he normally makes (i,e. the impossible one's). Maybe it was Miami's pressure, or maybe it was just that they cooled off.

Spo made some key adjustments throughout the course of the game. He ended up putting LBJ on Terry which was brilliant, and they did a great job keeping Chandler off the offensive glass.

Not giving the turnovers and the plays where LeBron disinterestedly took himself out of the game are major crimes of omission in this argument.

Considering everything else he did those games, including shutting down Pierce, I think doing what he did those games against what was then the league's best defense was pretty damn good.

Anyway, good game for Miami. They made adjustments after the first 2 quarters or so and started limiting 2nd chance points and open 3pt attempts for guys like Kidd and Terry. Once that happened, they basically suffocated Dallas' offense, and Dirk was never able to really get it going and reel off consecutive baskets late in the game. The one very bright spot for Dallas was Marion...he was fantastic on both ends. Wade FINALLY picked it up after a few really, really lackluster games (besides the last few minutes of the Chicago elimination game) and had a great all-around performance.

Considering everything else he did those games, including shutting down Pierce, I think doing what he did those games against what was then the league's best defense was pretty damn good.

Anyway, good game for Miami. They made adjustments after the first 2 quarters or so and started limiting 2nd chance points and open 3pt attempts for guys like Kidd and Terry. Once that happened, they basically suffocated Dallas' offense, and Dirk was never able to really get it going and reel off consecutive baskets late in the game. The one very bright spot for Dallas was Marion...he was fantastic on both ends. Wade FINALLY picked it up after a few really, really lackluster games (besides the last few minutes of the Chicago elimination game) and had a great all-around performance.

I thought Dallas had some decent looks but a lot of their players were concerned with the speed of Miami's closeouts. That and Bosh has the speed and length to disrupt Barea at the rim. Dallas also missed a lot of layups, got nothing from Peja, and didn't give up many easy shots to Dirk.

I like how Wade took ownership of the fourth quarter on both ends, how Chalmers shook off a rough series by playing outstanding defense on Barea and making several big threes, and how the Heat put major pressure on Dirk defensively in the 4th quarter leading to points.

A late closeout on a Haslem jumper, getting broken down off the dribble by Haslem, a miscommunication in the zone leading to a dunk by Haslem plus a free throw, and a bad foul call on a Bosh roll leading to two free throws. That's 10 points at least directly attributed to either bad Dirk defense or bad calls on good Dirk defense.

Attack the worst defenders in ways beyond isolations. That's something good offenses do. Everytime the Heat attacked Dirk one-on-one, Dirk would usually play decent defense, and help would be behind him.

However, eight of those points were attributed to poor help by Dirk. Nice job by Spoelstra and the Heat by punishing Dirk correctly.

Stellar defense from both sides but the Heat made key players like Barea and Terry out of the equation and their offense was just enough to get them over the hump. This is what they've done the entire playoffs, great win for Miami.

Very much looking forward to game 2.

Turnovers were even. The Heat out-rebounded the Mavs and matched their three-ball. The Heat made an unusual amount from downtown. Even though the Mavs zoned, I'm not sure how likely that is to happen again.

Both teams shot poorly from 2. If threes aren't as kind for Miami the next game, I'd say it will be more important to get better looks around the basket. More specifically, Bosh needs to find a way to increase his efficiency (18 shots, 12 free throws for 19 points).

One consistent factor the Heat will have, and something many overlook. At the SG position, Wade grabbed 10 rebounds in 38 minutes. DeShawn and Jet grabbed 3 rebounds combined in 47 minutes.

We could have easily lost this game so I am not going to say the Mavs don't have a chance. Even if we win both these games at home, we have to go to their house and win one or else we will come back down 3-2 and one mistake for us and its over. I like what I saw though, Dirk got a bunch of points from the FT line so we kind of limited his presence in the game. We just gotta keep that up and hope that they don't hit threes.

Dirk scored efficiently. 27 points, .58 TS%.

Whatever the Heat do, Dirk will score in volume and effectiveness. He's that good.

In terms of trying to take Dirk out of the game, I think what the Heat should focus on is simply to keep Dirk from taking shots. Do what you can to keep him from catching it, and force the ball out of his hands whenever he does...

...which is what the Heat HAVE been doing, or at least trying to do. Attacking him on the other end, meaning forcing Dirk to defend, can help fatigue him a bit and also (ideally) force him into foul trouble. The Heat have been doing that as well, but there's only so much you can do against a guy like him.

Unlike Rose, Dirk IS a superstar-level scorer.

But the Heat have two of them.

Edited by Poe

I think Carlisle sat Kidd down on the bench for too long, especially in the fourth, I think Jason came in around the 7 minute mark. He's gotta play more in the fourth, Barea was struggling big time.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing ABL... However I think that it was hard for Rick to do otherwise as, first Kidd is quite old and it's hard for him to play more minutes now, and second Barea has been so good in the playoffs that maybe he was still expecting him to get back to his best.

Overall though, it was more of Dallas not being able to hit their shots. Dirk missed a ton of his shots that he normally makes (i,e. the impossible one's). Maybe it was Miami's pressure, or maybe it was just that they cooled off.

Yep agree with you there too. Dirk missed shots that he normally makes in that game. Especially left hand lay ups, he missed four or five or them... That's not like him. That's why I'm still confident, I don't expect him to keep missing them any longer.

Besides the Heat were better than usual from behind the ark, I don't expect that to contiue as well.

And the thing that pissed me off the most in that game was the Heat offensive rebounds. They had too much of them, I couldn't understand why the Mavs didn't pay more attention about that.. I definitely hope that to change next game, it's outrgeous to let the Heat have so many second chances like that.

Well anyhow it's no big deal, the Mavs have to win one game in Miami. They didn't success this time well they'll have another chance to do so next time. However the pressure is on them now. They HAVE to win this second game. To put the pressure on Miami in the third game. I really hope that they will. I'm starting to worry about my dick... http://i695.photobucket.com/albums/vv311/JenniferxDLove/smiley_grin.gif

Can't wait for tomorrow !

Edited by Oliver P