Finals GM6: Dallas at Miami (DAL 3-2)

Real Deal

23 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Yea, I expect the hate, but I am just defending my team. It sucks when my opinion doesn't matter because I am outnumbered. I mean, me, Flash, and Poe are like the only Heat fans here. Sure as hell the three of us can't convince the other 200 of you about something. Atleast the Lakers have enough people to make a compelling argument, but my arguments get shot down quickly. Most of the media attention the Heat get is minor things that get blown up. I am simply defending them for stupid stories. I think the Wade coughing thing was really stupid, he himself saids he admired Dirk, I am sure he was kidding. Stevenson on the other hand just outright saids stupid shit but no one cares. Thats the only thing that bothers me. If the Heat do something its wrong, ut if someone else does it, it gets no media attention. Imagine if Lebron had a shirt like that, the media and people on this website would crucify him.

Lebron and Wade are the face of the league playing on the team with the most media focus (for obvious reasons). Everything they do will clearly be under far more scrutiny from the media than anything a role player like DeShawn Stevenson does.

Also imo there is a thin line between having swagger/trash talking/trying to get under your opponents skin and just coming off as immature and naive, something the Heat's duo need to learn. Maybe not so much Wade, but when you listen to Lebron in an interview, he really is on his own planet.

I can't win. So I am just going to drop it all together. Good job to the Mavs, you deserved it, we played horrible. I am still very happy with the team we have and we will be back very soon, hopefully many times, not a doubt in my mind.

miami got what they deserved, you don't air a televised back stabbing, have a huge parade in miami before you've even won, and saying you're not going to win 1, not 2, not 3, not 4, not 5, not 6, but 7 championships... then get courted to the finals, get your ass whipped by a determined underdog and try to get pity from americans. they effed up. bottom line.

• Like 3

That stupid media story was minor compared to what I had to defend Kobe Bryant for back in the summer of 2003 (rape accusations)...and, even worse, the Lakers were globally hated because they were a dynasty, with a superstar that nobody liked (Kobe) and another that made fun of everyone from Divac to Yao (Shaq). It didn't help that both were at each other's throats.

But can you honestly even compare the 2? I mean, the guy was on trial for raping a girl when he was a married man. You had to expect people were going to give you serious shit for that. Once Kobe started winning though, the opinions changed just like it will when LeBron does. I have no doubt that if he wins 2 or 3 rings that people will love him again.

• Owner

But can you honestly even compare the 2? I mean, the guy was on trial for raping a girl when he was a married man. You had to expect people were going to give you serious shit for that. Once Kobe started winning though, the opinions changed just like it will when LeBron does. I have no doubt that if he wins 2 or 3 rings that people will love him again.

Opinions changed when Kobe started winning again? No. They changed when Kobe basically started clowning with the media, trying to gain their approval.

After the trial, idiots were claiming that Kobe ran Shaq off, when it was Buss that refused to give O'Neal his $30 million a year. Later, Shaq made it clear that it wasn't Kobe that ran him off, and I believe he said it once again just a few weeks ago. That produced hate towards Kobe.

That following year, the Lakers won 34 games. People wanted to dump on Bryant for that, not caring that he missed a chunk of the season AND Odom was out for the rest of the year with his shoulder injury (leaving Bryant with just Walton, Kwame, Smush and Mihm). Kobe was the scapegoat because people hated him.

Then, when Kobe supposedly "gave up" against the Suns in a Game 7, people were on the hate train again...just one year later.

Even before the 2003 trial, Kobe was hated because he was a quiet guy. He didn't talk to the media. Hell, people hated him because he stood on the table when he won it all, and many believed he was trying to mock Jordan. People hated him for fighting Chris Childs and Reggie Miller, even though Reggie was actually one of the most hated stars in the league many times throughout his career.

Nah, I didn't compare the two. Not at all. There is no comparison. The LeBron hate hasn't lasted as long, and the hate is because he has a big mouth, calls himself the King, turned his back on a city he promised he would bring a championship to (and basically his hometown), and doing it all while having zero rings and mediocre Finals performances.

So, again, I don't see the problem. The hate is warranted, more than any other superstar I've seen in the league. MJ, Kobe, Shaq...those guys were hated for winning before anything else. Jordan's gambling, Kobe's adultery, and Shaq's big mouth came later on, but it fueled a fire that was already burning due to championships and success. With LeBron James, it's ass-backwards, so I'm not sure what else to say. You guys will obviously win about 20 rings with him, so I guess you can deal with all of the hate and disrespect that comes with it.

Thats not attacking a certain player though. Stevenson went out his way to talk shit to Lebron. If Lebron was truly an ass he would talk shit back, but he never did.

Because he can't back it up....he didn't respond to Terry or Stevenson...

but I don't understand him mocking Dirk...

Lost in all of this...Ilgauskas never even played a minute in the finals and his career is over. He was my favorite player in Cleveland and I always had hope he would win a title in Cleveland. Sad, sad ending to his career and he doesn't deserve to go out like this in Miami.

Hopefully we'll see him soon on the Cavs staff.

That following year, the Lakers won 34 games. People wanted to dump on Bryant for that, not caring that he missed a chunk of the season AND Odom was out for the rest of the year with his shoulder injury (leaving Bryant with just Walton, Kwame, Smush and Mihm). Kobe was the scapegoat because people hated him.

No, he was left with Caron Butler, Chucky Atkins and a few other role players. That year I give Kobe a pass since he was battling plantar faschiatis (sp?), but that was easily his worst season IMO, and it came at the worst time with Shaq gone and the rape stuff still lingering. His turnovers and shooting percentages, especially before Hamblen re-instated the triangle after Rudy T left, was pitiful.

• Owner

No, he was left with Caron Butler, Chucky Atkins and a few other role players. That year I give Kobe a pass since he was battling plantar faschiatis (sp?), but that was easily his worst season IMO, and it came at the worst time with Shaq gone and the rape stuff still lingering. His turnovers and shooting percentages, especially before Hamblen re-instated the triangle after Rudy T left, was pitiful.

I seriously have no idea what I was thinking, again...second time I've [expletive]ed something up that I should've known, seems like I've been getting my years mixed up lately. Atkins isn't worth mentioning, though (same as Smush just one year later), and Caron was a matador on the defensive end.

That team made me sick to my stomach. It was halfway decent with Rudy T, probably a bit over .500 if I recall correctly, but with Hamblen, they racked up a 10-29 record to end the season, mainly due to the injuries and the fact that Hamblen doesn't know how to head coach.

Sad days. Let's talk about Miami some more! :(

• Like 1

btw, for those complaining that we're going too hard on the Heat fans...well I just re-read an old thread, and I have to say, they still don't have it that bad on this forum

http://www.otrbasketball.com/forums/topic/12544-gm7-boston-3-los-angeles-3/

But you guys won. And the Lakers actually have supporters. Who outside of Miami actually likes the Heat? Even before we got Lebron. No one, and now everyone just hates us as opposed to just not giving a crap.

Edited by SRV

But you guys won. And the Lakers actually have supporters. Who outside of Miami actually likes the Heat? Even before we got Lebron. No one, and now everyone just hates us as opposed to just not giving a crap.

So? You guys threw a parade and said winning more than 7 championships was going to be easy before a single game was even played. How do you think people are going to react after you basically talked shit on the entire league. Stop whining.

Edited by The Artesticle
  • Like 1

Yea? Who saids we still can't. We just got to the Finals after one year of being together. If you want me to be cocky I will. Parade was fine for me, it was for Miami, not for you ass hats.

Edited by SRV

Yea? Who saids we still can't. We just got to the Finals after one year of being together. If you want me to be cocky I will. Parade was fine for me, it was for Miami, not for you ass hats.

Good for you, keep waiting for next year. If you want to be cocky and make outlandish guarantees then stop whining about receiving hate.

• Like 2

So? You guys threw a parade and said winning more than 7 championships was going to be easy before a single game was even played. How do you think people are going to react after you basically talked shit on the entire league. Stop whining.

Lol, you're honestly still on a comment that was made to play towards a crowd at a party for our fans? Get over it.