Finals GM5: Miami at Dallas (tied 2-2)

17 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

What a great game. I'm really enjoying those Finals so far, honestly the best Finals I've seen since the 90's. I know a lot of people doesn't like it as much as I do, because it's scrappy (or ugly...) but that's the kind of basketball I love.

And another great performance by Dirk. It's simple, after scoring eight points in the fourth quarter Thursday, Dirk Nowitzki has now scored at least eight points in the fourth during every game in the Conference Finals and NBA Finals. He's the true MVP. Okay I have no problem with Rose being the MVP though, he definitely deserved it, but I have a BIG problem with Durant being in the NBA First team ahead of him... That is just purely and simply OUTRAGEOUS. As I said many times Dirk should have been in the All NBA First team those past couple of years.

Well anyway the Mavs have now the opportunity to win their first ring ever. They have just been fantastic so far. After the first couple of games I said myself that the Heat were slightly better but this is not the case any longer, after five games the Mavs have just been better than Miami, both offensively AND defensively. And they've also obviously been way better in the clutch. They have the momentum and are the favorites to win game 6 IMO. But the Heat can definitely come back... It definitely will not be a blow out, I expect next game to be as close as alll the other games. Well anyway Dallas better win next game and not give the Heat any chances.

Also I think that many people doesn't understand what the problem is with LeBron James. I mean sure a bad game can happen to anybody, and he's been terrific against the Bulls in the ECF but this is the NBA Finals and the guy SUCKED, plain and simple, for three games in a row. That is not what the kind of things that you expect from a player that is considered by many as the best in the league. Sure when you look at it his stats were not that bad but it doesn't matter, the thing is that he was HORRIBLE in the clutch, when the games are decided and that's the only thing that matters.

It's simple : LeBron James eight point performance for the Heat in Game 4 of the NBA Finals was the worst showing by a former MVP in his prime over the past 20 years. Four previous MVPs scored single-digit points in a Finals game, but all of them (Kevin Garnett, Shaquille O’Neal, Karl Malone and David Robinson) were gray-haired fossils by that point.

LeBron James is averaging 2.2 PPG during the 4th quarter of the NBA Finals. That is the fourth-lowest by a former MVP in any NBA Finals series over the last 25 seasons. The difference between James and the other guys on this list? His most recent MVP award came just one season ago whereas the others were well past their MVP-winning seasons.

And the worst part, the reason why everyone is after him right now, is that the dude is SCARED. Having a bad performance can happen to anyone, those players are human, but it is more, way more than that, it is an ATTITUDE problem, a MVP is not supposed to be shit his pants like LeBron does in the clutch during those Finals. In terms of pure talents he is certainly the best player in the league, but he certainly cannot be considered as the best because of this. At least not yet, that's for sure.

Anyway I can't wait for Sunday. Let's go Mavs !!!

Edited by Oliver P
  • Like 1

Bottom line is the Heat are built on their defense. When they let Dallas get it going early from the 3pt line, the Mavs can't be stopped (as seen with Terry's ridiculous 3pt shot over LeBron to seal the game), and the Heat don't have the kind of offense to out-duel them in that scenario. If the Heat are to win both games 6 and 7, they need to do their best to shutdown the Terry/Barea combo, and LeBron absolutely must be more aggressive in looking for his shot. This series has been an embarrasment of epic proportions for him, and if he wants his first ring he's going to have to play to his capabilities.

Im not sure who but one of the announcers called that right after the replay.

JVG. That rule comes up very rarely and a person who isn't completely up to date with NBA rules might have missed it. I completely forgot about the rule that if the offensive player starts in the defensive box you can be in the restricted circle.

One thing I've been disappointed in LeBron more than anything is his defense. He's been repeatedly attacked successfully by Shawn Marion in this series, let alone Terry. If Bron is going to struggle on the offensive end and talk about how the defense needs to be better, I'd be fine with it, but for all his talk about how successful his defense has been in the Finals---he hasn't been that great.

• Owner

One thing I've been disappointed in LeBron more than anything is his defense. He's been repeatedly attacked successfully by Shawn Marion in this series, let alone Terry. If Bron is going to struggle on the offensive end and talk about how the defense needs to be better, I'd be fine with it, but for all his talk about how successful his defense has been in the Finals---he hasn't been that great.

Yeah, he's dismissing both problems. In that presser, he was talking about how well Miami shot the ball, and how many points they scored, saying the offense wasn't the problem. He's wrong. Late in the game, the offense is indeed the problem.

But maybe not the biggest problem, because Miami can't do a damn thing against Dallas' offensive onslaughts at the end of these games. Terry has lit him up, Marion is impersonating John Wall and throwing all of these spin moves on LeBron, and in times where he's not recovering quick enough, he's standing there yelling at Mario Chalmers during the game.

Not surprised, though.

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/634042/LeBron-Every-Shot-big.jpg

Credit to sbnation on creating the image.

Thought this was interesting. It's mystifying how passively he plays as the game progresses. Not only has his efficiency dropped immensely by the fourth quarter, but he's shooting less FT's. Just look at the image, he has shot a total of 5, I repeat, 5 shots in the fourth quarter within 5 feet of the basket. That is ridiculous for a guy that big.

• Like 1

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/634042/LeBron-Every-Shot-big.jpg

Credit to sbnation on creating the image.

Thought this was interesting. It's mystifying how passively he plays as the game progresses. Not only has his efficiency dropped immensely by the fourth quarter, but he's shooting less FT's. Just look at the image, he has shot a total of 5, I repeat, 5 shots in the fourth quarter within 5 feet of the basket. That is ridiculous for a guy that big.

Well in his defense everyone complains when he has the ball in the fourth because Wade is the better closer.

• Owner

Well in his defense everyone complains when he has the ball in the fourth because Wade is the better closer.

I think a lot of people feel Wade is the better closer because he's willing to score the ball in the fourth. LeBron continues to lose confidence. He's shooting an abysmal 4-16 in the fourth quarters of the first five games of this series, which is insane for a guy who, really, should be dominating his match-ups (Kidd, who is far undersized and lacks athleticism, and Marion, who is no longer the Matrix).

I don't think a single person, in their right mind, expected this. Maybe Cleveland fans who absolutely hate LeBron and think he's the worst player on Earth, but truthfully, they've been waiting for the break-out game as well, and I can assure that, before this series started, nobody would've bet $100+ that LeBron would average just two points in the 4th quarter of the first five games, and 11 total points (something I figured he'd score in one single quarter already).