Game of Thrones

Cobb

Surprisingly the show did a good of making it as close to the book as possible. At least that is what I have gathered from the first episode and what I've heard from my brother.

I'm actually reading the book now (halfway through it), much better than the show although you can say the same thing for every book turned movie/tv show. I might watch the show later once I get to A Clash of Kings.

I never read the books (probably will now), but I find the show to be absolutely incredible.

Can't wait until Sunday night. Thrones season finale and The Killing season finale. I will be in heaven.

Edited by Phightins

Never watched The Killing but I might tune for the finale.

Ned and Jon are [expletive]ing awesome. Tyrion is okay but so far the chapters with Bran/Arya/Sansa/Catelyn/Dany suck, hoping their's get better as the book/show gets further. Weird how Robb has yet to get one chapter but seen him plenty with Bran and Catelyn anyways.

Never watched The Killing but I might tune for the finale.

Ned and Jon are [expletive]ing awesome. Tyrion is okay but so far the chapters with Bran/Arya/Sansa/Catelyn/Dany suck, hoping their's get better as the book/show gets further. Weird how Robb has yet to get one chapter but seen him plenty with Bran and Catelyn anyways.

I would not recommend watching the finale if you haven't seen the rest of the series beforehand.

And man, I couldn't disagree more about Arya. The girl playing her is absolutely killing it, IMO. Other than Tyrion (who IMO is a lock for an Emmy), she has probably been my favorite part of the show.

Overall, I think the acting has been the show's strongest aspect. Brilliant casting. Maybe I'd feel differently if I read the books though.

• 7 months later...

I would not recommend watching the finale if you haven't seen the rest of the series beforehand.

And man, I couldn't disagree more about Arya. The girl playing her is absolutely killing it, IMO. Other than Tyrion (who IMO is a lock for an Emmy), she has probably been my favorite part of the show.

Overall, I think the acting has been the show's strongest aspect. Brilliant casting. Maybe I'd feel differently if I read the books though.

As late as this is, I felt I should reply.

Agreed on the casting, the actor for Arya was PERFECT and brought out the most of the character I read about in the books. I was referring to her role in the books when I posted that comment earlier because she doesn't really do all much in the first few books although I love her character. Without spoiling anything, later in the series Arya is arguably the best (or one of the best) POVs in the series.

I've been keeping tabs on the season 2 casting and thought that its been excellent for the most part. My only issue with it is that they had to cut out a couple of characters in order to stay under the budget but otherwise I loved it.

:wub:

• 4 weeks later...

Right now Amazon and Best Buy have Season 1 on Blu-ray for $35.

I just placed a pre-order at Best Buy since I had a gift card. Got the Stark edition and the little keychain that comes with pre-ordering.

Here's a picture of the covers and keychain:

http://i.imgur.com/qmFCp.png

You can find more information regarding the deal here: http://slickdeals.net/permadeal/69536/amazon.com-game-of-thrones-preorder-bluray

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...