Finals GM5: Miami at Dallas (tied 2-2)

17 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Not much to slam him about...whenever he got thrown double teams at him, he passed it off to Wade. Idk what people expect him to do. Throw up shots over double teams and pray they go in?

...Did you watch the 4th quarter??!?!

People are going to say Lebron had an excellent night after looking at his boxscore but everyone who actually watched the game knows what the case was tonight.

He didn't play that bad. He didn't do anything in the 4th but the ball was going to Wade for the most part. Plus, that was a very borderline call on the charge with 2 min left...if that is a blocking foul we could be talking about the Heat on the verge of a championship...

...Did you watch the 4th quarter??!?!

Yes...I did. I didn't really see where he played so poorly. So he missed like 1-2 decent jump shots / 3 pt looks...so now the guy can't miss a shot? Wade had a hot hand, so he was giving it to Wade. Wade's matchup is just way better in this series, he's been playing great despite the injury in this one...

• Owner

LeBron is averaging just 2.2 PPG in the 4th quarter of the series. That's 11 points total, five games, a high of 5 points in one of those quarters.

Miami isn't getting anything from LeBron on the offensive end, scoring-wise, and they aren't getting anything on the defensive end with 3-4 minutes to go.

Dirk has two games to get one win. Both on the road. He has to smell blood. As of tonight, right now, this is the best chance he has ever had to win a championship...and may be the best he'll ever have.

Yes...I did. I didn't really see where he played so poorly. So he missed like 1-2 decent jump shots / 3 pt looks...so now the guy can't miss a shot? Wade had a hot hand, so he was giving it to Wade. Wade's matchup is just way better in this series, he's been playing great despite the injury in this one...

No, he can't miss a wide open look! That's the whole damn point. WTF.

If he wants to be treated like a superstar he needs to play like one and hit the open shots.

"Now or never"? I guess it's [expletive]ing never. The real question is when will Lebron take his talents to the fourth quarter?

Dallas dropped some major bombs tonight, that was crazy. That's the Dallas I remember seeing over the last few years when the played the Rockets, it would always be these unreal threes from all over the court. They were scorching hot from three point land.

I absolutely hate hate hate the Mavs but honestly this was such a fun game to watch. This whole series has been scrappy, ugly at times but it sure has caused nail biting finishes, great stuff.

• Owner

Joey Crawford did a great job swinging the momentum back to Dallas. Well done sir.

LOL, yes, by ignoring the insane six-step travel on a post-up by Dwyane Wade, the two flagrant fouls by Juwan Howard, and the step-and-pro-hop three-step travel by James, or when Jason Kidd was hit in the hip on his last three-pointer, or when Barea was hit on the hand by Chalmers on his three-pointer.

:rolleyes:

• Like 4

No, he can't miss a wide open look! That's the whole damn point. WTF.

If he wants to be treated like a superstar he needs to play like one and hit the open shots.

"Now or never"? I guess it's [expletive]ing never. The real question is when will Lebron take his talents to the fourth quarter?

Well it was only like one or two open shots to be fair. And many of the times he was just giving it up to Wade.

Lets be honest - Wade is a better closer...He has that mentality, and he had the offensive skill set that better suits closing games in the 4th quarter and taking the big shots. LeBron...not so much. That's not to say that I think LeBron played poorly tonight or even do I think he played poor in the 4th...He wasn't great by any means, but poor? Nah...It was mostly Wade's game late...

And the officiating was fine for the most part. No way did Crawford or the refs screw Miami tonight...so let's not even get started on the officiating being tilted one way or another....

Joey Crawford did a great job swinging the momentum back to Dallas. Well done sir.

http://imageftw.com/uploads/20110610/THRUSTING.gif.pagespeed.ce.oFc2hR6jYV.gif

• Like 2

I've been giving Spo a ton of credit recently, but today was not one of his best games coaching. The defense on Barea was terrible. And I think it's time to take LBJ off of Terry, Jet has figured him out now. Got to throw different looks at him to keep him confused.

What's crazy is that the Heat made one FG after Wade's three with 4:37 left... and I believe that came off of LeBron's layup with 30 seconds left.

Carlisle said it in the press conference, dribble penetration from Terry and Barea was huge. Props to them.

And again, I said it after game 4, LeBron is not dribbling hard off the pick n roll. I don't care what people say after looking at the stat sheet, he was too complacent, especially in the fourth. Just like last year, he was lethargic in the fourth quarter...plain and simple.

• Owner

Hey he still pulled off a triple double... but still mystified with the fade to dark concept he has going in the fourth, pretty annoying to watch when you know what he possesses.

Yeah, the triple-double was nice, but LeBron has never scored over 25 points in an NBA Finals game (nine games so far). I figured he was due for a 30.

Lol, whiners gonna whine.

• Like 3

Yeah, the triple-double was nice, but LeBron has never scored over 25 points in an NBA Finals game (nine games so far). I figured he was due for a 30.

Good point, I thought he was going to go "ballistic" on the scoring end as well.

• Owner

What some aren't going to understand (I'm reading it on Facebook right now) is that LeBron has to score the ball. He has to be aggressive. If he becomes a facilitator, Dallas can sag off a bit and focus more on Wade, and basically force the ball into Bosh, something Miami doesn't want to do because it slows the game down.

Well it was only like one or two open shots to be fair. And many of the times he was just giving it up to Wade.

I recall 2 wide open shots he missed. Not sure where the third miss occurred.

Lets be honest - Wade is a better closer...He has that mentality, and he had the offensive skill set that better suits closing games in the 4th quarter and taking the big shots. LeBron...not so much. That's not to say that I think LeBron played poorly tonight or even do I think he played poor in the 4th...He wasn't great by any means, but poor? Nah...It was mostly Wade's game late...

Well, I agree that it was, and should be, Wade's game late. But you can't sit there and tell me Lebron was as aggressive as he could have been in the 4th. People call him a 'superstar' but he played lackluster in the most important quarter of his life. Also, you say he wasn't great by any means. Well that is my point! If he is the superstar people claim he is than he NEEDS to be [expletive]ing great. Best player in the NBA my ass.

And the officiating was fine for the most part. No way did Crawford or the refs screw Miami tonight...so let's not even get started on the officiating being tilted one way or another....

Agreed.

Edited by Guru