Did Anyone See The Hangover 2?

It was definitely a lot nastier than the first. Still hilarious, and the mysterious story line kind of keeps you entertained while they aren't throwing jokes and awkward moments out there.

It was definitely a lot nastier than the first. Still hilarious, and the mysterious story line kind of keeps you entertained while they aren't throwing jokes and awkward moments out there.

nastier, by what? I loved all the penis shots, its was very erotic. I enjoyed this movie, it follows the formula as the first one pretty much, but it was still great. Can't wait for a third.

The first one was way funnier, but this one was hilarious too. Only problem was that they made too many jokes about the same situation happened before. I was ok with the first few, but when it was like every 15-20 minutes it kinda got old.

Not a fan of this one I prefer the first one much more. I'm not a huge fan of sequels though and I did see all the reviews prior to watching and agree with all the rotten ones, it was nothing original. It's not really a "must see."

Looking toward to some other movies coming out this summer.

Just saw this, very disappointed in it. I think Todd Phillips tried too hard with this, and tried to emulate the first way too much. Instead of being original and creative, he simply took parts from the first one, and added a small twist to it...nothing special. Galfinakis' character is too played out and predictable, his stuff is really getting old.

But oh well, sequels are rarely successful.

I don't understand how you can judge a comedy. It was funny as shit, thats all that counts. I didn't see anything wrong with it, they just followed a formula that worked. If there is a 3rd one they said they won't follow the same formula again.

I don't understand how you can judge a comedy. It was funny as shit, thats all that counts. I didn't see anything wrong with it, they just followed a formula that worked. If there is a 3rd one they said they won't follow the same formula again.

Word, the movie was hilarious, who cares if it was just like the first one, that one was hilarious too...

I think any movie in any genre can be judged. If it's a bad comedy then it's a bad comedy you wouldn't just shrug it off because it's in the comedy genre.

Anyway I'm not trying to say I'm surprised with the reaction, it was obvious if Phillips took the safe route and virtually made a carbon copy of what worked it would do well with the public and do poorly with the critics. That's almost how all sequels play out, and as long as the movie grosses big bucks who cares what critics say it's certainly not stopping a particular generation from spending money on part 2, and 3.

If you're a picky movie fan like I am I think that's a disappointing pattern that lacks originality, it's not just Hangover 2 it's all the part 2's and 3's that come out with nothing special. Little Fockers a prime example of a useless stretch of a series, yet still grossed over 300 million dollars worldwide.

Judging a movie no matter what genre is completely fair comedy doesn't get a golden pass. This genre is fantastic and it's one of my favorites but if you ever want the Oscars and such to take you seriously (which they complain about constantly as a genre) then criticism is part of the game.

Hangover 2 was funny, but not original. For me just IMO that doesn't give it a pass because it accomplished being funny, but that's just me, no denying if you love this group and you just want to laugh it's fine keep churning them out, it's all about the money at the end of the day.

• Like 1

I enjoyed it. Just manage your expectations.

To the people calling it out for being unoriginal or for lacking complexity or whatever, what exactly were you expecting? Just curious..