Finals GM5: Miami at Dallas (tied 2-2)

17 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

LeBron is averaging just 2.2 PPG in the 4th quarter of the series. That's 11 points total, five games, a high of 5 points in one of those quarters.

Miami isn't getting anything from LeBron on the offensive end, scoring-wise, and they aren't getting anything on the defensive end with 3-4 minutes to go.

Dirk has two games to get one win. Both on the road. He has to smell blood. As of tonight, right now, this is the best chance he has ever had to win a championship...and may be the best he'll ever have.

5 of those 11 came in the first game, which the Heat won, so that makes it 1.5 ppg in the last 4 4th quarters. Miami is 1-3 in that span.

• Owner

LeBron is doing everything in his power to not take the blame during this presser. They asked him, directly, if he needs to score more...if he needs to shut down Terry better in the fourth...and he talks about how it's not an offensive problem, how the team has to play better defense, and how Terry will "make a few" shots if he "gets enough cracks at it."

How the hell can Heat fans even like this guy?

What some aren't going to understand (I'm reading it on Facebook right now) is that LeBron has to score the ball. He has to be aggressive. If he becomes a facilitator, Dallas can sag off a bit and focus more on Wade, and basically force the ball into Bosh, something Miami doesn't want to do because it slows the game down.

Problem is, he was playing aggressively in the first half, but completely went away from it as the game progressed..that just can't happen. And it goes back to my original point, he was simply just too tired, similar to the Boston series last year.

Spo did a good job getting him the ball at different positions of attack. He took LBJ off of screens and even posted him up a few times, but then all of a sudden Wade comes back in and Bron relies on him more .

• Owner

Problem is, he was playing aggressively in the first half, but completely went away from it as the game progressed..that just can't happen. And it goes back to my original point, he was simply just too tired, similar to the Boston series last year.

Spo did a good job getting him the ball at different positions of attack. He took LBJ off of screens and even posted him up a few times, but then all of a sudden Wade comes back in and Bron relies on him more .

Right, but he wasn't trying to get to the line in the first half (or the second), and as I've stated over and over again (and many of you as well), that's how the Heat win their games. They win them at the line.

LeBron was 4-10 in the first half. I recall 4-5 of those missed shots being 20 feet from the rim (or beyond that). One or two were off of offensive rebounds, under the rim. He wasn't putting his head down and driving to the rim.

It's kind of like watching Shaq stand 15 feet from the rim and take jumpers for 40 minutes. That was never his game. He always belonged in the post, throwing elbows and shoulders, creating room, and dunking the ball with players fouling him like crazy. That was his thing, and that's what made him one of the most dominant players ever.

So, yes, LeBron is relying too much on Wade...so much, he's really turning into a sidekick. The truth is, LeBron is not a Ray Allen, Reggie Miller, or a Rip Hamilton...he can't play off the ball. He doesn't utilize screens well. He doesn't cut when he should. At the end of the day, the conflicting games (or, I guess you can say the similar games that conflict each other) of Wade and LeBron could be the death of this team this season.

• Like 2

Right, but he wasn't trying to get to the line in the first half (or the second), and as I've stated over and over again (and many of you as well), that's how the Heat win their games. They win them at the line.

LeBron was 4-10 in the first half. I recall 4-5 of those missed shots being 20 feet from the rim (or beyond that). One or two were off of offensive rebounds, under the rim. He wasn't putting his head down and driving to the rim.

It's kind of like watching Shaq stand 15 feet from the rim and take jumpers for 40 minutes. That was never his game. He always belonged in the post, throwing elbows and shoulders, creating room, and dunking the ball with players fouling him like crazy. That was his thing, and that's what made him one of the most dominant players ever.

So, yes, LeBron is relying too much on Wade...so much, he's really turning into a sidekick. The truth is, LeBron is not a Ray Allen, Reggie Miller, or a Rip Hamilton...he can't play off the ball. He doesn't utilize screens well. He doesn't cut when he should. At the end of the day, the conflicting games (or, I guess you can say the similar games that conflict each other) of Wade and LeBron could be the death of this team this season.

Great post.

I recall 2 wide open shots he missed. Not sure where the third miss occurred.

Well, I agree that it was, and should be, Wade's game late. But you can't sit there and tell me Lebron was as aggressive as he could have been in the 4th. People call him a 'superstar' but he played lackluster in the most important quarter of his life. Also, you say he wasn't great by any means. Well that is my point! If he is the superstar people claim he is than he NEEDS to be [expletive]ing great. Best player in the NBA my ass.

Agreed.

He's still human though. Wade had an off series against the Bulls but no one killed him like they are LeBron now. LeBron was great against Chicago late...I mean, it's a long season, it's not going to happen in every single game. I agree his performance has not been near what he's capable of - that's obvious and no one is claiming that. But, if he's super aggressive and forces shots up and tries to 'win the game' then people say that he ball-hogged it, should've distributed, etc. etc. He is being playedp pretty well in this series - they are taking him out of the games late...And, I know you guys think that NBA players are like energizer bunnies, but I'm sure fatigue DOES play a factor late in these games...he plays every single minute in the 2nd half...the guy never sits. I know he's young, in great shape, etc. but I'm sure his legs do get a bit tired considering he's constantly swarmed by double's all series long and this has been a very physical playoffs..Not saying that is the main contributor, it's definitely not. But I'm sure he does feel it a LITTLE bit at the end. The guy is human...

And actually, the charge on LeBron (caused by Chandler), was the right call...

http://nbaplaybook.com/2011/06/10/why-the-charge-on-lebron-james-was-the-right-call/

Wasn't really saiying it was teh wrong call...but it definitely could've went the other way...no debate about that.

But, if he's super aggressive and forces shots up and tries to 'win the game' then people say that he ball-hogged it, should've distributed, etc. etc.

But would you rather have the best player in the game doing too much, or staying complacent and not involving himself in the offense the way he should?

But would you rather have the best player in the game doing too much, or staying complacent and not involving himself in the offense the way he should?

I thought he involved himself. It's just that his game isn't really suited to get the big shot in the 4th quarter. His jumper is wack, and people just play him to drive. I have no problem with him taking a backseat to Dwayne Wade who is the much better 4th quarter closer...

I do agree he definitely needs to be more aggressive; but when Wade is on your team it's a fine line between trying to do too much yourself and being too complacent. It's really tough to analyze after the fact....

• Owner

Wade is actually older, and didn't even come out to start the second half due to the injury. That is the green light for LeBron to seek a 25-30 point second half.

I can't accept excuses for LeBron James. Not right now. Wade has been carrying him, so he shouldn't be that tired. He's having to average just 17-18 PPG in this series, and just 2.2 PPG in the 4th quarter. He's defending Jason Terry, not an overly-aggressive Derrick Rose.

When you are just two wins away from an NBA championship, and you're a superstar that many consider unstoppable, you prove those people right. When your superstar teammate is down and obviously limping around, the opportunity hits you in the face, and you take over the game, much like he has done against many teams in the playoffs back in Cleveland.

If Dallas is up by 3-4 points, two minutes to go in Game 6, and Wade is hurt...I'm turning into Michael. If anyone is to stop me, it means they'd have to foul the hell out of me and send me to the charity stripe. Will he do that? Probably not, because in what he said was the biggest game of his life, he didn't make that attempt.

Wade is actually older, and didn't even come out to start the second half due to the injury. That is the green light for LeBron to seek a 25-30 point second half.

I can't accept excuses for LeBron James. Not right now. Wade has been carrying him, so he shouldn't be that tired. He's having to average just 17-18 PPG in this series, and just 2.2 PPG in the 4th quarter. He's defending Jason Terry, not an overly-aggressive Derrick Rose.

When you are just two wins away from an NBA championship, and you're a superstar that many consider unstoppable, you prove those people right. When your superstar teammate is down and obviously limping around, the opportunity hits you in the face, and you take over the game, much like he has done against many teams in the playoffs back in Cleveland.

If Dallas is up by 3-4 points, two minutes to go in Game 6, and Wade is hurt...I'm turning into Michael. If anyone is to stop me, it means they'd have to foul the hell out of me and send me to the charity stripe. Will he do that? Probably not, because in what he said was the biggest game of his life, he didn't make that attempt.

True, true. He doesn't really have that put the team on my back mentality in Miami I suppose...

• Owner

True, true. He doesn't really have that put the team on my back mentality in Miami I suppose...

While we're all waiting for LeBron to have that big Finals game, I wonder how many of us are waiting for Wade to have a terrible one. If it happens in Game 6, and LeBron doesn't step up, the Heat are toast.

Suddenly, these last two games are must-wins for Miami. As it stands, the Heat are now 2-5 against the Mavericks this season, and two of those five losses are in Miami. Sunday will be huge.

Lebron, "The King," has been a joke all series. I laugh at anyone comparing him to Michael Jordan or Kobe Bryant in their prime, or making ridiculous claims that he's somehow even better. No heart, no drive, and I can't remember the last time he's come through in the clutch.

That being said, the series is far from over. I hate Miami and want them to lose, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Dallas choke once again and drop the next two games. As long as Wade gets healthy, Game 6 and 7 in Miami should belong to the Heat. I still see Miami winning when it's all said and done, the big 3 will play better at home.

Lebron, "The King," has been a joke all series. I laugh at anyone comparing him to Michael Jordan or Kobe Bryant in their prime, or making ridiculous claims that he's somehow even better. No heart, no drive, and I can't remember the last time he's come through in the clutch.

That being said, the series is far from over. I hate Miami and want them to lose, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Dallas choke once again and drop the next two games. As long as Wade gets healthy, Game 6 and 7 in Miami should belong to the Heat. I still see Miami winning when it's all said and done, the big 3 will play better at home.

This post is absolutely ridiculous.

You don't remember the last time LeBron came through in the clutch? Jeez, I don't know, pick a game in either the Boston series or Chicago series and you are likely to find one. The guy buried Boston in game 5 and sent them packing by scoring something like the final 10 points of the game. He drilled the dagger three against the Bulls and completely shut down Derrick Rose in every 4th quarter that he guarded him. The guy basically single handedly took over the final 5 minutes of every close game in both of those series. I know, I know, the Finals are the biggest stage of them all and he is playing poorly, but he is playing better than Wade did against the Bulls and yet nobody seems to want to bring up the fact that LeBron carried Wade on his back in that series, but love to point out that Wade is "carrying" LeBron in this one.

I don't particularly care for his attitude just as much as the next guy, but he is an all-time great basketball talent, regardless of whether or not he has played below expectations in this series.

As for the Mavs comment, I love the constant crap about them choking. Even if they lose this series, I fail to see how it would constitute as a Mavs choke job considering the Heat have the final 2 games at home and going by the old theory of taking care of homecourt, this series is technically right were it should. Its not like the games have been blowouts or anything as pretty much every one of them has come down to the wire with either team having the chance to win in the end. Unless the Mavs manage to blow a 20 point 4th quarter lead in both games or something, it is laughable to suggest that them losing this series would be considered a choke.

This post is absolutely ridiculous.

You don't remember the last time LeBron came through in the clutch? Jeez, I don't know, pick a game in either the Boston series or Chicago series and you are likely to find one. The guy buried Boston in game 5 and sent them packing by scoring something like the final 10 points of the game. He drilled the dagger three against the Bulls and completely shut down Derrick Rose in every 4th quarter that he guarded him. The guy basically single handedly took over the final 5 minutes of every close game in both of those series. I know, I know, the Finals are the biggest stage of them all and he is playing poorly, but he is playing better than Wade did against the Bulls and yet nobody seems to want to bring up the fact that LeBron carried Wade on his back in that series, but love to point out that Wade is "carrying" LeBron in this one.

I don't particularly care for his attitude just as much as the next guy, but he is an all-time great basketball talent, regardless of whether or not he has played below expectations in this series.

As for the Mavs comment, I love the constant crap about them choking. Even if they lose this series, I fail to see how it would constitute as a Mavs choke job considering the Heat have the final 2 games at home and going by the old theory of taking care of homecourt, this series is technically right were it should. Its not like the games have been blowouts or anything as pretty much every one of them has come down to the wire with either team having the chance to win in the end. Unless the Mavs manage to blow a 20 point 4th quarter lead in both games or something, it is laughable to suggest that them losing this series would be considered a choke.

You are right.

• Like 1